The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Whip

Got a bit carried away; Just blew all my Lolly for dolly cash on so you think >:(

attheraces

Quote from: Chief Whip on June 15, 2011, 04:00:06 PM
Got a bit carried away; Just blew all my Lolly for dolly cash on so you think >:(

I would say a lot of men did, don't worry it's only Tuesday, plenty of time to get her back  ;)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Candyman

Had Strong suit @ 10's
Lolly for Dolly @ 12's
Save the Bee's @ 14's...

And Still just about Broke even!!! >:-(

Donnellys Hollow

Typical cute Kerry hoor Tommy Stack

Not really surprised So You Think got turned over but I am surprised that it was Rewilding rather than Planteur. Easy to say after the event but never believe the hype when it comes to Ballydoyle/Coolmore. He's clearly a decent animal but the Aussie middle-distance form is pure dross.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Candyman

Any fancies this evening DH to claw back a few quid? U do realise half of Mid-Ulster are waiting on ur call? ;-)

Donnellys Hollow

Only really fancy Await The Dawn (ironically a Ballydoyle horse but IMO their best of the week) for the rest of Ascot. I'm not really following the domestic flat stuff that closely this summer so I couldn't pick one out at Navan.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Dh cheers for putting me off the Frankel So you think double last week!I would've been in hot water if i had put on what i had planned!
Didn't back lolly for dolly today with the ground being good,thought she'd want some juice but had a few coppers e/w on Julienas so im happy enough! Bookies are happy boys this evening with no favourites winnning!

Over The Last

Hat's off to Donnelly's Hollow, fair play.

Was at a funeral and didnt see the tips until after the first race so was kind of glad Fury was a N/R!  :D

Had Lolly For Dolly e/w and had word for Best Terms at very short notice, backed it at 9's on P Power Insurebet Top 3.  ;D

Await The Dawn must be friday is it?

The gay fella doing the best dressed feature on Ascot is some character!!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: attheraces on June 15, 2011, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: Chief Whip on June 15, 2011, 04:00:06 PM

I would say a lot of men did, don't worry it's only Tuesday, plenty of time to get her back  ;)

lol

boojangles

What are peoples opionions of the controversy over Dettorri and his use of the whip on Rewilding? He was given a 9 day ban for using it 24 times in the final 2 furlongs. Some people calling for Rewilding to be disqualified.

tommysmith

Quote from: boojangles on June 16, 2011, 11:37:03 AM
What are peoples opionions of the controversy over Dettorri and his use of the whip on Rewilding? He was given a 9 day ban for using it 24 times in the final 2 furlongs. Some people calling for Rewilding to be disqualified.

That's hardly fair on the horse.

beer baron

Quote from: boojangles on June 16, 2011, 11:37:03 AM

Think it's a load of bull if i'm honest they're racehorses and they're there to win races and the jockeys there to do their best on top,don't get me wrong i don't like to see horses getting a beating but a few smacks of the whip do no harm!

I'd say it's only happened because it's Ascot and the BBC are covering it and the law di daws with their noses up in the air are cribbing and the BHA are trying to lick up to them!

Chief Whip

What do ye's think of fame and glorys chances today?

Untested over the trip but so was yeats, and o'brien seems to have been aiming him towards this one

RealSpiritof98

Any thoughts on Murtagh missing Ascot today for Leop tonight. He's got a good shout in every race!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Chief Whip on June 16, 2011, 12:31:05 PM
What do ye's think of fame and glorys chances today?

Untested over the trip but so was yeats, and o'brien seems to have been aiming him towards this one

Got a bad feeling about it - think i'll steer clear!