The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Word for Run for Sol 8.50 Killarney. Been backed all day. Charles Byrnes trains. :o

Candyman

Was waiting on it for a nice wee treble!!! Fecker

whitegoodman

Anybody any opinion on the 1000 guineas on sunday, is Emiyna a likely candidate?!?

boojangles

Quote from: whitegoodman on May 19, 2011, 07:12:37 PM
Anybody any opinion on the 1000 guineas on sunday, is Emiyna a likely candidate?!?

Together- IMO will take a lot of beating. Was told to back it today. Obviously would like to hear the experts views like DH and Sea the Stars.

beer baron

Come on Dh i'm waiting for you to pull a nice 12/1 or so shot out for us to win the guineas Saturday! No pressure :P  !

Donnellys Hollow

Both Guineas look like glorified Group 3s. Very disappointing fields. I'll be keeping my money in my pocket anyway. If you are having a bet, ignore the Newmarket form - particularly the 2000 Guineas. There was no second in that race. I'd love to see Dunboyne Express win for Kevin Prendergast. Wouldn't be keen on either Dubawi Gold or Roderic O'Connor.

I'm a big fan of Lolly For Dolly but she looks a skimpy enough price. If she does win it will shorten up the price on John Oxx's filly tomorrow in the 1000. Real pity that Workforce has ducked a clash with So You Think in the Tatts Gold Cup. That would have been a hell of a race. As likeable as Famous Name is, on the book he shouldn't get near the Aussie import.

Sole Power looks a decent e/w bet across at Haydock. Ran a cracker at Newmarket after disappointing in Dubai and there are enough doubts about the Hungarian horse and Kingsgate Native.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

8s will have to do you BB. Great to see a proper Irish trained sprinter because we haven't have one for a long while.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Good man Dh i only put a small few quid on e/w because i had already backed prohibit e/w,1st and a 3rd in the same race, if i got that every day i backed i'd be a rich man!

boojangles

Quote from: boojangles on May 19, 2011, 08:20:38 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on May 19, 2011, 07:12:37 PM

Together- IMO will take a lot of beating. Was told to back it today. Obviously would like to hear the experts views like DH and Sea the Stars.

16:15 Curragh
1    11. Misty For Me (15) 5/1 3 9 - 0 J A Heffernan
A P O'Brien

2  ¾  14. Together (2) 4/1 Fav 3 9 - 0 R L Moore
A P O'Brien

Stung, along with plenty others.  ::)

Moral of the story is.........

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

beer baron

Armaghgael

It has a good chance~ if that helps

Prob best to do it e/w around 7s atm

beer baron

Quote from: Armaghgael on May 23, 2011, 05:27:36 PM

Yeah sound job ill keep the bet to a few quid e/w,was gonna increase it if he had been set up for today and expected to hose up!Cheers hopefully comes in for us!

Armaghgael

Quote from: beer baron on May 23, 2011, 05:33:11 PM
Quote from: Armaghgael on May 23, 2011, 05:27:36 PM

Yeah sound job ill keep the bet to a few quid e/w,was gonna increase it if he had been set up for today and expected to hose up!Cheers hopefully comes in for us!

I have it in a treble so i hope it comes in for you and me!!

oakleafgael

Hopefully shes makes a full recovery, it was a horrible fall.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/miss-isabel-tompsett-leopold-david-thompson-peter-bowen-isabel-tompsett-remains-in-serious-condition-following-fall/860931/related/

ISABEL TOMPSETT remains in a serious condition following a terrible fall at Fakenham on Sunday that left her unconscious and unable to breathe.

Tompsett was initially taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, but was on Sunday night transferred to a neurology ward at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she is on a life-support machine.

Lisa Hancock, chief executive of the Injured Jockeys Fund said on Monday afternoon: "I spentsome time with Isabel's family in Addenbrooke's Hospital today and Isabel's condition is serious but stable. She remains unconscious and under sedation and, I believe, they hope to carry out further tests and x-rays later today.

"Her family travelled from various parts of Wales to Addenbrooke's late last night and it is obviously an extremely difficult time for them. We will continue to offer them as much support as we can and they, in turn, have been overwhelmed at the numerous messages they have received already.

"I understand that the treatment received at Fakenham Racecourse and the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital was quite excellent and it was fantastic that Peter Bowen was able to stay with Isabel until she was moved to Addenbrooke's and her family arrived.

"It is obviously going to be a long haul but we hope we might have some news in the next 24 hours."

Tompsett, 28, a highly regarded equine vetand crowned champion female amateur over jumps in the 2009-10 season, was thrown to the ground by hurdler Leopold in the early stages of a 2m4f handicap.

The ten-year-old, trained by David Thompson, then rolled on her and left her with injuries that medics began treating at the scene of the incident.

Numerous racing personalities, including jumps champions Tony McCoy and Paul Nicholls, have sent their best wishes to Tompsett through social network sites since Sunday's tragic incident.