The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

I'm loving Lovethehigherlaw!! ;D
My persistence with WP Mullins paid off finally.
But its time to desert him. Osana in the next.

sammymaguire

Go back and check my posts Aidan  :D  :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

This old thread has taken a bit of a turn!

Gutted Waaheb was just run out of it today. Hell of a horse for the future, both himself and Lovethehigherlaw. Cracking bumper horses compared to the shite we sent to Cheltenham this year. Great reception for Kauto Star from the Punchestown crowd which was great to hear but the old horse clearly isn't up to it anymore. Surely a deserved retirement awaits now?

All aboard the magic mare tomorrow. The Clane gang should be out in force to cheer her home.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Don Johnson

Quevega and Captain Chris double for my holiday money today!

TacadoirArdMhacha

I've opposed Quevega. Stan James offering 11/2 about Mourad with 1/4 for first three places. Hard to see him being out of the first 3 so that's where my money has gone.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Don Johnson

I got the two of them at evens first thing this morning.

Best prices on Oddschecker at the minute are Quevega 10/11 and Captain Chris 1/1.

Who's gonna beat Quevega?

Brick Tamlin

Voler La Vedette for me in the big race. Beauty of a horse.

beer baron

Quevega seems to be a bit of a mutant but i'll not be backing at a shade of odds on,probbably is the fair price but i don't have the money to back something at that price at the minute.Rigour back bob  will by my e/w punt for interest,5th in the world hurdle after running into a bit of trouble in the turn for home and ended up only about a length behind Mourad who's second favourite  :o I expected 14/1 or so but only 10/1 on paddy power but still well worth an e/w punt!

Donnellys Hollow

The last few days must have really knocked lads confidence if ye're all taking on Quevega. I think she should be 2/5 against this lot. Sure she beat most of them pointless in last year's race off the back of a less impressive win at Cheltenham?

Anyways, I'm off to the track. Enjoy it lads!

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

"Buying money" Ted Walsh calls taking odds-on. He was in great form yesterday. Natal was acting the maggot and unshipped Davy Russell on the way out. "A right b a s t a r d" was how Ted described him (the horse, not Davy). "Maybe the tongue tie is upsetting him", ventured Robert. "No - he's just a right pup", insisted Ted.

Davy was handed back his whip. "I know what he'd like to do with it", says Ted, "but you wouldn't get away with that nowadays. Ya can't even talk loud to a horse now or you might upset somebody".

This is the kind of plain talking we need in GAA sport, instead of all the meek "I suppose"-ing. I'd love to hear Canning saying "Galvin is acting the pup, pulling Mickey Burke's hair. He's a right b a s t a r d".

Kerry Mike

Quote"I suppose"-ing. I'd love to hear Canning saying "Galvin is acting the pup, pulling Mickey Burke's hair. He's a right b a s t a r d".

given its a horsey thread he would only be checking he had all his own teeth!!  You would not blame anyone for excess use of the whip on Eoin Cadagan either, given the opportunity ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

boojangles

Quote from: Hardy on May 05, 2011, 03:34:06 PM
"Buying money" Ted Walsh calls taking odds-on. He was in great form yesterday. Natal was acting the maggot and unshipped Davy Russell on the way out. "A right b a s t a r d" was how Ted described him (the horse, not Davy). "Maybe the tongue tie is upsetting him", ventured Robert. "No - he's just a right pup", insisted Ted.

Davy was handed back his whip. "I know what he'd like to do with it", says Ted, "but you wouldn't get away with that nowadays. Ya can't even talk loud to a horse now or you might upset somebody".

This is the kind of plain talking we need in GAA sport, instead of all the meek "I suppose"-ing. I'd love to hear Canning saying "Galvin is acting the pup, pulling Mickey Burke's hair. He's a right b a s t a r d".

:D :D :D

Don Johnson

Small scare at the last but she is a money maker.

Could have easily had the forecast too, £5.22 it paid.

Now for Captain Chris.

Results picking up a bit today bar the first.

Mayo4Sam

Which horse fell in the 6.05?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!