The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on April 23, 2011, 01:01:49 PM
Stats selections for the Bet365 Gold Cup today (Sandown 3:10):

Poker De Sivola (Strongest) 10/1 (13 Betfair)
Can't Buy Time 14/1 (18.5)
Iris De Balme 66/1 (110)

Incredible riding performance from Timmy Murphy
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

WaterBoy

Iris De Balme 66/1 (110)

Good man Hardy!
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

The Worker

Great race!

Poker DS came from nowhere there! thought it was gonna pull up early on

Mac hinery

Iris De Balme 66/1 (110)

Thanks Hardy

the greatest jockey

early picks for tomorrow,
sicilan secret- not if too short
our girl salley- risk that ground is too firm but think might be too classy
martin scruff-  had a couple of seconds,  stil handicapped v well
mikael d'haguenet- one last chance
ballymak- about twenty pounds in hand, probably short enough

cork
roberto goldback- should be too good

Donnellys Hollow

11/4 Our Girl Salley looks very generous. Ground is a slight concern but plenty of Carroll House's progeny have acted ok on quicker going in the past. I'm willing to take a chance at those odds.

Wouldn't even consider having another bet on the card. They seem to have lost the plot completely with Mikael D'Haguenet and I have reservations about both Realt Dubh and Noble Prince.

I'd favour Let Yourself Go over Roberto Goldback down at Mallow but I'd only have an interest if I was getting a decent price.

Muzz

Quote from: the greatest jockey on April 19, 2011, 08:19:16 PM
interested in your veiws dh for the powers gold cup on sunday, very interested in thegreatjohnbrowne. his form beofre christmas was top class beating tharwaaat and bosons angel with ease yet noel meade says he needs soft ground. but on looking at his form his best runs to me seem to have come on decent ground

Take it Meade has not decided to run him with Realt Dubh.  No one fancying Noble Prince? Ran woeful last day out and McCoy has had better days...

Think I'll give him a chance.

beer baron

Traffic article e/w and if dantes king runs he's good e/w,wont be running him if the grounds not in his favour,dont think theyre deciding til after the 1st  ;)

beer baron

Both running in the same race!Disaster,think ill go for dante if he runs!Dont get carried away if he looks like he has everyones goose cooked turning for home-he finds f**k all from what ive seen off him-both times at short prices!

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 23, 2011, 06:53:46 PM
They seem to have lost the plot completely with Mikael D'Haguenet and I have reservations about both Realt Dubh and Noble Prince.

Stats-wise (though the trends wouldn't be that strong overall) MD and NP don't come out that well either. Mr. Cracker is the top box ticker, with Realt Dubh at number two. Mr Cracker has performed in all going as well, so the ground shouldn't bother him at all.

the greatest jockey

after todays 'great' selections, tomorrow ill go for;

blackstairmountain, son amix ew
prima vista ew
simonsig nap
sadlers storm, quiscover fontaine
torphichen
for bill

Mickey Linden

The Irish Grand National is getting beyond a joke. Even att his stage ont he day of the big race the punters arent sure if the favourite will run. Surely there should be a final declaration a day before the race!

the greatest jockey

two winners and four placed from eight isnt bad!

Oak Leafer

Been given 2 today.

4.55 Twinlight (Ruby on board for Mullins)

5.00 Mr Maximus

Do what you will.

Donnellys Hollow

Carnage at the second last at Fairyhouse - winner looked well held. Doubt punters will be complaining though.

Looking forward to seeing Last Instalment in the next. Ground should be slow enough for him.