Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

maximus

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Glad I took your advice Minder and Baron Cheers!

beer baron

Quote from: maximus on April 10, 2011, 03:38:41 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If only gambling was always this easy!

Minder

Quote from: beer baron on April 10, 2011, 05:42:48 PM
Quote from: maximus on April 10, 2011, 03:38:41 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If only gambling was always this easy!

They havent paid out yet !

Edit - they have now  ;D.

Cheers Beer Baron for the heads up.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 09, 2011, 10:32:46 PM
Peter Toole who was previously based with Tom Taaffe in Ardclough is in a critical condition in a Liverpool hospital tonight after a fall from Classic Fly in the novice chase today.

It sounds very bad according to Des Cahill this morning. He had bleeding in his brain and has been put into a coma by the doctors. It was a frightening fall. Every time you see something like that, you wonder again why and how these lads do it, when you think of what a horse could do to you if he fell on top of you, galloped over you or caught you a kick in the head or stomach.

winsamsoon

Was over at Aintree for the weekend there lads almighty craic. Got the first three winners and lumped it all on all the horses to get over the first fence @5/2 one bastid couldn't get the landing gear out ;) but all in all weather was grand and ladies where a treat. I also had the unbelievable luck of having no hangovers. Pockets are lighter but sure it's all part of the fun.

On a more serious note that lad Toole got a bad looking fall, just hoping he comes out of the critical condition he is in at the moment .
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

bcarrier

Matt O'Connor made a recovery from an induced coma in 2009 so fingers crossed Peter Toole can pull though.

Jockeys understand the risks  but in general get only very average reward. They are as hard and brave as any sportsmen and deserve better than they get. 

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on April 11, 2011, 10:07:53 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 09, 2011, 10:32:46 PM
Peter Toole who was previously based with Tom Taaffe in Ardclough is in a critical condition in a Liverpool hospital tonight after a fall from Classic Fly in the novice chase today.

It sounds very bad according to Des Cahill this morning. He had bleeding in his brain and has been put into a coma by the doctors. It was a frightening fall. Every time you see something like that, you wonder again why and how these lads do it, when you think of what a horse could do to you if he fell on top of you, galloped over you or caught you a kick in the head or stomach.

This news following so soon after Jack Tyner's death makes you question whether the NH game is really worth it. Must be very hard for his family and friends back in Dunshaughlin to be dealing with this.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Declan

QuoteMust be very hard for his family and friends back in Dunshaughlin to be dealing with this

Was speaking to a few of them last night - Very hard time for them. Hopefully he'll pull through

Donnellys Hollow

The RP are reporting that he woke from the coma overnight but has now been placed back under. Yesterday's CT scan came back negative.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

winsamsoon

Keep playing for the lad, hopefully he will pull through.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Hardy

Charlie Mann (trainer - Peter's boss) was interviewed on the John Murray show this morning. He said the CAT scan yesterday was negative - presumably meaning showing nothing dangerous and that while the outcome is uncertain, it seems more hopeful.

beer baron

Got word for Mulvaneys horses in 1st 2 races at tipp tonight,tough as nails and one of three,new source so i won't be going mad,make what you will....... :-\