The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 15, 2011, 08:18:19 AM
Does anyone have link to live stream of racing uk? I know someone posted the link last year. I waslooking for it but couldnt find it.

That may have been Betfair's live video - no longer available.

The best bet is racinguk.com but it's a subscription service - £10/month.

There are a few unofficial streaming sites here:
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=108853&part=sports

boojangles

Dunraven Storm ew
Medermit
Sunnyhillboy
Peddlers Cross
L'ami
Quevega
Definity

Best of luck to all.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I know I shouldn't dignify him with a response but pathetic comments from McCririck there.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

maddog

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2011, 12:26:50 AM
Gibb River e.w.
Finian's Rainbow
2:40 - keeping the hands in the pockets
Hurricane Fly
L'Ami
Quevega
5:15 - see 2:40

I know you are a great man for the stats Hardy so to help you out in the 2.40

Aged 7 to 10 (10 out of 10)
Carried no more than 10st 12lb (10 out of 10)
Officially rated 129-143 (10 out of 10)
Won over at least 3 miles (9 out of 10)
Finished 1st 2nd or 3rd on either or both of last 2 starts (9 out of 10)
Top four finish last time out (9 out of 10)
No more than 11 runs over fences (8 out of 10)
Ran no more than 4 times that season (7 out of 10)

3 of the last 7 have been novices but previously had a terrible record.

boojangles

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 15, 2011, 09:11:43 AM
I know I shouldn't dignify him with a response but pathetic comments from McCririck there.

?????

Must have missed that.

GaillimhIarthair

2.40      Reve De Sivola   9/1        e/w
3.20      Peddlers Cross  4/1        win
5.15      Divers               8/1        e/w

Quevega will probably win the 4.40 but will be no price; probably go off evens or worse.

An Enda Bolger trained horse will more than likely win the 4.00 race.  He has 4 runners in the race but it is probably between either Garde Champetre (5/1) and Lami (7/1).

I shall be keeping my hands in my pockets for the rest of the card!  Its only Tue!!

Oak Leafer

Maddog,

Where do you access the stats for individual races?

Joxer

E/W Lucky 15

1.30 Sprint Sarce 9/1
2.05 Captain Chris 9/1
3.20 Hurricane Fly 4/1
5.15 Definitiy 8/1

E/W Double

Bensalem 5/1
Maljimar 8/1

Radda bout yeee

Is there any value in keeping an eye on oddschecker just before each race to see whose showing positive and negatives on all the betting exchanges when they're going down and betting accordingly?

maddog

Quote from: Oak Leafer on March 15, 2011, 10:12:48 AM
Maddog,

Where do you access the stats for individual races?

Racing Post Cheltenham Festival Guide - hopefully a tenner well spent

RGU08

Went for Lucky 15 50p

1.30 - Spirit Son
3.20 - Hurricane Fly
4.40 - La Vecchia Scuola
5.15 - Quantitativeeasing

£2.50 Double

2.05 - Realt Dubh
2.40 - No Panic

winsamsoon

well Radda market moves can occur at anytime and can be based on good sound knowledge but the majority of the time they are based on opinions an example being the ground or how a horse looks in the paddock. The majority of these horse that are running in the bigger races should be at the top of their game coming into today so it will be up to the individual punters to make theri mind up and place the money. A horse not eating up overnight is enough to sway a betting ring, once someone gtes wind of this the horse will drift in the market. You also have to take into account the journey especially the Irish horses but all these factors could lead to last minute market movement. The key is getting the right information before betting and only sometimes betting exchanges reflect this.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 15, 2011, 11:10:30 AM
well Radda market moves can occur at anytime and can be based on good sound knowledge but the majority of the time they are based on opinions an example being the ground or how a horse looks in the paddock. The majority of these horse that are running in the bigger races should be at the top of their game coming into today so it will be up to the individual punters to make theri mind up and place the money. A horse not eating up overnight is enough to sway a betting ring, once someone gtes wind of this the horse will drift in the market. You also have to take into account the journey especially the Irish horses but all these factors could lead to last minute market movement. The key is getting the right information before betting and only sometimes betting exchanges reflect this.

Thanks winsamsoon. Was just thinking it could be a useful tool to back a long shot for an each way bet - haven't tried dong this before!

On another note should we set up a new thread for just people to pick winners each day to see who does best!!! Your man stiffler picked the most winners in 2009 and i'm sick of his slabbering!!!  ::)

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

the greatest jockey

cue card
finian's
bensalem
hurricane
garde
quevega
tharawaat-on borrowed wings