beer baron

Ruby expectd back end of the month!

armagho9

my bet for today was an each way double on:

Prince Tom @ 14-1   3pm Sandown
Theatrical Moment @ 13-2   3.35 Sandown

Abble

question re: telextext  and ante-post prices

all you punters - my dad likes his horseracing and liked getting on to the channel 4 teletext for his ante-post betting and all that. there must've been some change across teletext services as he cant find his ante-post pricing anywhere now....is it on there anywhere do yis know ?

Donnellys Hollow

Doesn't look too positive for racing going ahead tomorrow. Pity, because it's a fine card.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 05, 2011, 08:24:02 PM
Doesn't look too positive for racing going ahead tomorrow. Pity, because it's a fine card.

Confirmed now,no Leopardstown  :'(

bridge fan

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bridge fan on February 06, 2011, 06:11:14 PM
refixed for next sat

Hats off for getting the whole meeting rescheduled so quickly but did they have to go messing with the calendar so much as a result. I'm sure no one would have been too put out if Gowran was brought forward to Friday instead of moved back a whole week. I'd be seriously pissed off if I planned on running a Cheltenham hopeful in either of the Red Mills trials. This could throw plans for the likes of Dunguib and Tranquil Sea way out of kilter.

thewobbler

These are recessionary times DH. The big fixtures and the big sponsors are what's keeping the head above water. It's not in horse racing's interests to be fair and just.

AZOffaly

Lads, did ye see the viral from Newcastlewest (Castletown) there from 1994, it's a donkey derby and is very funny. Apparently the young jockey is Billy Lee, who's a pro jockey now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtVm8z28e4&feature=player_detailpage

Donnellys Hollow

The young lad is Billy Lee alright. That Percy looks like more of a handful than anything he'd be riding for Tommy Stack these days!

Quote from: thewobbler on February 06, 2011, 10:28:40 PM
These are recessionary times DH. The big fixtures and the big sponsors are what's keeping the head above water. It's not in horse racing's interests to be fair and just.

In no way am I saying that the Leopardstown meeting shouldn't take precedance but moving Gowran back a week doesn't make much sense. I've been down to the Red Mills meeting a few times and they'd get as much of a crowd by bringing it forward to Friday than they would by moving it to Saturday week. Both of the trials are Grade 2s worth 40 grand to the winner. They're very important races in their own right. It's probable that both races will have more of an effect on the Cheltenham antepost markets than the Hennessy itself will.

Donnellys Hollow

Robert Tyner's only son Jack died this morning at Cork University Hospital from injuries he suffered after taking a fall at a point-to-point at Dungarvan last week.

Tragic for this to happen to such good racing people like the Tyners. It highlights again how lethal the sport is and the bravery of all the lads and lasses that partake should be commended.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Hardy

That's awful news. These are among the toughest sportsmen in the world. Best wishes to his family.

Lecale2

TacadoirArdMhacha

Terrible to hear. RIP.

Really makes you think about how pathetic the oft-heard sentiments that "Such and Such jockey is a stupid ****" really are coming from a person whose lost a few quid on a race.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

beer baron

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 07, 2011, 01:26:40 PM
Terrible to hear. RIP.

Really makes you think about how pathetic the oft-heard sentiments that "Such and Such jockey is a stupid ****" really are coming from a person whose lost a few quid on a race.

Rip Jack!
Totally agree Tac,even though i do complain about jockeys the odd time myself but they really do put their lives on the line and all credit to them!