The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the greatest jockey

Quote from: Sea The Stars on January 15, 2011, 09:47:20 PM

On the point of the three week delay, your argument is not too succinctly made.

Insult my wordsiness then..haha

rubi light made it difficult enough for golden silver then, mullins thinks he could be a ryanair horse, hasnt performed at all well at cheltenham before but seems to have improved this season

Donnellys Hollow

Townend thinks they've been riding Golden Silver wrong at Cheltenham. He reckons the horse is much better held up and that they've been making far too much use of him over in England where they go like sh1t off a shovel up front with brainless muppets like Tom Scudamore always forcing a suicidal pace. It'll be interesting to see if those tactics pay off because he proved at Punchestown that he's far from a mud lark and he can handle good ground. I think he's a solid wager at 16s for the Ryanair. Mullins holds a very strong hand with J'y Vole a likely runner as well.

As for the Kauto Star story today, Nicholls is full of sh1t as always. Before the race he was harping on to anyone who'd listen about how Clifford Baker thought the horse was better than ever. Post-race the horse has lost some of its speed and he's not getting any younger. He always has a littany of excuses when one of his better horses gets beaten. He never seems to just take it on the chin and move on. Every time the man farts between now and Cheltenham the Racing Post will run a four page spread on it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Been told to be with Penny Max in the 2.05 was 11/4 a little earlier

pure mucky dog shite  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

118cmal

Any fancies today?  Magic of the sea won quite easily last time out so I'll have a few quid on that in the 3.50 i think.

Donnellys Hollow

Big gamble on Pipe's in the bumper at Taunton

118cmal

Which one  ???

He has three in it.

Donnellys Hollow

Only has one down the bottom - Bathwick Brave.

I'm not one for backing big on unraced bumper horses but he gets all the allowances as a 4yo and wouldn't have to be anything special to win this race. Old man Pipe used to always bring out his good young horses at Taunton. Added bonus of Johnny Farrelly on board with Scudamore sidelined at the moment.

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 20, 2011, 12:36:34 PM
Big gamble on Pipe's in the bumper at Taunton

Well spotted Dh.I'll chance it!

118cmal

Might do Moore's each way in the 13.30

beer baron

Bit of word going about town for orpens peach!Might be worth small e/w bet

Joxer

Quote from: beer baron on January 20, 2011, 03:16:36 PM

You wee beauty Beer Baron!! 

12-1 Winner!  10 E/W on it!!

Edit:  Duly Ammended!  ;D

beer baron

Quote from: Joxer on January 20, 2011, 05:09:02 PM
Quote from: beer baron on January 20, 2011, 03:16:36 PM

You wee beauty Beer Bacon!! 

12-1 Winner!  10 E/W on it!!

I give ya a winning tip and you call me bacon!What would you call me if it lost  :P

beer baron

orpens peach down to run again today at wolvs 4.35

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on January 21, 2011, 10:52:32 AM
orpens peach down to run again today at wolvs 4.35

Fair play on the tip yesterday, didnt get it in time unfortunately.
It wil hardly run again today??

Up The Middle

Off cousre it won, you know why, cause i didnt f**king back it. ???

Have to say i take a look at this page regularly and it amazes me how much Baron and Donnellys know about horses and racing, it really is a science, as opposed to clowns like me who couldnt pick their nose.

Keep the tips coming lads.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.