The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: 118cmal on January 02, 2011, 07:58:36 PM
Anyone any fancies for tomorrow?  Dh I'm looking at you  :D

Poor enough fare tomorrow.

Charlie Swan's horse should win the bumper but will be too short with Nina up. Duc De Savoie and Prince Chaparral will be two of the better flat recruits to go hurdling. DK's horse should have more gears.

I wouldn't want to risk my hard earned on either though.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Charles Byrnes has reiterated that Weapons Amnesty won't run this season.

Time to get on for Cheltenham so!  ;)

118cmal

Which race will he be in DH?  Why is this a good sign?  Sorry not really that knowledgable about horses.  Love watching and the odd dabble though

the greatest jockey

gold cup, whatever byrnes says in press relases about his horses often means the exact opposite

beer baron

Quote from: 118cmal on January 04, 2011, 04:51:18 PM
Which race will he be in DH?  Why is this a good sign?  Sorry not really that knowledgable about horses.  Love watching and the odd dabble though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uescVkEFvs Watch this and listen to what ruby has to say about Solwhit (a byrnes horse) should tell you all you need to know!

TacadoirArdMhacha

I see Ladbrokes have gone NRNB for Cheltenham. The 4/1 about Hurricane Fly could look big by race day.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

beer baron

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 04, 2011, 11:53:53 PM
I see Ladbrokes have gone NRNB for Cheltenham. The 4/1 about Hurricane Fly could look big by race day.

Jaysus that does sound tempting!

Hardy

Quote from: beer baron on January 04, 2011, 11:59:33 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 04, 2011, 11:53:53 PM

Jaysus that does sound tempting!

A trading opportunity with half the non-run risk removed.

Donnellys Hollow

I think I read somewhere that Ladbrokes offer is subject to a Rule 4 should any of the fancied runners not turn up?

They also don't have their prices up on Oddschecker anymore which is a pain.

Hardy

Stats suggest the winner of tomorrow's Welsh National would come from Maktu, Dance Island and Watamu Bay. Dance Island ticks more of the boxes. I've dutched the three of them, with a little extra on Dance Island.

Joxer

See a 1-10 shot was turned over by a 25-1 outsider in  the 2.40 @ Lingfield!

:o :o :o

beer baron

Quote from: Joxer on January 07, 2011, 03:15:32 PM
See a 1-10 shot was turned over by a 25-1 outsider in  the 2.40 @ Lingfield!

:o :o :o

It sure was-georgie baker on the winner and all!Had 2 big ones on it!Small bet always win! ;D

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on January 07, 2011, 12:38:30 PM
Stats suggest the winner of tomorrow's Welsh National would come from Maktu, Dance Island and Watamu Bay. Dance Island ticks more of the boxes. I've dutched the three of them, with a little extra on Dance Island.

Any view on the MCR Hurdle on Sunday Hardy?

Hardy

I didn't see any stats for it, DH and I don't think I'll have time to do my own between now and then. I assembled the Welsh National stats from a site I subscribe to that had already done the donkey work, with a little added interpretation of my own. I'm planning to put together a portfolio of stats for major races, but I haven't made much progress yet.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on January 07, 2011, 06:39:01 PM
I didn't see any stats for it, DH and I don't think I'll have time to do my own between now and then. I assembled the Welsh National stats from a site I subscribe to that had already done the donkey work, with a little added interpretation of my own. I'm planning to put together a portfolio of stats for major races, but I haven't made much progress yet.

Good luck with it.

That muppet of a handicapper over in England might make life difficult for you though. The Aintree National stats have been turned on their head the past two years because of the stupid way he frames the weights.