The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

well done to emmet butterly today in linfield 50s into 11/4 and wins easy

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bridge fan on November 30, 2010, 11:04:01 PM
well done to emmet butterly today in linfield 50s into 11/4 and wins easy

Great little rider a few years ago when he was with Halford and Meade. Thought he was destined for great things.

Good to see him making a decent fist of the training game. He must be in his early 20s only?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

BennyHarp

Have any of you lads done "the jumps" in William Hill and the Mirror? Picked my stable on Saturday and just registered online tonight, should be a bit of interest over next few months
That was never a square ball!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 30, 2010, 11:35:32 PM
Have any of you lads done "the jumps" in William Hill and the Mirror? Picked my stable on Saturday and just registered online tonight, should be a bit of interest over next few months

Had a look at it there. Whoever researched their list has had a shocker. An Cathaoir Mór, Citizen Vic, Fionnegas, Me Voici, Schindlers Hunt and Tell Massini are all gone to horsey heaven.

BennyHarp

To be fair to the bloke in William Hill he pointed most of those horses out to me on Saturday! Suppose it's part of the skill involved - don't pick a dead horse!
That was never a square ball!!

Donnellys Hollow

No chance of the John Durkan going ahead this weekend I'd say. Looks like the Tingle Creek won't be on either.

vav

What do ye reckon the odds are of Dundalk getting cancelled on Friday night?

I know it's an all weather track but I'm secretly hoping with the hazardous road conditions it'll be cancelled so I can have the night off!!

118cmal

Any fancies today lads?  Nothing sticking out for me at all

Joxer

MacTiernan in the 3.30 at Dundalk.  Great Each Way shot at least at 7/1.

Also like the price on Major Vicotry in the 3.20 at Kempton.  Again E/W at 16's

Louth Exile

And the snow covered Cooley Mountains in the background  :)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Stats say the winner of today's listed handicap at Cheltenham (2:25) should come from Faasel, Midnight Chase, Horner Woods, Knockara Beau and Beat the Boys. I'm going with Faasel at 11 on Betfair, with small each ways on Knockara Beau and Beat the Boys at 21/22.

thewobbler

Stats is stats Hardy, but if Neptune Collonges is fit and well he'd carry them all around his back.

Donnellys Hollow

I've never forgiven Faasel for throwing away the 2005 Triumph Hurdle. I'd followed him since he beat the mighty Alexander Goldrun in a nursery at Listowel and I had a big antepost bet on him at a huge price for Cheltenham. I was already counting my winnings as he jumped the last flight.  :'(

Great to have proper racing back. I'll give Reve De Sivola another chance in the first w/o the fav. Have a feeling the trip will be too short for Al Ferof in the last so I'll be looking at Henderson's horse. Magnier gave him a shocker at the Curragh so I wouldn't read too much into that form.

Joxer

Dundalk Tonight:

Casela Park great E/W value at 8/1 in the 8.00

Mark Johnstons horse Herostatus in the last currently and 5/2 with the only real danger in the race coming from Redera and Dark Prospect  IMO

Donnellys Hollow