The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

meade having a good day alright   ;D ;D ;D solwhit well impressive
Bishops Walk meant 2 be a machine in the bumper joe smooth was well backed on his debut but im hearing that bishops beat him by 10 lenghts in a schooling bumper a lot off money went on it this morning

TacadoirArdMhacha

When is Dunguib expected to make his seasonal re-appearance?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Irish Champion Hurdle in January probably.

I'd love to see him tried over fences. The Arkle market looks very lifeless at the moment and maybe Dunguib will respect the bigger obstacles a bit more than he does his hurdles. The Arkle might not take much winning - the fact that both Celestial Halo and Medermit are still as short as 12/1 says it all.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 14, 2010, 09:52:13 AM
Oscars Well ran well on it's debut lto so should come on well in the 3.25 today

Didn't disappoint  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hardy

Quote from: beer baron on November 14, 2010, 02:17:08 PM
I rang in tharawaat e/w there,thought there were 6 horses running,then noticed only 5.He finished second,anyone know whats the story there will i get paid for the place or did it all go on the win because there were only 5?

5,6 or 7 runners, second is placed.

vav

Each Way Betting Terms

4 or less runners - win only
5-7 runners pays 1, 2 @ quarter odds
8+ runners on non-handicap race pays 1, 2, 3 @ fifth odds
8-11 runners on a handicap race pays 1, 2, 3 @ fifth odds
12-15 runners on a handicap race pays 1, 2, 3 @ quarter odds
16+ runners on a handicap race pays 1, 2, 3, 4 @ quarter odds

beer baron

Cheers lads,for some reason i had thought there needed to be 6 runners but not so bad,small profit  :)

twotwocharlie

Check out www.winonehundredthousand.ie for a good bet.
Great value for 20 stg/euro

Donnellys Hollow

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 14, 2010, 10:43:40 PM
Quote from: twotwocharlie on November 14, 2010, 09:05:50 PM
Check out www.winonehundredthousand.ie for a good bet.
Great value for 20 stg/euro

When's it running?

The stable's in bad form having been restricted to Grade 2 competition in recent years while their more illustrious neighbours focus on the major prizes. Hardly a progressive sort.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Joxer

I see Johnny Murtagh is going to be riding all the Aga Khan horses next year.  So that will be any horses  trained by John Oxx and Mick Halford.

Will be as strong as ever so.

Donnellys Hollow

He must be planning on sending a few proper yearlings over so. For the past few years it seemed like Du Royer Dupre was getting all his best stock. Oxx's record with his horses is fantastic - Sinndar, Alamshar, Azamour. Halford is a man on the up as Sheikh's Mohammed's patronage shows.

Big blow for Fran Berry. He might be tempted by Coolmore now. Oxx could split his string between Johnny and Ben Curtis who looks a great rider in the making.

the greatest jockey

quel esprit and torpichen out in a begunners chase at limerick tomorrow, fancy quel esprit for the rsa or the new jewson chase later in the year, still have to be wary of mullins horses, zaidpour and blazing tempo were having their first runs for wmullins, slightly different to the rest of his cahrges who have been running poorly

Donnellys Hollow

I'd be very surprised if Torphicen was good enough to beat Quel Esprit no matter how forward he is. Quel Esprit was the one horse the Mullins' were looking most forward to last year. Patrick though he was a good thing for the Neptune. He has to repair his reputation after his run in the 3 miler but with hindsight, I think Willie will feel he shouldn't have let him run after his fall on the Wednesday. He's a far better animal than his hurdles mark suggests (1lb inferior to Torphicen). Torphicen is a flat bred and I personally like to avoid them over fences.

I reckon Zagman is the one horse to be on tomorrow. I put him up here e/w at a big price at Punchestown a few weeks back but like all good e/w bets, he came fourth. He ran very free that day so you'd assume he'll be better for that experience. I'd say Russell will be keen to get a bit of cover and he won't hit the front too soon.

illdecide

I done Zagman DH and TBH with 2-3 out i thought he was cruising and a cert to win. However, it didn't win and gave a very unusual run in...what did you make of the last furlong? I'm not that big into the horses and you guys are the experts but i just got the feeling the jockey was holding it back...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch