The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Lecale2

Donnellys Hollow

I'm leaving the Cheltenham card alone even though I think a lot of a few horses that will be running. The ground looked to have deteriorated a lot today as all the finishes were in slow motion and plenty of horses were coming home legless. I think there could be a few form horses turned over.

The Punchestown card is top class. Noble Prince should win the Craddocktsown from Realt Dubh but I wouldn't be too keen on him at short odds. I'm not a huge fan of flat bred geldings over fences and I've a feeling that Paul Carberry, who won't be on board tomorrow, made him look a bit better than he actually is the last day. I was very impressed with Thegreatjohnbrowne on his last run (Magnanimity franked the form today) and I'll take him to go in again in the Florida Pearl Chase. He's a huge imposing horse who disappointed over hurdles but I think he's had a wind-op over the summer and chasing looks like it'll be the making of him. Healys Bar has some very good form but he's clearly difficult to win with and I'd be surprised if he turns over Meade's horse.

Solwhit for me is a good thing in the Morgiana. Charles Byrnes is saying he'll need the run but if Charles Byrnes told me the sky was blue I'd look out the window to double check. This horse won the November Handicap first time out two years ago and won this race (beating the mighty Hurricane Fly) last year. Murphy's mare is very useful on her day but she'll have to produce a career best to beat Solwhit.

the greatest jockey

do you frequent the betfair forums dh, i read a very similar comment about charles byrnes the other day, altho that might jus tell us what we need to know baout cvb. for me tomorrow - capt chris, padydeplasterer and  a very sneaky ew on fiulin.
in the 2m4f novice hurdle thought one cool tornado was a good shout at 8/1 but is now 6/1, drumfire at 5/1 interests with his previous conquerer macville franking the form slamming aracuria and oilily at down royal last week.

at punchestown sweet my lord in the first if theres any market support, most but not all of willie mullins' have needed a run this season, ill wait to see the prices on noble prince and realt dubh, if theres no great disparity ill be on noble prince, gates of rome could go close at a big price. thegreatjohnbrownes form his last win has been franked several times-magnaminity, bostons angel

if solwhit does need the run should sublimity really be 12/1, doesnt like bad ground but thats all hes been running on for teh past few seasons, voler la vedette is no value at 9/4, dont know how shes shorter than donnas palm

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: the greatest jockey on November 13, 2010, 10:59:58 PM
do you frequent the betfair forums dh, i read a very similar comment about charles byrnes the other day, altho that might jus tell us what we need to know baout cvb.

I'm banned!  ;D

I'd be wary of Drumfire. Classy on the level but seems to be a very difficult ride. It looks a desperate race for a Grade 2 though.

Willie Mullins' horses seem like they've been coming right over the past few days. Blazing Tempo won a very competitive mares chase at Clonmel and Zaidpour was punted off the boards and bolted up today. I think he could be very good - 98 on the flat and a half brother to Zaynar.

sammymaguire

Oscars Well ran well on it's debut lto so should come on well in the 3.25 today
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

118cmal

Realtdubh and Thegreatjohnbrowne both won handy enough.  The greatjohnbrowne looked very impressive.  Waiting on solwhit now for the treble!

Donnellys Hollow

Thegreatjohnbrowne looks a proper horse. Jumped like a stag. I'm not sure Noble Prince would have beaten Realt Dubh had he ran either. Good day so far for Meade.

Two reversals at Cheltenham so far - happy enough I didn't get involved. Forpadydeplasterer has some bout of seconditis.

boojangles

ThegreatJohnBrowne looks a fine prospect, a great jumper. Had it doubled with ForPaddydplasterer. My patience is wearing thin with it. 2nd again. I always back it but its hard to keep the faith.

Lucky enough I had a feeling for Ghizao in the previous race. Got 15-2 on a Paul Nicholls horse, was delighted ;D Timmy gave it a very positive ride.
I think Menorah looks great EW value at 11-2 in the Greatwood.

beer baron

I rang in tharawaat e/w there,thought there were 6 horses running,then noticed only 5.He finished second,anyone know whats the story there will i get paid for the place or did it all go on the win because there were only 5?

Lecale2

Another nice double there DH. You're on a roll!

118cmal

Yeah Cheers DH.  It was your comments that led me to do the realtduch, thegreatjohnbrowne and solwhit treble.  Keep 'em coming :)

Donnellys Hollow

A blind man could have picked that one. He should have been odds on on all known form - Donnas Palm and Voler La Vedette wouldn't get Hurricane Fly off the bridle.

boojangles

Menorah wins at 6-1. Surely must have the Champion hurdle in its sights now.

Donnellys Hollow

He had to win a handicap off that mark to have a chance in a Champion Hurdle. Hobbs is a master at laying them out for these big handicap hurdles. He'll have to step up into conditions company now but he looks progressive.

Binocular will have it much harder this year I feel. Solwhit and Go Native didn't give their running last year for several reasons and hopefully Hurricane Fly will finally make it to Cheltenham - surely it won't be third time unlucky? Peddlers Cross, Dunguib and Rite Of Passage other possibles - roll on March!