The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Joxer on November 04, 2010, 11:36:14 AM
Any fancies today DH?

Good enough card in Thurles.

The Jockeys championship for the Flat is becoming a real ding dong affair.  Making good viewing.

Keeping my powder dry for Down Royal and Navan at the weekend. Up Ou That is the class act on the card today but he's too short considering all of Mullins' string generally need a run.

I hope Hughesie pulls it off across the water. I've chatted to him a few times over at Cheltenham and he's a very sound, down to earth kind of bloke.

Quote from: beer baron on November 04, 2010, 12:24:15 PM
think it happened 4 or 5 years back with Seb Sanders and Jamie spencer sharing it!?

Spencer rode Inchnadamph to win the last race of the 2007 turf season to tie with Sanders.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

13aside

goin with a crowd to down royal on satuday  dh looking forward just to see one of the greats of our time in kauto star,flag up any fancies if you can early as plenty to do before going-many thanks and good luck!!

RealSpiritof98

Any news on the state of the course at Down Royal, it has tipped it down for 4 days solid down the road in Armagh, not heading up but was looking forward to catching it on the telly.

Magens star just hacked up in thurles there backed from 5s into 9/4, (somebody knew something)

bridge fan

pandorama will win on sat 3/1 at the moment with ladbrooks

Donnellys Hollow

Can't really spot a bet on tomorrow's card. I think Blackstairmountain is a better horse than Luska Lad over 2 miles (although LL beat BSM at Fairyhouse) but all of Mullins' are needing a run. Summit Meeting is very interesting getting all the weight and is worth a look in the market - trip may be sharp enough though. Might have a small reverse f/c on Araucaria and Oililly in the Mares Novice.

I'm a massive Pandorama fan and am on for the Hennessy and for Cheltenham at fancy prices already but I'm not sure he's a bet on Saturday. 2m4 is sharp enough for him and their calling the ground 'yielding' at the moment which probably won't be enough to bring out his undoubted stamina. He's also more suited to going left-handed and I'd be concerned that the likes of Osana and Roberto Goldback will do him for boot.

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 04, 2010, 03:42:20 PM
Magens star just hacked up in thurles there backed from 5s into 9/4, (somebody knew something)

Hard to believe she was that big a price at all considering she was rated 97 at one stage on the flat. Very easy to be wise after the event though.

beer baron

Been told Toner doudairies worth e/w bet in 1.05 down royal and roid du mee in the 3.05 worth e/w bet too!

swing-er-over

Thought there would be more chat on here about the breeders cup tbh. Zenyattas quest to become the greatest racehorse ever in the breeders cup classic, 19 wins in 19 starts, this will probably be her last race....

Donnellys Hollow

Not a lot of Irish interest in the Breeders Cup this year with Ballydoyle only sending over a handful. Midday and Goldikova would appear to be the best of the Europeans. I'd be less keen on Workforce - seems to me like he's a pure galloper and it takes him an age to get into top gear. If Moore doesn't get him at it down the back straight, I could see something doing him for boot.

I don't know a lot about the Yanks in the Classic. Quality Road would be dangerous if he got an easy lead in front. Blame would be another for the shortlist. Zenyatta - greatest racehorse ever? Arkle and Flyingbolt would ate her!

gerrykeegan

Quote from: beer baron on November 05, 2010, 12:50:27 PM
Been told Toner doudairies worth e/w bet in 1.05 down royal and roid du mee in the 3.05 worth e/w bet too!
Great start, now to invest the winnings
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Candyman

Quote from: beer baron on November 05, 2010, 12:50:27 PM

FFS!! Always miss these...

beer baron

Of course greedy hole here has only done the double so if the second comes nowhere i've nothing  :( But if he wins-the milky bars are on me!

Sea The Stars

Quote from: swing-er-over on November 05, 2010, 12:54:41 PM
Thought there would be more chat on here about the breeders cup tbh. Zenyattas quest to become the greatest racehorse ever in the breeders cup classic, 19 wins in 19 starts, this will probably be her last race....

Not even in the top 5 racehorses of the last 2 years, never mind best racehorse ever!

Fair play, she's being fairly well placed by Sheriffs, beating her own gender 18 times out of 19, sole race against the colts in last year's in sub-standard Classic. 16/18 on synthetic where quality opposition is thin enough even in that division too.

Think she might get shown up on the dirt tomorrow night in a much stronger field than last year. Track is riding fast and the likes of Haynesfield and Quality Road will be let loose on the lead. If it gets a bit looser on top, might play more in the hands of the stalkers and closers but Zenyatta isn't the only stretch runner here, Blame and Lookin At Lucky can turn it on too. QR for me, broke three track records in his career, and is a real clock-watcher's dream. Never forget the raving of James Willoughby after he won the Florida Derby, was been chalked up as a Secreteriat by a few too! This is his race.

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 05, 2010, 01:17:18 PM
Not a lot of Irish interest in the Breeders Cup this year with Ballydoyle only sending over a handful. Midday and Goldikova would appear to be the best of the Europeans. I'd be less keen on Workforce - seems to me like he's a pure galloper and it takes him an age to get into top gear. If Moore doesn't get him at it down the back straight, I could see something doing him for boot.

I don't know a lot about the Yanks in the Classic. Quality Road would be dangerous if he got an easy lead in front. Blame would be another for the shortlist. Zenyatta - greatest racehorse ever? Arkle and Flyingbolt would ate her!

Agree about Workforce but he looks a par above everything bar Bekhabad. The more conventional racetrack should swing it a bit more in favour of the French raider though, add in the dream run Workforce had in the Arc, and Bekhabad's luckless one and there's enough there to think he'll turn it around.

All over Red Desire in the Filly and Mare, can't be having Midday!!!

Family guy

Quote from: beer baron on November 05, 2010, 01:39:02 PM
Of course greedy hole here has only done the double so if the second comes nowhere i've nothing  :( But if he wins-the milky bars are on me!

Profit made anyway so not so bad

beer baron

Quote from: Family guy on November 05, 2010, 05:21:18 PM
Quote from: beer baron on November 05, 2010, 01:39:02 PM

Profit made anyway so not so bad

That my friend is very true!