The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

http://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2010/1028/mullinsp.html
Paddy Mullins RIP

Father of Tom, Willie and Tony.

He is best known for saddling the mare Dawn Run, the only horse to have won the Champion Hurdle (1984) and the Gold Cup (1986) at the Cheltenham Festival. First ever winner in 1953
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Great card at Naas tomorrow. I'm a massive Captain Cee Bee fan but I probably won't punt him tomorrow. Strictly on the book he should still beat Catch Me and Psycho giving them weight (can't see Paul Flynn's horse running on the likely ground). He'll probably need the run but hopefully he'll come out on top which he should do if he is a genuine Champion Chase contender.

I'll be having a decent e/w bet on White Star Line in the bumper. He was a good second to the very promising First Lieutenant in a maiden hurdle at Punchestown a few weeks ago and Dessie must fancy his chances of landing a staying bumper if he's sending him here instead of picking up a soft maiden hurdle somewhere. I don't know much about the girl that rides him but she did ride the winner of a bumper at Wexford last weekend. It's a decent bumper tomorrow - Conor O'Dwyer's horse has good form, Shark Hanlon's was second in the Land Rover in '09 but has a long absence to overcome and Noel Meade's string are flying. Should be some good value about White Star Line tomorrow morning so fingers crossed.

the Deel Rover

don't suppose any one had a few quid on this horse

200/1 shock Wetherby winner starts at 1000 on Betfair

Maoi Chinn Tire started at the maximum price on Betfair when winning on Friday afternoon.Racingbase Staff - 30 Oct 2010
Maoi Chinn Tire became the biggest priced winner in twenty years when he romped to success in the Weatherbys Bank Wensleydale Juvenile Hurde at Wetherby, defying odds of 200/1.

The Jennie Candish-trained gelding was sent off at 1000.00 on Betfair and perhaps even more remarkably, started the race at over 600/1 just to finish in the places.

The winner managed to get the better of some talented horses from the Paul Nicholls and Nicky Henderson yards and Candlish explained:  "I didn't expect that!

"He'd done nothing wrong at home and settled in brilliantly, but we obviously didn't know if he'd stay.

"He'd taken everything in his stride, so all credit to his previous connections.

"He went to Yogi Breisner for three days and he told us that he would be grand.

"His home work has been brilliant. We got him out of a claimer and obviously people don't like to lose horses, but that's the risk you run.

"Whether today is his Gold Cup or not, it doesn't matter."

Meanwhile, an equally thrilled winning owner Alan Baxter said: "I managed to back him at 300-1 so he has nearly won back the £7,000 we claimed him for!"

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Family guy

Aye backed him in a double,and wudnt ya know the even money horse lost  :P

The Worker

Anyone for Down Royal next week?

Will be good to see Kauto Star at the venue after missing out on last year

thewobbler

Quote from: Family guy on October 30, 2010, 10:27:55 AM
Aye backed him in a double,and wudnt ya know the even money horse lost  :P

So you doubled up a 200/1 shot with an EVS favourite.

Call me callous but I don't believe you.

13aside

heard there was some decent money made on mark johnsons' horse at dundalk last night,i think that is three wins for the yard at the louth track in recent weeks

beer baron

Quote from: 13aside on October 30, 2010, 01:02:35 PM
heard there was some decent money made on mark johnsons' horse at dundalk last night,i think that is three wins for the yard at the louth track in recent weeks

Backed it myself,got 11/2,went off 9/2 so doubt the bookies lost too much but i'm happy enough.English horses seem to be really well treated in handicaps over here lately!

sammymaguire

Some excellent racing on the jumps front today, could be a day for watching rather than punting with so many top horses coming out fresh but still, quite fancy The Tother One, Duc du Regniere, Capt Cee Bee, Sweeps Hill, Bluesea Cracker, Rigour Back Bob, Take The Breeze, Get Me Out Of Here... All lot decent win prices so might be a couple of Yankee's or lucky 15s today for interest sake
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

White Star Line being smashed into in the bumper. Managed to get on at only 100/30  :(

I thought the ground at Naas would be heavy after yesterday's torrential rain so it's surprising that the official description is soft. If there was any odds against or evs about CCB it would become very tempting.

Picture Editor in the Zetland at Newmarket is one to watch. Could be next year's Derby horse especially with both Casamento and Dubai Prince off to Godolphin.

Donnellys Hollow

Nice reappearance from the Captain. Jumping was very satisfactory. Still 14s with Ladbrokes for the Champion Chase which surprises me - no way should he be twice the price of Sizing Europe.

Having a cheeky e/w punt on Shinrock Paddy for the Stayers Hurdle. Very taken with him and I can't see any Irish trained horses beating him over 3 miles this side of March. Should be able to lay off to make a nice profit sometime after Christmas.

The Subbie

Any thoughts on the Melbourne cup? Weld has come out & said he doesn't have a hope,is that a signal to go hard on profound beauty?

Donnellys Hollow

She has a desperate draw out in the carpark. You'd think it wouldn't matter over a 2 mile trip but it does given the way they go like sh1t off a shovel from the stalls in Australia.

It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled her out if the ground was quick. She's too valuable for Moyglare to risk as one of the last Danehill mares.

The Subbie

The is soft,the Aussies are calling it "dead" pushed rain in Melbourne all weekend,might have a patriotic $20 on it