The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I went in to the bookies at lunch time to do a £20 double...Lush Life and Meath All star but didn't do it when i found out how bad their prices were :'(

Thought Lush life was about 5/2 after the Irish News NAP'ed to today and when you lads said to do Meath All star i thought get in there but the 8/15 price put me off...raging i am >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

boojangles

Quote from: armagho9 on March 12, 2010, 05:10:55 PM
Fair enough Hardy, did not see it but the way the commentator was talking he was causing me to panick a bit.

Ya must have been listening to the Timeform commentary. The commentator had me panicking anyway even though he was still 2 or 3 lengths ahead coming up to the line.

Catch the high ball

Watched that programme with Paul Nolan on BBC4 last night. It was a very good insight into the horses environment, thoroughly enjoyed it even though I missed the first half of it. Think its being shown on Monday night on RTE.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

haranguerer

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 12, 2010, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on March 12, 2010, 12:25:39 PM
A Wee treble for friday (all short price tips!)

Ayr  2.10   Nafaath
Leic 2.30   Picaroon
Win 3.45   Meath All Star

should pay 8/9to1

that was more like 3/1 or 5/2 but winners are winners

Sammys rippin... :D

Catch the high ball

Got the first leg of a £2.50 each way double up there. Banna Biorche in the first race at Dundalk, now waiting on Indian Wind in the 8.30 for 200 quid! Just done it out of interest as the two horses are owned by a fella that lives near by and said they would both have a decent shout. Indian Wind has the better chance he said!

Hardy

Catch the high ball

Cheers, Cheltenham fund is sitting pretty now. He also owns another horse, Shanrod, who is going for the Fred Winter, i'll have to see what the craic is for that race.

new devil

Meanus dandy 2.30 sandown get on  ;)...lad give me a 17-1 earlier in the week too but didn't get it on

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on March 12, 2010, 04:36:02 PM
I didn't see much wrong with the ride, but the performance wouldn't inspire you to back him for Cheltenham. I presume Donoghue was under instructions to take it on and he did all the work in the race. He hung to his left in the straight and had to be pushed to see off The Rainbow Hunter and didn't seem to have an awful lot in the tank.

I think he'll find things a bit easier in a bigger field. That Martin Pipe race was pure muck last year so I wouldn't write him off. I don't think our horses are particularly well treated for the handicaps though and I'll probably stick to the English trained animals for the most part.

Smoking Aces in the Pertemps and Tommy Cooper's horse in the Fred Winter are the only two Irish horses that I've backed in the handicaps so far. Had a few bob e/w on Gallant Nuit in the Kim Muir (think Nina rides that one for Ferdy Murphy) and Peddlers Cross in the Neptune Novice. A lot of people have been querying whether he'll handle faster ground but he has p2p form on firmish going. I think he is the e/w bet of the meeting.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: haranguerer on March 12, 2010, 05:40:12 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 12, 2010, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on March 12, 2010, 12:25:39 PM
A Wee treble for friday (all short price tips!)

Ayr  2.10   Nafaath
Leic 2.30   Picaroon
Win 3.45   Meath All Star

should pay 8/9to1

that was more like 3/1 or 5/2 but winners are winners

Sammys rippin... :D

why would I be ripping haran?, I just didn't think it was an 8/1 treble, twas a good good bet, nice to see the bookies suffer  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

haranguerer

Cos he picked them and hes getting a loada credit for it and you're jealous  :P

Just pulling your chain sammy! ;)

Lecale2

Just got a text tipping Red Harbour @ 2.00pm.

Family guy

Press the button in the 3.05

Family guy

Quote from: Lecale2 on March 13, 2010, 01:13:06 PM

Jesus what a finish

Lecale2

Quote from: Lecale2 on March 13, 2010, 01:13:06 PM

Heart stopping stuff!