The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

only1clansinlurgan

100% right donnellys.. i just dont understand y hes kept blackstairmountain from meetin dunguib in ireland so far this year..  cousin vinny ran well in ireland last year an blew up at cheltenham last year wen facied. dunguib has follow the same route as vinny...

btw its only my opinion in this big field..  :-X :-X

Donnellys Hollow

Cousin Vinny had already been beaten twice over hurdles before Cheltenham last year and won a poor renewal of the bumper. Dunguib is a totally different kettle of cod.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

armagho9

I have made my mind up, my original bet for Cheltenham will be a £10 yankee.

Dunguib
Master Minded
Garde Champatre
Kauto Star

Will pay about 750 IF all win.  One of them will prob let me down so i will get money back hopefully

cookstownblue

Forgive my ignorance, is a yankee the same as a lucky 15?

armagho9

similar.

Lucky 15 is obviously 15 bets.

Yankee is 11, lucky 15 without the four singles.

Therefor you need 2 to come in before you get anything back

maddog

Quote from: armagho9 on March 04, 2010, 09:15:00 AM

Dunguib
Master Minded
Garde Champatre
Kauto Star

Will pay about 750 IF all win.  One of them will prob let me down so i will get money back hopefully

Dont think there would be much mileage in getting that bet on early as i cant see the prices being madly different say by the monday of Cheltenham week. At least by then you would be sure they are all running, injuries, going concerns etc. If its soft and Denmans fit i think Kauto will get done.

armagho9

Yeah, i think i will hold out to the monday.  They expect the ground to be good-soft, good in places (not that that the weather forecast is very reliable).  I just cant see Denman winning, has not got close to 2008 level.

boojangles

Quote from: armagho9 on March 04, 2010, 12:16:29 PM
Yeah, i think i will hold out to the monday.  They expect the ground to be good-soft, good in places (not that that the weather forecast is very reliable).  I just cant see Denman winning, has not got close to 2008 level.

You must have missed the Hennessy then. One of the best weight carrying performances you are likely to see. I don't know if he will beat Kauto but he is definitely still a serious contender.

With the Non-Runner No bet kicking in Im chancing a few horses that I think will be alot shorter on the day.

armagho9

No seen the Hennessy.  Still think he is a great horse but i dont think he has run a race since like the 2008 Gold Cup where he completely destroyed Kauto.

winsamsoon

Quote from: Family guy on March 03, 2010, 05:50:58 PM
why only 500  ???

Well 500 on the two bankers and then the rest of the saving on a few fancies.

Good advice Donnelly i was having doubts myself about Master minded, thinks Dunguib will hack up can't see anything beating it.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Quote from: armagho9 on March 04, 2010, 09:15:00 AM

Dunguib
Master Minded
Garde Champatre
Kauto Star

Garde Champetre could get turned over this year by l'ami ???
I fancy Kauto and Dunguib big time. Master minded is a wee doubt but it's as a low risk enough bet as betting goes lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Donnellys Hollow

L'Ami has had a wind-op and will be in receipt of 8lbs from GC this year. He was getting 4lbs last year and was only beat a length and a half so strictly on the book he should turn that form around. Not sure you can apply the normal handicap thought process to this race though. I'd have reservations about the form of Enda's horses but he has only been running a few rags since his last winner on Valentine's Day so it's difficult to judge.

If I was putting on a multiple for the festival I'd have Quevega before Garde Champetre. I don't think Voler La Vedette is as stout a stayer and if she were mine she'd be running in the Champion Hurdle because she looks all speed. Murphy has said she could be trained for the Champion next year but sure you'll probably have Dunguib and Hurricane Fly going as well so I can't really see the logic in that.

sammymaguire

DONCASTER 3:10 MARES NH NOVICE 2m 3f 110yds
Diavoleria @ 14/1 (GP)
looks a decent e/w shot at the price
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

maddog

Quote from: armagho9 on March 04, 2010, 03:50:33 PM
No seen the Hennessy.  Still think he is a great horse but i dont think he has run a race since like the 2008 Gold Cup where he completely destroyed Kauto.

Thing is if he is back to his best and ground has soft in the title he will beat kauto. IMHO - which is probably totally wrong

Donnellys Hollow

I think it would be well worth trying a visor on Denman á la See More Business. Can't believe they haven't tried it yet. Look at what cheekpieces have done for War Of Attrition in the past few months.