The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: beer baron on February 27, 2010, 11:43:35 AM
benny harp it was given as the pricewise in racingpost and well fancied by some of the morning line crew so i'd say that could be part of the reason for shortening of the price.was going to have an e/w flutter if it was 12's or more but tink ill just stick with the 2 bets i have on so far grey soldier to win and geordan murphy 1st try.

I havent read any of those this morning - but i'll take your word for it! Just passing on what i heard!
That was never a square ball!!

sammymaguire

i am liking madison du berlais and moreso oedpipe in the 3.05
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

beer baron

Catch the high ball

I see Pandorama is out of Cheltenham which is a few of my antepost bets down the drain. Pittoni was very disppointing today, it just shows that this years juveniles are very weak and that anybody can beat anybody and the English juveniles are the same.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Donnellys Hollow

Pandorama out - bollocks!  :-[

Happy enough to take the odds on about Tranquil Sea today. Should have way too much boot for stayers like Snowy Morning and Ballyholland. Really good bumper at Leopardstown. Kiely's mare looked very promising last time out. Unlikey to go to Cheltenham given the trainer's history so I'd say she'll be fairly match fit for today.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 28, 2010, 12:42:30 PM

Happy enough to take the odds on about Tranquil Sea today. Should have way too much boot for stayers like Snowy Morning and Ballyholland. Really good bumper at Leopardstown. Kiely's mare looked very promising last time out. Unlikey to go to Cheltenham given the trainer's history so I'd say she'll be fairly match fit for today.

Tranquil Sea looked good today alright.Kicked away nicely. Was gonna double it with Kielys mare but just done a single on Tranquil. Phew.
Willie Mullins string looks to be really motoring now,probably just in the right time for Cheltenham, Punchestown etc. I think we should take note of a few. Was sick to see Cadspeed who I backed twice previously come home in front finally, as I backed Marlay Park.

Anybody see the racecourse gallops on AtTheRaces after racing at Leopardstown this evening? A few caught the eye including Rare Bob, ForPaddythePlasterer and Mikael Dagenet looked to be going well also altho its hard to see it going for Cheltenham but maybe something later.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: boojangles on February 28, 2010, 06:09:47 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 28, 2010, 12:42:30 PM

Tranquil Sea looked good today alright.Kicked away nicely. Was gonna double it with Kielys mare but just done a single on Tranquil. Phew.
Willie Mullins string looks to be really motoring now,probably just in the right time for Cheltenham, Punchestown etc. I think we should take note of a few. Was sick to see Cadspeed who I backed twice previously come home in front finally, as I backed Marlay Park.

Anybody see the racecourse gallops on AtTheRaces after racing at Leopardstown this evening? A few caught the eye including Rare Bob, ForPaddythePlasterer and Mikael Dagenet looked to be going well also altho its hard to see it going for Cheltenham but maybe something later.

Mikael's jumping suggested RSA more than Arkle to me. Looked a bit careful at a few.

I thought Quevega and Cooldine worked well out of Willie's string. Hard to know what to read into these gallops though when you don't know what weights the horses are carrying.

Catch the high ball

I thought the performance by O'Grady's horse in the bumper, absolutley hacked up. Looks maybe like a good bet for the Champion bumper. Also Rare Bob looked good in the schooling after the racing, might be a good each way bet at the festivel.
Did anyone see Darbys Turn at Clonmel?
Absolutley cruising round the final turn, jumped the last, Andrew Lynch shakes him up, no response, whip out, no response, just blew up and the next horse about 4 lengths behind comes through and wins.
Maybe its just me but it looked quite suspicious.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

boojangles

Mikael D'Haguenet was the main focus of attention as a group of star names from the Willie Mullins yard went through their paces after racing at Leopardstown.

Yet to jump a fence competitively outside his native France, the six-year-old schooled in the hands of Ruby Walsh and on the whole left connections satisfied ahead of Cheltenham, although no decision has been made on his participation.

Rich Ricci, husband of owner Susannah, said: "I'm happy enough, the engine is definitely still there. His jumping was a bit careful, but we'd rather him be like that than the other way."

Mikael D'Haguenet was last seen in action when winning over hurdles at Punchestown in May and has Festival engagements in the two-mile Irish Independent Arkle Trophy and the three-mile RSA Chase.

Ricci went on: "We will see how he is the next few days and we have always wanted to give him every opportunity to get there (Cheltenham). But we won't do anything to jeopardise the horse as he is a star and a Gold Cup horse in the making.

"We need to balance out the risk with the reward. He is a very exciting horse and we will have to see what happens."

Mullins added: "He was sure-footed, if a little slow and deliberate at one or two. But he is very sure of himself. It was a good piece of work and I'm delighted with him.

"I like the way he finished with J'y Vole. She was very good and will go for the Ryanair now. We will see how Mikael is before making any decision."

The trainer went on: "Of the others, Cooldine was excellent, as were Uimhiraceathair (RSA Chase) and The Midnight Club, although we may stay at home with him - I'll have to speak with the owner.

"Sports Line (Arkle) was very good. He needed that as he has had one or two little setbacks. He will probably do it again. Barker needed it and he may also go somewhere again. He will need some hard work if we are going to make Cheltenham. I was delighted with Quevega (Mares' Hurdle), she seemed quite lit up."

Homer

Paddy Power offering to refund all losing Win Singles if Dunguib wins the Supreme Novices' Hurdle.

http://www.paddypower.com/racing/cheltenham-betting/supreme-novices-hurdle-betting

Donnellys Hollow

Celtic Bookmakers are already paying out on Dunguib

Mickey Linden

For those holding ante-post vouchers on Dunguib, would it make sense to throw a few quid on the next few in the betting in the Supreme? If Dunguib wins Paddypower will refund your bets anyhow.

Donnellys Hollow

Probably. Oscar Whisky and Blackstairmountain are the two I'll be backing when NRNB comes in. I don't think either are fit to blow smoke up Dunguib's backside but they're the two I'd expect to fight it out in the catastrophic event of a fall for Dunguib.

The Menorah/Belvano form is pants now and I don't think Get Me Out Of Here is anywhere near good enough. I heard a few 'experts' on RUK harping on about how he has won the Schweppes against the older horses and that Dunguib has just been beating the same horses over and over again. They obviously missed him winning hard held against Puyol at Punchestown who went on to win the Pierse.

Treasurer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 01, 2010, 12:24:22 PM
Probably. Oscar Whisky and Blackstairmountain are the two I'll be backing when NRNB comes in......

I'm already on Blackstairs for a place.

beer baron