The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Good Shout Beer Baron, had 10 each way on it, so covered myself
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Mickey Linden

Well lads, just wondering if u knew if Mikeal D'Heurgent is likely to run in the RSA? I really like the horse and Im thinking of having a few quid on him.

RealSpiritof98

Just seen K Fallon has been booked for a ride in the Wednesday Bumper in the festival, Old MCDonald is the horse, currently 25/1, think it won last time out so might be worth a shot.

Candyman

Are there many attending the local P2P tomorrow?

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on February 26, 2010, 10:25:03 AM
Just seen K Fallon has been booked for a ride in the Wednesday Bumper in the festival, Old MCDonald is the horse, currently 25/1, think it won last time out so might be worth a shot.

I just took 20/1 with ladbrokes (tried to get Bet365's 40/1 but it woundn't let me) Seems to be 16s everywhere else.  Could be a good shout!

sammymaguire

Seen that on the betfair forum alright, could be an interesting booking; Fallon at Cheltenham, defo a head scratcher  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Homer

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 26, 2010, 10:53:12 AM

Seen that on the betfair forum alright, could be an interesting booking; Fallon at Cheltenham, defo a head scratcher  ???

He rode Refinement in the Bumper only a few of years ago, finishing 4th.

Homer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 24, 2010, 08:35:20 PM
Quote from: Homer on February 24, 2010, 10:58:21 AM
Quote from: Catch the high ball on February 19, 2010, 10:51:00 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 18, 2010, 08:55:17 PM
Mikael D'Haguenet entered up at Fairyhouse next Wednesday in a beginners chase  :o
Can't wait to see if this boyo is as good over fences than he was over hurdles. Hope he makes it to Cheltenham as I put a few quid each way on him for the RSA and Arkle when I seen the entry for next week. The Horse Tracker is some invention.

Mikael won't be running today but has entries at Navan (Sat) and Leopardstown (Sun) over the weekend, hopefully we get a look at him then

The Navan race is over 2m4 with the Leopardstown race over the minimum trip. Wouldn't surprise me if he ran at Leopardstown because the ground will probably be better than it will be at Navan and it is a more prestigious race - should provide a better test of his jumping.

If he were to win over two miles on Sunday then you'd have to assume Willie would be looking more at the Arkle rather than the RSA. He is a significantly bigger price for the Arkle but I might have a few bob on to cover some of my Captain Cee Bee bets when the weekend entries come out. That said, there can't be too many Arkle or RSA winners that were yet to see a fence in public near the end of February and I'm not talking about the little Maginot Line things they jump in France.

Mikael D'Haguenet not declared for either race  :(

He will be schooled after racing at Leopardstown on Sunday. Mullins: "There are no plans for him yet and we will see how he gets on at Leopardstown before looking further ahead."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/mikael-dhaguenet-w-p-mullins-cheltenham-cheltenham-mikael-to-school-at-leopardstown-on-sunday/686142/top/

Onlooker

Quote from: Candyman on February 26, 2010, 10:48:14 AM
Are there many attending the local P2P tomorrow?
Made the long journey to Armagh 5 or 6 years ago.  Nice venue for a Point to Point.  i won't be there tomorrow though.

armagho9

I will probably go to p2p tomorrow.  Anyone any tips for it?

Donnellys Hollow

Was well stuffed behind Tavern Times at Fairyhouse (runs Leopardstown Sunday). I very much doubt he'll have improved enough to turn that form around let alone beat Weld's, Mullins' and Al Ferof even with King Kieren's assistance.

Quote from: Homer on February 26, 2010, 11:20:43 AM
Mikael D'Haguenet not declared for either race  :(

He will be schooled after racing at Leopardstown on Sunday. Mullins: "There are no plans for him yet and we will see how he gets on at Leopardstown before looking further ahead."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/mikael-dhaguenet-w-p-mullins-cheltenham-cheltenham-mikael-to-school-at-leopardstown-on-sunday/686142/top/

I can't believe they're going to persist with this novice chasing idea. Surely Willie would be better off doing what he did with Fiveforthree last year and keep him over timber to protect his novice status for next year. Have a spin round one of the gaff tracks before taking in the Aintree Hurdle and the Stayers at Punchestown. He is only a 6yo so there's no rush with him.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Family guy

like this love you louis in the 8.10 wolverhampton,any 1 else any fancys??

Mac hinery

Dundalk 8.00 Designated Decoy a fancy not a tip

BennyHarp

I've had 3 different phone calls from people this morning about Private Be at Kempton today 3.05, went to back it there on Paddy Power and its backed in from 16-1 to 8-1 - think i'll give it a go!!
That was never a square ball!!

beer baron

benny harp it was given as the pricewise in racingpost and well fancied by some of the morning line crew so i'd say that could be part of the reason for shortening of the price.was going to have an e/w flutter if it was 12's or more but tink ill just stick with the 2 bets i have on so far grey soldier to win and geordan murphy 1st try.