The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

I fancy 5:40 Kempton Earlsmedic to run a big race @ 8/1 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

pebble-dasher

just done lord of the reigns before i read that!

Donnellys Hollow

Brady documentary to be aired this Saturday
Thu, 28th Jan, 2010

RTE Radio 1 will air a documentary on popular trainer Oliver Brady this Saturday evening 30th January at 6.05pm.

The Documentary on One programme is titled 'The Brady Bunch' and was produced by John Scally.

Brady speaks candidly about the many highs and lows in his career and personal life. Oliver recalls his early childhood when, at just four years of age, his father died from an old war wound.

He describes his days as a preacher with Ian Paisley and the shadow cast by 'the Troubles' on life in the boarder county of Monaghan. He recounts his many experiences as a horse racing trainer and how chance played a part in his success when a lucky bet saw him earn enough money to set up his own stables.

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=42561

Up Monaghan!  :D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Lecale2

Should be interesting. A preacher with Paisley??

sammymaguire

Snowy Morning and Devon Native in the next half an hour or so
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lecale2

Snow Morning beat despite the best efforts of Ruby.

sammymaguire

another load of horse sh1t, not had a decent run since christmas....  :'(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

randomtask

it will come soon sammy i can feel it ;D

boojangles

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 28, 2010, 03:07:49 PM
Snowy Morning and Devon Native in the next half an hour or so

Devon Native-must have been one of those tips that half the country has. Got a phonecall in Dublin today about it. A bookie probably put word out.

Silky

Donnellys Hollow

Don't bother with the dross tomorrow and get stuck into Karabak in the Cleeve Hurdle at Cheltenham on Saturday. Knocking e/w bet for the Stayers Hurdle at the festival as well.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 28, 2010, 11:05:59 PM
Don't bother with the dross tomorrow and get stuck into Karabak in the Cleeve Hurdle at Cheltenham on Saturday. Knocking e/w bet for the Stayers Hurdle at the festival as well.

Get some of the even money up on the exchanges for Saturday because he could be a 1/2, 4/7 shot on the day. He is the only horse in this division that can hold a candle to Big Bucks and his course form is strong having finished second to Mikael D'Haguenet in the best renewal of the 2m5 novice hurdle at the festival for a good few years. Lough Derg and Fair Along have to give him 6 lbs and a whole host of other donkeys have to give him 2 lbs. King is getting a good run going after being in terrible form earlier on in the year. I'm having my first properly big bet of the calendar year on this horse. Cracking punt IMO.

beer baron

Have a 2nd look at alan kings horses in doncaster tomoro im told he'll have a winner....here's hoping

ha ha derry

Lads, many chance of posting the tips before the race, 1st thing in the morning. Yez seem to have a very high hit rate. Especially Donnellys Hollow.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 28, 2010, 11:57:15 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 28, 2010, 11:05:59 PM

Get some of the even money up on the exchanges for Saturday because he could be a 1/2, 4/7 shot on the day. He is the only horse in this division that can hold a candle to Big Bucks and his course form is strong having finished second to Mikael D'Haguenet in the best renewal of the 2m5 novice hurdle at the festival for a good few years. Lough Derg and Fair Along have to give him 6 lbs and a whole host of other donkeys have to give him 2 lbs. King is getting a good run going after being in terrible form earlier on in the year. I'm having my first properly big bet of the calendar year on this horse. Cracking punt IMO.

Think ill put my faith in you this time Donnelly! What did u think of Sports line performance last Sunday? I think he will come on for the run and looks like a classy animal. He could be a cracking each way bet for the Arkle at 20s. Also what did u make of Quel Esprit?