The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 11, 2009, 11:51:11 AM
Was thinking that myself about the weight Garde is carrying. It seems a lot and he didnt win that convincely last time out. However, im going to stick with him as the horse certainly owes me nothing and loves it round Cheltenham.

Nice one mate.

sammymaguire

going well today so far...  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 11, 2009, 12:38:03 PM
What was Alavian like? Should we be happy with our ante post Trimumph Hurdle coupons Donnelly?

Jumped beautifully and won head in his chest as you would expect him to do in a maiden hurdle. We'll know a lot more after he runs on Stephens' Day but that was very satisfactory.

Managed to get some of that 3/1 about Garde. Christmas came early! Weight doesn't really matter in those Cross-Country races like it does in a conventional handicap. JT gave him a cracking ride - fine horseman. Enda Bolger is some operator.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

T O Hare

Quote from: sammymaguire on December 11, 2009, 01:44:12 PM

Your some tipster, keep up the good work ;D :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mickey Linden

Garde Champetre is some animal. I used to hate them cross country races but have been converted.

Ruby was very unlucky on the Toher One too!

sammymaguire

Quote from: T O Hare on December 11, 2009, 02:19:18 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on December 11, 2009, 01:44:12 PM

Your some tipster, keep up the good work ;D :D

I love it, T O Hare, racing in my blood - you got any winners for us today?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Mickey Linden

Dont think I have ever seen T O Hare backing a winner. He thought he was getting tips for Portman Park at one stage!

sammymaguire

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 11, 2009, 02:38:43 PM
Dont think I have ever seen T O Hare backing a winner. He thought he was getting tips for Portman Park at one stage!
maybe he was being a wee bit sarcastic then, if he does not know the difference between the front and back end of a horse
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

T O Hare

your still living off that Yankee!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

sammymaguire

Quote from: T O Hare on December 11, 2009, 03:01:52 PM

your still living off that Yankee!!!!!!!!!!!!

that must have been some win  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Nothing to worry Dunguib in the last there at Cheltenham. I don't think either General Miller or Ghizao will trouble him.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 11, 2009, 03:43:16 PM
Nothing to worry Dunguib in the last there at Cheltenham. I don't think either General Miller or Ghizao will trouble him.

its Pepe Simo you need to keep an eye out for DH... thats what I have been told - I think Dunguib would win the champion hurdle myself cos its that good but anyway, we'll see how things pan out
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Pepe Simo has 35 lengths to make up on the bumper form. Washington Irving would be the horse that would concern me. God forbid Dunguib stands on a stone a week before Cheltenham, he'd probably be the one I'd be on.

boojangles

Word for Dirar in 920 Wolves. mite get 9/4. have a look at it.Gordon Elliott trains.

Minder

Quote from: boojangles on December 11, 2009, 07:32:54 PM
Word for Dirar in 920 Wolves. mite get 9/4. have a look at it.Gordon Elliott trains.

Good lad Boojangles, got it at 7/2.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"