The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Tom Mullins will have to start running a pacemaker for Some Present! He must be tearing his hair out.

Looks like our novice hurdlers are a bit clear of the English horses at this early stage. I doubt the winner will give Dunguib any trouble but he'll make a lovely chaser in time.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Buying money!

Good girl yourself Nina. Fabulous patient ride.

Clown

wot was the race like?
didnt get to see it

Donnellys Hollow

He got in a bit close to four out and drifted out to 4/1 in-running for a few hundred quid. Came back on the bridle straight away and picked up Headsontheground and Sizing Australia between the last two flights. Idled a bit up the hill but was always holding the second and third.

He's an amazing little horse really. Bolger said that he'd fit under Spothedifference!

Donnellys Hollow

Dunguib looks a serious tool. This horse could be the best we've seen in a long time.

I'll be having a few quid on each week antepost for the Supreme Novices at Cheltenham. I don't think there's anything that will shake him up in Ireland. Might have small savers on for the Champion Hurdle and the Ballymore to cover my stake if he ends up going for either of them.

Hopefully we'll see a similar performance from Hurricane Fly tomorrow.

sammymaguire

i know a guy who thinks Pepe Simo will beat Dunguib in the Supreme if they run together...  :-\  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

I don't think Dunguib will come off the bridle before Cheltenham Sammy. I reckon he'll go off odds on and anyone that's backed him at 3/1+ could lay him off at much shorter odds before the Supreme if needs be. Pepe Simo looks a typical Nicholls hype horse to me who has thirty lengths to make up on Dunguib on bumper form.

I reckon there's nothing in Ireland that'll get him off the snap. Unless something off the flat like Manyriverstocross or Cesare prove to be a revelation over timber in England, Philip Fenton hasn't much to be losing sleep over.

It looks like Willie Mullins will have a good day at Punchestown and Cork. Hurricane Fly looks a good thing to me in the Morgiana. Roll on the Champion Hurdle! Quadrillon and Sicilian Secret should make successful hurdling debuts like their stablemate Quel Esprit yesterday. Hopefully the card at Mallow will get the go ahead.

sammymaguire

CORK - 3:35 PADDYPOWER.COM MAIDEN HURDLE (6Y 2m - Sicilian Secret @ 3/10 (GP)

CORK - 1:55 PADDYPOWERPOKER.COM MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 4f - Quadrillon @ 8/15 (GP)

PUNCHESTOWN - 2:40 DOBBINS & MADIGANS HURDLE GRADE 1 (4 2m - Hurricane Fly @ 4/9 (GP)

CHELTENHAM - 1:45 CONNAUGHT CHASE 2m - Master Minded @ 8/13 (GP)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Was at the rugby match so only now watched a recording of today's racing. Two of the antepost favourites for the championship races at Cheltenham getting turned over - who'd have thought it?!

Master Minded's performances are steadily regressing. I know he's only a 6yo but I'm beginning to think he was just a bit of a freak a few years ago and that we might have seen the best of him. Hung like a gate the whole way up the hill. Great to see old Well Chief winning though.

I was shocked to see Hurricane Fly beaten. He came on for his first run last year so hopefully he will again. Raced very keenly and found nothing off the bit after the last. Makes me think he just blew up from a lack of fitness. Solwhit was mighty impressive though and Hurricane Fly will have his work cut out to turn that form around.

Sizing Europe put in another imperious display. He's found his niche over fences. Looks a real Arkle contender. Hopefully he'll stay sound because he could be a Gold Cup horse next year.

sammymaguire

Clear Ice is fancied today in the 1.50 southwell
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 17, 2009, 11:52:15 AM
Clear Ice is fancied today in the 1.50 southwell

A rare Dandy Nicholls runner on the A/W......... interesting  ;)

A lot of money around for Aegean Dawn in the novice hurdle at Folkestone. He's related to Cool Dawn, the 1998 Cheltenham Gold Cup winner. Got the last of the even money before it goes odds on.

sammymaguire

balls, beat by half a length  >:(

MARAKSH 340 Folk strong word (awful)
Fancies
My Condor 3.00 3rd
Youcanofcourse 3.10 2nd
Punching 3.20 1st
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Good word for these and they are being backed
FLIPPING e/w 12.30 Ling
EDGE OF TOWN 12.40 MR
FRIENDLY KING 2.40 MR
ARDMADDY 3.30 Ling
CAPABILITY 7.20K

My own personal Clonmel picks
12:35 Fionnegas
13:05 Slievecorragh
13:35 Financialregulator
14:05 Watson Lake
14:35 Moskova
15:05 Footy Facts
15:35 Florida Pal
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

winsamsoon

sportslive naps

Chaim
L Aspell Mrs L Wadham 56/P212- 7
11-5 7/2 4/1 9/2
5/11

Take It There
Giles Hawkins A J Lidderdale 23-P651 7
12-5 10/3 7/2 4/1
9/2
                                 GOOG LUCK LADS

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 18, 2009, 12:26:19 PM
Good word for these and they are being backed
FLIPPING e/w 12.30 Ling
EDGE OF TOWN 12.40 MR
FRIENDLY KING 2.40 MR
ARDMADDY 3.30 Ling
CAPABILITY 7.20K

My own personal Clonmel picks
12:35 Fionnegas WINNER
13:05 Slievecorragh WINNER

13:35 Financialregulator - fell  :(
14:05 Watson Lake WINNER
14:35 Moskova WINNER

15:05 Footy Facts
15:35 Florida Pal

quite strong on Footy Facts now too...  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!