The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Wish i had have took that 9/4 for that...It was so easy never even got pushed out.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

sammymaguire

MID MON LADY expected to score the hattrick of wins this afternoon 3.25 Leopardstown 5/1 in places
Swift Chap is a good e/w price also fancied at Lingers in the 3.30 7/1
Guildenstern Kempton 4.10 also strong e/w today 11/2
Also a strong word for Braddock in the 4.40 K 2/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Clown

F**K THAT!!!

Server went down there in work 10 mins before the race as i was going onto hav a score on Mid Mon Lady!

Donnellys Hollow

We saw a future superstar of the flat on Saturday in St Nicholas Abbey. I think we'll see a future steeplechasing superstar in the beginners chase at Punchestown tomorrow.

Pandorama makes his debut over the larger obstacles. He won't be a backable price tomorrow but he's well worth an antepost investment for Cheltenham even at this stage. There's plenty of 20/1 and bigger available about him for the RSA Chase. The only horse to beat him over hurdles was Mikael D'Haguenet and Pandorama finished lame that day. Noel Meade thinks he's a future Gold Cup horse and that's good enough for me.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

maddog

Did anyone else notice the Paul Nicholls horses over the weekend seemed to run poorly particularly at Chepstow. A number of his favourites just went out like a light when asked to quicken.
Virus in yard maybe.

sammymaguire

The ground was desperate at Chepstow by all accounts. Most of the beaten horses were ex point to pointers with big reputations who were maybe not as good as people thought they were and will all come on for the run.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Ibrox I don't like the name of the horse but I have been told this one should run a good race in the 4.20  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

rossie mad

Fair play sammy never in doubt nice price at 7/1

you rarely let me down

pity about the name  ;D

Mickey Linden

Fair play Sammy. Your on some run of form! Nice price too!

sammymaguire

the huns score!! well done Rossie, I only had £25 e/w on the hoor  :'(

Hanagan is having a decent day so gonna back Tartatartufata and Bertbrand in the last

second and third, still decent e/w prices there... now onto the football this evening to lose some of my winnings  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Good call on Ibrox Sammy.

Quote from: maddog on October 27, 2009, 09:25:14 AM
Did anyone else notice the Paul Nicholls horses over the weekend seemed to run poorly particularly at Chepstow. A number of his favourites just went out like a light when asked to quicken.
Virus in yard maybe.

His horses ran like drains alright. A lot of them were criminally underpriced though as is the case with a lot of Nicholls/Walsh novices. That Royal Collonges went off odds on purely on pedigree because its form in France was shocking. I still wouldn't be backing any Nicholls animal until he has a few winners though.

Workmanlike from Pandorama today. Clan Tara is a useful animal though and Carberry was keeping plenty up his sleeve. He clearly didn't want the horse to have a hard race. Once this horse steps up in trip on a galloping left-handed track he'll take some stopping. Meade will prep him for one day this season and that will be in March!  ;)

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

I'd be a bit worried about Pandorama's tendency to run down the fence and jump to the left. He lost a lot of ground at some of his fences today.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on October 27, 2009, 10:03:17 PM
I'd be a bit worried about Pandorama's tendency to run down the fence and jump to the left. He lost a lot of ground at some of his fences today.

He hung left when winning his point so it wasn't any surprise to me that he did that. He barely touched a twig at any fence on the way round but he did lug left approaching his obstacles. It was only his first run over fences though and he looked to me to be carrying plenty of condition. I'd say Meade will keep him to the likes of Naas, Navan and Leopardstown before Cheltenham. His jumping won't be a disadvantage to him on left handed tracks and you won't see the best of him until he steps up in trip.

Interesting little card at Punchestown tomorrow. Some Present vs Sweeps Hill in the first race is a potentially cracking contest. I'd have a slight preference for Some Present but it looks a race to watch with a view to the Royal Bond and future novice contests. Shinrock Paddy should make a succesful hurdling debut and Jered will hopefully throw his hat into the ring for the Arkle. Could be a nice short priced double.

Declan

What do the racing afficianados think of the Tipperary plan?
Seems huge to me but would it be a "runner"? ;)