The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 03, 2009, 02:21:56 PM
6.45wolv NEVER THE WAITER been told this WILL should win  ;) now 9/4

3 and a half lengths  ;)  ;)  ;) BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

signing off  8) .... too much aggro and grief on here and not much in the way of a well done

i'll pm DH and the odd other person, the rest of you.... hughie taylor is in good form
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lecale2

souljaboy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 02, 2009, 12:00:52 PM
Cracking weekends racing in store both on the flat and over jumps. Here's my selections:

Saturday

Goldikova 2:40 Longchamp - The best miler in the world. 7F should be no problem for her. One lock for the multiples.

War Of Attrition 4:25 Gowran - Not the horse he was 3 or 4 years ago but still good enough to beat these. Excellent record when fresh.

China Rock 5:25 Gowran - Fourth in last year's Ballymore at Cheltenham only beaten a few lengths by Mikael D'Haguenet. Always looked like he'd make a better chaser. Should be straightforward against this opposition provided he jumps round.

Sunday

Rosanara 1:20 Longchamp - The French banker of the weekend at Longchamp. Daughter of Sinndar who has only won a maiden around Longchamp. Zarkava had a similar prep before winning this same race two years ago for the same connections.

Chinese White 2:30 Longchamp - Has been in sparkling form so far this season for DK Weld. Faster ground shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience. She should be a nice e/w price on the PMU.

Sea The Stars 3:15 Longchamp - Sit back and enjoy watching the greatest turf horse we're likely to see in many a long year do his thing. Holds the entire field on all the form figures. Could even be a backable price on the PMU if the French take him on with Cavalryman, Vision D'Etat or Stacelita.

Loosen My Load 4:55 Tipp - Horse with a huge reputation from Henry De Bromhead's yard in Waterford. Impressive in his two bumpers and won his maiden hurdle well at Listowel. Won't have things all his own way against the much more experienced Fosters Cross but they've been mentioning the Ballymore at Cheltenham for this horse and he should be beating him if he's that good.

chinese white a non-runner
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

Donnellys Hollow

Super Soumi gets the job done on Rosanara! Bout time I'd a winner.

She'll make an Oaks filly next year I'd say being by Sinndar.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

haranguerer

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 03, 2009, 06:56:55 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on October 03, 2009, 02:21:56 PM
6.45wolv NEVER THE WAITER been told this WILL should win  ;) now 9/4

3 and a half lengths  ;)  ;)  ;) BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

signing off  8) .... too much aggro and grief on here and not much in the way of a well done

i'll pm DH and the odd other person, the rest of you.... hughie taylor is in good form

::)  :D

I'd say you've been waiting some length of time to post this Sammy, but i suppose you had to wait til you got a winner.

At 7/4 too! Good going. Well here, let me say it - well done!

Dont include me on that PM list though  :P

sammymaguire

haranguerer on, go away, I've just given DH the winner of the 2.25 @ Dundalk too... he'll verify that too if you want

don't worry, the only PM you get from me will be telling you to grow up  ::)  ::) ::)

give us a tip today fella, anything but Sea The Stars  ;D ;D ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

I will indeed verify that.

Perhaps some of the hurlers on the ditch having a pop at Sammy should throw up a few selections themselves to see how far they get. I'll start a naps competition for the National Hunt if there's enough interest.

Lady GAA GAA

Tony Baloney

Donnellys Hollow

Probably the best colt we'll ever see. Had a terrible passage, pulled Mick's arms out early on and still won easy. Great result for John Oxx and Kildare. Going to stand at the National Stud I believe when they do retire him.

Hope he goes to the States now and stuffs the yanks in the Classic.

Got to feel a degree of sympathy for Youmzain and Mick Channon. Second in three Arcs in a row.

armagh leg-end

some horse boy!

it just cant be beat!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Donnellys Hollow

Alandi holds off Kasbah Bliss to complete a Group 1 double for Oxx and Kinane with Yeats back in third on his last ever run. Some day for the Aga Khan with four Group 1s.

Minder

Is there any online footage of the Arc?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Donnellys Hollow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZgWxL_IZOQ

A great horse in any man's language!  ;)

Enjoy

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"