Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 14, 2009, 04:41:20 PM
Tanfidh  fancied to win
LEICESTER

Jack Finch to place
Listowel

To place at 4/1? Hardly worth going to the bookies.

sammymaguire

I'd take an even money winner all day, 100% profit but this was pure unadulterated shite!

shocking days racing  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ludermor

i think there should be a seperate thread for Sammys tips

sammymaguire

No Grouse e/w in the lucky last at Musselburgh

and an e/w saver on Franny Norton who is having a stonking day! Needy Mccredie

well better than a kick in the spuds 25/1 2nd    ;)

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: Madge on September 14, 2009, 06:11:29 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on September 14, 2009, 05:20:05 PM
I'd take an even money winner all day, 100% profit but this was pure unadulterated shite!

Thats the thing though its not an even money winner for a 4/1 place, you just get your money back, 0% profit.

Madge you stick to shagging Harold  ::)  you can back to place alone, (although you lose out on the winning price if your horse actually wins) its not an e/way bet, have a look at Paddy Power/Betfair websites, not all bookies do this bet
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Ulster Exile

Thats the thing though its not an even money winner for a 4/1 place, you just get your money back, 0% profit.

Well thats not really bloody well worth it then.

Lecale2

That's my point!

Donnellys Hollow

4/1 each way at a quarter the odds is actually a very popular bet. Before Cheltenham, plenty of people I know took the 4/1 that was available about Punchestowns for the Stayers Hurdle. No one could see the horse out of the first three so we all backed it e/w.

If you're sure a horse at 4/1 is a cert to place then back it e/w. Look on it as a free win bet.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Lecale2

Who was offerring 1/4 the odds for the 5.15 at Listowel?

sammymaguire

I'm not talking about an each way bet, i.e. £10 e/w at 4/1 means spending £20 where if it comes second you get your money back, I was simply talking of a single PLACE bet for the horse to run into the top 4 in this race so you stick your £20 on at even money so if it finishes in the top 4 you get £40 back, but you feel a bit gutted IF it wins and you lose out on £40 of winnings if it did.  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

At the risk of being lambasted by the resident tipsters  ;) Listowel e/w (not place bets) today:

3.25 Sassy Gal

4.55 Kardyls Hope

5.25 Maggie the Cat (beaten by a nose on the line @ 8/1  >:()

also BAWAARDII gotta be the NAP in the 3.20 at Lingfield (good winner) and 4.20 Chandrayaan also a solid PLACE bet.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

A few for the notebook today lads, ignore at your peril

2.55 Sandown Zeitoper win
2.55 Listowel Slieve Mish
4.35 Listowel Hill Fairy e/w
5.05 Listowel Loosen My Load

adh mor ort
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

decent start  ;D just got told that Red Jade in the 3.55 Yar was a good e/w bet

I also like La Capriosa in the 3.10 Bev and Right Rave at 6.20 Kemp
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Sandy Hill

Just been told to back Paco Jack ew at Listowel! Don't blame me if it doesn't!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

sammymaguire

Quote from: Sandy Hill on September 16, 2009, 04:22:01 PM
Just been told to back Paco Jack ew at Listowel! Don't blame me if it doesn't!!!!

2nd favourite drifting in the biggest race of the day.... thanks for that Alex Hammond but I'm sticking with Hill Fairy and might take a little of the 10's on offer for Star of Germany
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!