The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

I'd love to be on a 50/1 or 66/1 shot but they don't happen that often so when I hear there is a horse that should win a particular race, regardless of the price, its still nice to take a few pound of the bookie  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Markazzi in the 1.20 at Newbury, you can get 11/5 on Betfair, the word is this horse is a machine (don't blame me if it turns out to be a Massey 35)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

full back

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 14, 2009, 12:21:58 PM
Markazzi in the 1.20 at Newbury, you can get 11/5 on Betfair, the word is this horse is a machine (don't blame me if it turns out to be a Massey 35)

This horse should only be associated with one type of machine

A machine gun............ :-\

Donnellys Hollow

I gave up backing Richard Hills' mounts years ago. The guy is an absolutely shocking jock. Why Sheik Hamdan retains him, I don't know.

At least King Kieren is back in a few weeks. One of the few of the flat boys I'd trust with my hard earned. Roll on the national hunt!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

illdecide

Evasive 6/4 this morning. Not a great price i know but if it wins it better than a kick in the bollix.

It has been running in group 1 races lately but now drops down to a group 2 race and is back to it's better distance of 7f
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Lecale2

Results
Nottingham
3:45 | 5 Leceile (Hayley Turner, 7-2 joint-fav);  :)

Donnellys Hollow

It looks like Godolphin have ruined another promising horse in Evasive. His run today doesn't say much for Mastercraftsman's form ahead of his meeting with Sea The Stars on Tuesday.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 14, 2009, 01:36:08 PM

I gave up backing Richard Hills' mounts years ago. The guy is an absolutely shocking jock. Why Sheik Hamdan retains him, I don't know.

At least King Kieren is back in a few weeks. One of the few of the flat boys I'd trust with my hard earned. Roll on the national hunt!

Roll on the NH is right...Hate that flat racing had a £1 yankee today 7/1 beat on line .....8/1 beat online 6/5 winner and the other stuffed......Dont like sprints when your horse is crusing and cant get space....joke...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Donnellys Hollow

Them big field sprint handicaps in England are a complete lottery. The draw bias at some tracks make it next to impossible to find a winner.

Donnellys Hollow

18 August 2009
15:25 York - Juddmonte International Stakes (Group 1)
Age: 3yo+       Distance: 1m2f 88yards       Going: Good to firm

1(1) Georgebernardshaw  4 9-5  C O'Donoghue  AP O'Brien (Ballydoyle, Co. Tipperary, Ire.)

2(4) Tartan Bearer  4 9-5  R Moore  Sir M Stoute (Newmarket) NON-RUNNER

3(2) Mastercraftsman  3 8-11  JP Murtagh  AP O'Brien (Ballydoyle, Co. Tipperary, Ire.)

4(3) Sea The Stars  3 8-11  MJ Kinane  J Oxx (Currabeg, Co. Kildare, Ire.)

5(5) Set Sail  3 8-11  JA Heffernan  AP O'Brien (Ballydoyle, Co. Tipperary, Ire.)

What's the point in dragging them all over to Yorkshire for this? Might as well run it at the Curragh now that Tartan Bearer is out!

sammymaguire

2 tips today lads

The first being Danish Monarch 2-40 NA currently 13/2
The second being Toi Express 4-20 NA currently 11/1

g/l if you have a go
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bigfrank

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 01, 2009, 01:39:41 PM
2 tips today lads

The second being Toi Express 4-10 NA currently 11/1

g/l if you have a go

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 01, 2009, 01:39:41 PM
2 tips today lads

The second being Toi Express 4-20 NA currently 11/1

g/l if you have a go

two donkeys still running round Newton Abbott, sh1te.

gonna have a little flutter on the following (place treble and an e/w accy)

5.00pm Jackday

5.20pm Bolanderi

6.35pm Gracious Girl
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

illdecide

Hi sammy you'd stop the Dublin Express saan FFS :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sammymaguire

did you manage to miss that 10/1 winner ?? when you were typing illdecide ;)

a place double on the first 2 returned 5/2  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!