The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

haha oh iv learnt that one a few times now but it just doesnt seem to stick in my head - a bit like science at school!!

Our Nail Loney

Tony McCoy on a few fancied horses this evening...

RGU08

Folks, im heading to watch the irish derby this sunday, does anyone know when the final declarations are made for each race?

Any tips would be much appreciated  ;D

Thanks

5 Sams

Anyone on "Ballyholland" at Down Royal last Sunday.....a few of our boys were on it at about 10s and cleaned up...I didnt even know it was running :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: RGU08 on June 24, 2009, 04:46:56 PM
Folks, im heading to watch the irish derby this sunday, does anyone know when the final declarations are made for each race?

Thanks

Decs will be up on www.irish-racing.com at around midday on Friday.

Reckon Katiyra is worth a punt in the Pretty Polly on Saturday.

The fav should go in again in the Derby especially with the way the weather is locally - ground should be drying out nicely. Still 4/5 with Corals.  :o

Ger Lyons has one supplemented for the Railway Stakes. Can't remember the name of the colt but I saw him beat a decent Ballydoyle 2yo at Naas and he looked very promising.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

RGU08

Homer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 24, 2009, 05:14:22 PM
Quote from: RGU08 on June 24, 2009, 04:46:56 PM

Thanks

Decs will be up on www.irish-racing.com at around midday on Friday.

Reckon Katiyra is worth a punt in the Pretty Polly on Saturday.

The fav should go in again in the Derby especially with the way the weather is locally - ground should be drying out nicely. Still 4/5 with Corals.  :o

Ger Lyons has one supplemented for the Railway Stakes. Can't remember the name of the colt but I saw him beat a decent Ballydoyle 2yo at Naas and he looked very promising.

Love Lockdown is the Ger Lyons horse that you're trying to think of.

I don't do much betting during the flat season but I really can't understand how Sea the Stars is available at 4/5. Excellent value IMO.

Muzz

Guys,

Quick question - Irish Derby at the weekend.  During week mate put bet on Fame And Glory at 5/2 (was wrote on docket at 5/2).  Went to collect winnings and owner is saying he wont pay out at 5/2 as Sea The Stars withdrew.  They cover their bets with Paddypower and supposedly Paddypower would not honour any of the antepost bets either.

I was always under the impression if the odds was wrote on the docket and money accepted by the bookie it was a binding agreement?

Anyone know otherwise?

full back

Quote from: Muzz on June 30, 2009, 04:58:22 PM
Guys,

Quick question - Irish Derby at the weekend.  During week mate put bet on Fame And Glory at 5/2 (was wrote on docket at 5/2).  Went to collect winnings and owner is saying he wont pay out at 5/2 as Sea The Stars withdrew.  They cover their bets with Paddypower and supposedly Paddypower would not honour any of the antepost bets either.

I was always under the impression if the odds was wrote on the docket and money accepted by the bookie it was a binding agreement?

Anyone know otherwise?

Odds on the docket wont stand up as the bookies normally have a sign in shop regarding 'palpable bets' whereas if a mistake is made they are entitled to change the price.

vav

Quote from: Muzz on June 30, 2009, 04:58:22 PM
Guys,

Anyone know otherwise?

I know if its greyhound racing and a price is taken and there ends up being a non-runner the price on the bet reverts to SP...

In horseracing I would assume once the price was correct at time of bet acceptance then it would have a large rule 4 attached to it as Sea The Stars was a short price..

It should not have reverted to SP but should have paid on his price minus the Rule 4.. However if the SP returns were to be greater than the price he took minus r4 the bookie may have chosen to give him a discretionary of SP

vav

ohs and if that looks like gobbledygook I apologise.. it made sense in my head!!  :-\

sammymaguire

anybody hear any word on either of the two Harry Rodgers runners in the 8 o clock tonight?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Our Nail Loney

:-[

sammymaguire

WINDSOR 6.30
CLASSIC COLORI
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

el_cuervo_fc