The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

Thats what i counted it at in my head but I only got £110 / £111

kumquat

Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Mickey Linden

Anyone any thoughts on the Grand National yet?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: girt_giggler on March 26, 2009, 08:17:48 AM
Anyone do a quick calculation for me. 

3 x £2.50 doubles
1 x £2.50 treble

I took early prices....5/2, 2/1, 9/4.

Collected it yesterday, took the money away I went.  Checked later how much I received at it seemed abit low.  There possibly could have been a rule 4 somehwere I'm not sure......maybe Niall you could fill me in..?

5/2 - 3.00 race
2/1 - 4.40 race
9/4 - 4.50 race

I am actually off work today, so only seeing this now... I will look into it here

Muzz

Total amount you should have got £164.38

3 Doubles £2.50:
5/2 & 2/1   £26.25
5/2 & 9/4   £28.44
2/1 & 9/4   £24.38

1 Treble £2.50:
5/2 & 2/1 & 9/4   £85.31

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: girt_giggler on March 26, 2009, 08:17:48 AM
Anyone do a quick calculation for me. 

3 x £2.50 doubles
1 x £2.50 treble

I took early prices....5/2, 2/1, 9/4.

Collected it yesterday, took the money away I went.  Checked later how much I received at it seemed abit low.  There possibly could have been a rule 4 somehwere I'm not sure......maybe Niall you could fill me in..?

5/2 - 3.00 race
2/1 - 4.40 race
9/4 - 4.50 race

Right... First things first, its Nail and not Niall!!

But thats besides the point, you should have got exactly 164.38 for that bet at those prices you took...

But yesterday there were a LOAD of non runners, and some bookies may have done a rule four on all early prices...

For instance, in the 3.00 Schindlers Son was taken out, and I don't think it was taken out til the afternoon as I write all the non runners out in the morning and cant remember it...

Our Nail Loney

I have worked it out, the amount you got is the amount you would have got if you didnt take prices and paid out on the sp's of:

11/4, 1/1 and 7/4

So the most likely outcome is the silly cashier who edited your bet (input your selections into whatever system the bookies are using) has just put the horses in adn not put the early prices down beside them...

The sp's would pay 109.84

Go back in and ask could they have a look at your bet and say that you took the early morning prices and get your difference, I don't think there will be a rule four for that non runner I was just clutching at straws...

Happens quite regularly, people edit bets for the wrong seections, put in the wrong prces etc, miss out prices... Just go in and explain this to them...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 26, 2009, 11:39:35 AM
Anyone any thoughts on the Grand National yet?

Two words Mick...

Black. Appalachi.

girt_giggler

Went in at lunch time there, went back to the lady who i placed the bet with who is also the same girl i collected the bet from.  When I placed the bet yesterday I handed over a £20 note and got no change and argued a little while til she gave me my change...........so I didnt fancy my chances today........

.....she just said nothing she could do now and that I should have checked it yesterday....

couldn't be bothered argyuing with her today again.  she is quite hot though...

PS Sorry NAIL for the mistaken name!  Never actually noticed til you pointed it out.

Mickey Linden

Did Black Apalachi fall at the first last year Nial? Has the weights been announced? i always pick something int he low weights.

When will the riders be confirmed?

i like Southern Vic myself particularly if Ruby rides

Mac hinery

Hardy, is there any chance you'll do your review for the national again this year?  It's been very kind to the punters in the past.

thewobbler

Keep an eye on Himalayan Trail in the National.

Hardy

Quote from: Mac hinery on March 26, 2009, 08:50:52 PM
Hardy, is there any chance you'll do your review for the national again this year?  It's been very kind to the punters in the past.

I'll be doing it for myself anyway, so I'll stick it up here. It'll be after 1st April - final declarations date (and feast day of fools).

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: girt_giggler on March 26, 2009, 03:13:49 PM
Went in at lunch time there, went back to the lady who i placed the bet with who is also the same girl i collected the bet from.  When I placed the bet yesterday I handed over a £20 note and got no change and argued a little while til she gave me my change...........so I didnt fancy my chances today........

.....she just said nothing she could do now and that I should have checked it yesterday....

couldn't be bothered argyuing with her today again.  she is quite hot though...

PS Sorry NAIL for the mistaken name!  Never actually noticed til you pointed it out.

That is f**king bullshit... Nothing she could do?? You are owed money and you should get it... Go back in and ask to speak to the manager or ring up head office, I dunno whether its due to the hangover I have got or what but I am really pissed off at this!! Tell them they made a f**king mistake and to give you the money!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 26, 2009, 03:24:59 PM
Did Black Apalachi fall at the first last year Nial? Has the weights been announced? i always pick something int he low weights.

When will the riders be confirmed?

i like Southern Vic myself particularly if Ruby rides

Here is the weights here, they will prob be re jigged when more horses are pulled out...

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/racing.sd?race_id=473559&r_date=2009-04-04

Yeah B.A. fell last year... But produced a great round of jumping at Aintree over the national fences there in November..

Riders probably confirmed next week I would say... AP has the pick of about four I think, all JP McManus' horses