The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on January 02, 2016, 02:06:28 PM
Yorkhill going to put in a hell of a display today i reckon,lovely animal.

He is having great success with his p2p purchases. The Wylies have a lovely crop of young horses. Great to see them being kept in Ireland.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bennydorano

The gutters today weren't a great showcase for his talents.

Hardy

And not one stroke of the whip.

Donnellys Hollow

That horse must have a serious engine.

beer baron

Hell of a performance by horse and jockey. I'd say the conspiracy theorists were ready to hang Ruby for making the horse fall when Killultagh almost came down  ::)

Donnellys Hollow

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/10169567/many-clouds-tops-grand-national-weights-at-aintree

QuoteThe Crabbie's Grand National is the only jumps handicap of the year in which British Horseracing Authority's Head of Handicapping, Phil Smith, has absolute discretion over the weights and can deviate from the normal handicap ratings.

SHEEDY

Reports that faugheen has been ruled out of Cheltenham.
nil satis nisi optimum

beer baron

Yeah it's been confirmed. Wonder will Annie go there now? Not much point as i think they've already got the winner.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on February 17, 2016, 02:57:52 PM
Yeah it's been confirmed. Wonder will Annie go there now? Not much point as i think they've already got the winner.

Rich Ricci will want the winner. I think it's a no brainer as long as she comes out of today ok.

Such a shame about Faugheen. His display at Leopardstown the last day was as good as anything Istabraq or Hurricane Fly ever produced IMO. I expected him to produce something special at Cheltenham but that's racing.

beer baron

Annie's as short as 7/4 favourite for the Champion now.  I'll be happy to oppose.

beer baron

I might not be too keen to oppose her now, Arctic fire gone now too,looking a weak renewal, last years first 4 are injured or retired and none of the Novice winners from last year stepped up over hurdles.

ardchieftain

Annie Power 5/2 now. Has to be there or thereabouts surely? The Mullins 4 timer on the first day is now 30/1 which is tempting. Annie Power screwed me both times i've backed her so i won't be going mad.

charlieTully

Would any of you think camping ground is worth an ew punt in the champion hurdle. It seemed to be aimed at the world hurdle but struggled at the bigger distance last time out. Won very well at Christmas and could set a fierce enough pace if runs in the champion. 25/1. Or am I totally clutching at straws?

beer baron

Quote from: charlieTully on February 23, 2016, 10:43:41 PM
Would any of you think camping ground is worth an ew punt in the champion hurdle. It seemed to be aimed at the world hurdle but struggled at the bigger distance last time out. Won very well at Christmas and could set a fierce enough pace if runs in the champion. 25/1. Or am I totally clutching at straws?

Couldn't back him myself but hard to put anyone off anything in the race it's ookingthat open, i'm leaning towards Nichols Canyon or dare i say it The new One at the minute  :-[ Fair chance i'll not have a bet.