The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50fiftyball

What about Road to Riches in the Gold Cup, as an outsider! 10/1 get on it.

charlieTully

Quote from: 50fiftyball on March 13, 2015, 11:31:43 AM
What about Road to Riches in the Gold Cup, as an outsider! 10/1 get on it.

im with you on that.

redzone

Houblon des obeaux big price at 50/1.likes it soft

AZOffaly

What's the current score in the Ireland v Britain tally?

GaillimhIarthair

IRE 11 v GB 12

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

redzone

Shows the importance of a good jockey.if ruby was on conti he prob would have dot him in the
first 4. Noel feilly is rubbish.amazing the amount of horses that led from the front in big races and won. Gold cup,champ hurdle world hurdle

beer baron

Quote from: redzone on March 14, 2015, 08:38:46 AM
Shows the importance of a good jockey.if ruby was on conti he prob would have dot him in the
first 4. Noel feilly is rubbish.amazing the amount of horses that led from the front in big races and won. Gold cup,champ hurdle world hurdle

:o

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on March 14, 2015, 10:31:43 AM

Indeed.

There are a lot of poor jockeys plying their trade at a fairly high level in the UK. Fehily is certainly not one of them.

redzone

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 14, 2015, 11:28:14 AM
Quote from: beer baron on March 14, 2015, 10:31:43 AM

Indeed.

There are a lot of poor jockeys plying their trade at a fairly high level in the UK. Fehily is certainly not one of them.

Yeah im prob comparing him to the way ruby walsh would have rode him which is unfair, plus I wanted him to win. coneygree v silvi conti v Vautor/Douvan/Jackadam at king George next year would be some race. They will prob only run coneygree the same way best mate was run.

beer baron

Thinking of going to Punchestown for a few days,i'm a bit late and i presume Naas will be all booked out,where'd be good to stay outside of that?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on March 21, 2015, 08:52:33 PM
Thinking of going to Punchestown for a few days,i'm a bit late and i presume Naas will be all booked out,where'd be good to stay outside of that?

If it's hotel accommodation you're after then look at the Westgrove in Clane or the Keadeen in Newbridge. You'd should be able to get a taxi to/from either to/from Naas for around €20 if you have a few drinks in Naas after racing.

haveaharp

Anyone hear anything on the grapevine about some potential scandal going to break today ? Possibly something about it on late late show tonight ?

Premier Emperor

Quote from: haveaharp on March 27, 2015, 10:26:23 AM
Anyone hear anything on the grapevine about some potential scandal going to break today ? Possibly something about it on late late show tonight ?
Ruby Walsh!

50fiftyball

Any tips for the weekend, apart from keep my money in my pocket!

See the New One ruled out of defending its title at Aintree.

Barry Geraghty also ruled out of Fairyhouse & Aintree through injury, hoping to be back for Punchestown.