The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Kids have picked, shakalakaboomboom, The rainbow hunter and wife Mr Moonshine, I've went for Balthazar King
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2014, 01:22:02 PM
Kids have picked, shakalakaboomboom, The rainbow hunter and wife Mr Moonshine, I've went for Balthazar King

Similar. Children on Shakal...., Rainbow Hunter, Mr Moonshine and Target something. Myself Long Run and Big Shu.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

maddog

This years theory ;D is to go with tried and tested staying form. These are the horses that have win or placed for at the greatest distance so Teaforthree placed last year over 35f etc. It might help it might not. Ignoring at my peril everything below that. Now to weed these out somehow. Will go for lighter weights, probably ignore cross country form

teaforthree      35   aintree   place      good      grand national
one in a milan      33   uttoxeter   place      heavy      midlands national
big shu      33   punchestown   win      heavy      cross country
balthazar king      31   cheltenham   win      good      cross country
vesper bell      30   punchestown   place      heavy      
hawkes point      29   chepstow   place      heavy      welsh national
mountainous      29   chepstow   win      heavy      welsh national
monbeg dude      29   chepstow   win      heavy      welsh national
lion na bernai      29   fairyhouse   win      good to soft      irish national
tidal bay      29   sandown   win      soft      
raz de maree      28   cork   win      good to soft      cork national
pineau de re      28   downpatrick   win      good      
across the bay      28   haydock   win      heavy      
alvardo      27   cheltenham   win      good      
rose of the moon      27   sedgefield   win      soft      

Hardy

I've had a go at it, cutting down that range of stats I used to apply and limiting it to the stats that have been relatively consistent. This throws up

Quito De La Roque (50/1)
Balthazar King (16/1)
Burton Port (20/1)
The Rainbow Hunter (28/1)

Monbeg Dude and Big Shu come close behind.

The stats I've used don't separate that top four. If you look at breeding, Irish breds have won 8 of the last 10 and have been placed 29 times out of 40 (72.5%) from approximately 57.4% of the runners. On the other hand, French Breds have won two of the last five, never having won before. Balthazar King, Burton Port, Monbeg Dude and Big Shu are Irish Bred. Quito De La Roque is French.

bridgegael

hard to look past the rainbow hunter.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

beer baron

I've done Alvarado(Maloneys National form is incredible),Our Father because he's always been highly regarded,went off Favourite in the Hennessy off 2lb higher when finishing a disappointing 7th behind triolo d'alene when looking 1 paced,wouldn't put it by the Pipes to have been eyeing this for a while.Did wayward prince too because i've a soft spot for him since he ran 2nd to Siliniaco Conti last year, Only buttons on each though.

Is Carberry definitely riding Monbeg dude? Had a nasty fall yesterday and went to hospital i believe,was working all morning so heard nothing?

muppet

Quito De La Roque

I know absolutely nothing about horses.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

That's the exact translation too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on April 05, 2014, 02:22:59 PM
That's the exact translation too.

I didn't know you spoke Equinian.
MWWSI 2017

Armaghgeddon

Never bet on horse racing but went for double seven

orangeman

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Ahhh I had a least a sweat on for most of the race, I'd picked out Balthazar King and Across the bay at work for the sweep so £8 for second place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

A very eventful race. Great entertainment as always. When you watch what they go through you have to figure Battle Group was the smartest on the course, man or horse.

Donnellys Hollow

Leighton becomes the second Kilcullen man to ride the Aintree National winner in the last 6 years.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?