The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

maddog

Any long term Aintree fancies ? Heard some talk around dessie Hughes' Raz de Maree, don't know much about it other than it winning a Cork national but its a fair old price at 66/1 in a few spots.

Hardy - are you doing your annual stats later in the week ?

Hardy

Not much point, maddog. The stats haven't held up for the last few years. I might take a look to see if they can be tweaked in light of recent trends, but you have to be careful you're not backfitting.

Black Card

My 10 year old son has picked the winner every year for last 4 years in the Grand National.  I put a 2.50 each way bet on for him and he only picks the one horse.  I have yet to copy him in case it jinxes him!

beer baron

Mossey Joe's out of the national and going for the foxhunters,should be a case of get him to jump round and you have a winner,aint usually that easy but i'll be backing anyway a long as he's not a disgustingly short price.

thewobbler

Great stuff Guitar Pete; fast becoming one of my favourite horses.

You got to love Paul Carberry (even if I was calling him names for most of that race).

One race down, one more winner at Aintree than an entire week at Cheltenham. Hate Cheltenham.

beer baron

Sam Waley Cohen on Warne makes an absolute embarassment of everyone else in the field in the foxhunters!

ONeill

Quote from: Black Card on April 01, 2014, 12:45:34 PM
My 10 year old son has picked the winner every year for last 4 years in the Grand National.  I put a 2.50 each way bet on for him and he only picks the one horse.  I have yet to copy him in case it jinxes him!

Does he have 8 legs?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Black Card

Quote from: ONeill on April 04, 2014, 07:38:58 AM
Quote from: Black Card on April 01, 2014, 12:45:34 PM

Does he have 8 legs?

And what exactly does that mean, you are obviously trying and failing as usual to be funny.

Hound

Do PaddyPower not normally pay out for 6 places in the GN? Looks like only offering 5 this year

CornerBackNo2

Shakalakaboomboom 33/1 now 25/1 is my tip

ONeill

FFS Hardy. Get yer finger out. There's children needin fed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AQMP

My donation to the poor bookies fund this year will be via Triolo D'Alene, Shakalakaboomboom and Alvarado.

Sea The Stars

Monbeg Dude with Paul Carberry on board for me. He'll be dropped out, Carberry will take his time and appear on the scene late like only Carberry can !

macdanger2

Quote from: Hound on April 05, 2014, 10:31:04 AM
Do PaddyPower not normally pay out for 6 places in the GN? Looks like only offering 5 this year

Almost certain they used to. Instead this year they're advertising 5 places in a 40 horse race as if it's a giveaway