The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea The Stars

Willie Mullins will have some recovery job to do after the Christmas racing is over! How many is that now?

Champagne Fever 8/15 beaten but ran well
Felix Younger 2/5 was very poor
Arivka Ligeonniere 7/4 beaten but ran okay
Analifet 30/100 pulled up and out for the season
Ivan Grozny 1/1 just beaten
Rennati 9/10 fell at the second last
Moyle Park 5/4 wasn't great

Saying all that he still managed 3 winners yesterday!

ardchieftain

Tullow Tank stayed on well there, thought he was beat but found plenty.

Mullins is definitely having a lean enough time at the moment considering the ammunition he has.

beer baron

Quite odd ride from Ruby on AL, I thought he'd sit just behind sizing Europe,can't remember the horse ever being held up before  ??? Then as if just to sicken me Ruby manages to keep rockyaboya ahead of cause of causes on the run in when i was sure i was gonna get up  :-[

Hardy

My stats-based ratings for the Welsh National:

Highland Lodge     27.35
Vintage Star     24.29
Hawkes Point    23.93
Well Refreshed    23.93
Amigo     23.27
Teaforthree     20.87
Goulanes     20.87
Wyck Hill     20.87
Knock A Hand     20.87
Mountainous     20.87
Red Rocco     20.87
One In A Milan     20.87
Goonyella     20.51
Merry King     20.13
Tour Des Champs     19.87
Chartreux     19.85
Ace High    17.64
Hey Big Spender     17.46
Tidal Bay     17.10
Harouet     16.45

Milltown Row2

Id a fiver each way on Hawkes point. Raging was looking good on last jump. Great race though Tidal bay was looking a bigger threat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardchieftain

Bobs Worth back with a bang.

our_fella

beer baron

Hurricane fly to do the business again today followed home by Jezki,can't have our Conor at all.

The  Topaz Novice chase  looks a lovely race today that could reveal a lot for the year ahead,Morning assembly has been the best horse over here so far to my eyes but Bright New dawn's one i expect to turn out a bit of a star over fences and have him backed for the RSA at Cheltenham so hopefully runs well,but in truth most in the field will fancy their chances since Ballycaseys withdrawal earlier in the week.

p.s any looking to back antepost for Cheltenham Bet victor are Non runner free bet

beer baron

Sprinter Sacre heartbeat rights itself
Sprinter Sacre is due to return to Nicky Henderson's yard today after his heart problem "righted itself", the trainer has said. More to follow . . . 22 mins ago

Took that from the Racingpost website,can this actually happen?Henderson was hardly at any carry on with as good a horse as SS?

our_fella

Quote from: beer baron on December 29, 2013, 09:37:10 AM
Hurricane fly to do the business again today followed home by Jezki,can't have our Conor at all.

The  Topaz Novice chase  looks a lovely race today that could reveal a lot for the year ahead,Morning assembly has been the best horse over here so far to my eyes but Bright New dawn's one i expect to turn out a bit of a star over fences and have him backed for the RSA at Cheltenham so hopefully runs well,but in truth most in the field will fancy their chances since Ballycaseys withdrawal earlier in the week.

p.s any looking to back antepost for Cheltenham Bet victor are Non runner free bet

Your the boy!

illdecide

HF done the business again...what a horse.  That horse has made many men a lot of money over the years.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

beer baron

Lovely Stuff by Hurricane fly again today, i booked a trip to Cheltenham a few weeks back with one of the key reasons being i didn't want to miss it if he managed to win a 3rd Champion Hurdle, it'll be very tough for him to do so but at the minute it's far from impossible and all going well i'd expect a place at least unless a few horses come from nowhere.

Quite disappointed that Carlingford Lough won The Topaz today and i'd say it was experience really that won it for him and would be surprised if he turns out the best of the field, as for my Bright new dawn i thought he jumped beautifully bar 2 jumps to the right and if Davy can get him to settle he'll be worth following in future  :D

Shanahans turn who won the Maiden hurdle could be a nice horse to follow too.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on December 29, 2013, 07:32:43 PM
Lovely Stuff by Hurricane fly again today, i booked a trip to Cheltenham a few weeks back with one of the key reasons being i didn't want to miss it if he managed to win a 3rd Champion Hurdle, it'll be very tough for him to do so but at the minute it's far from impossible and all going well i'd expect a place at least unless a few horses come from nowhere.

Quite disappointed that Carlingford Lough won The Topaz today and i'd say it was experience really that won it for him and would be surprised if he turns out the best of the field, as for my Bright new dawn i thought he jumped beautifully bar 2 jumps to the right and if Davy can get him to settle he'll be worth following in future  :D

Shanahans turn who won the Maiden hurdle could be a nice horse to follow too.

Enjoy. The Tuesday of Cheltenham week is the best sporting atmosphere I've experienced apart from your own county in the All Ireland Final.

Great race today. Throw in the two horses who fought out the finish of the Kempton hurdle and possibly Un De Sceaux and we have a vintage renewal ahead of us. It will be incredible if three or four of them jump the last together. I find it hard to understand why Hurricane Fly isn't clear favourite.

I'd agree with regard to the Topaz. Morning Assembly looks the horse with the most scope to improve but I've yet to see a superstar in waiting among this season's novices on both sides of the Irish Sea. I've a few antepost bets on Ballycasey but I would like to see him getting more experience. That Sun Alliance nearly always goes the way of a real hardy sort.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 29, 2013, 07:47:16 PM
I find it hard to understand why Hurricane Fly isn't clear favourite.

I can't see any reason either, other than the weight of English money combined with Channel 4 hype. They way they were going on you'd think there were only two horses in it.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on December 30, 2013, 10:52:02 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 29, 2013, 07:47:16 PM
I find it hard to understand why Hurricane Fly isn't clear favourite.

I can't see any reason either, other than the weight of English money combined with Channel 4 hype. They way they were going on you'd think there were only two horses in it.

Proven championship race form should always trump potential which is all that the second season novices have at the moment. Racing Post Ratings have him 1 lb inferior to The New One and My Tent Or Yours which is ridiculous. The latter couldn't go past Champagne Fever last March.

I don't think Hurricane Fly will ever get the credit he deserves on either side of the Irish Sea. I can understand the subconscious bias of the English but he doesn't seem to generate half the affection from the Irish racing public that Istabraq received despite having very few flaws and turning up to every single c**k fight year in, year out.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?