The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Not as bad as it could have been Hardy. Managed to get some of it back in-running after they turned in.

Ballydoyle's tactics were poor. Their runners needed a strong pace and not the dawdle they went at.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Looks like the National hunt is back proper now  :D Some nice performances today from Defy logic,Don Cossack and rule the world and Mick Winters horse racing pulse in the bumper at Galway was mightily impressive too, let the fun begin  :D

bcarrier

Akorakor not ready today ? Has to be better than that.

beer baron

I think the drift said it all,i'd say he had a few too many carrots over the winter and will look a lot better next time out

Donnellys Hollow

Taquin Du Seuil makes his chasing debut at Ffos Las this afternoon. He should take high rank among the novices.

harlechman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 29, 2013, 10:37:36 AM
Taquin Du Seuil makes his chasing debut at Ffos Las this afternoon. He should take high rank among the novices.
I think we'll be seeing plenty of winner arising from that Neptune last season, that was a high class renewal with The New One, Pont Alexandre, Rule The World and TDS.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: harlechman on October 29, 2013, 12:51:02 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 29, 2013, 10:37:36 AM
I think we'll be seeing plenty of winner arising from that Neptune last season, that was a high class renewal with The New One, Pont Alexandre, Rule The World and TDS.

He's on the easy list for the season unfortunately.

take_yer_points

I'm for Dundalk on Friday evening lads - any hints, tips or advice would be much appreciated!

beer baron

Not a bad card today at Punchestown today, Mullins sends another interesting French recruit in the 1st and then there's a cracking looking beginners chase later in the card with Clonbanan lad who ran a good debut over fences at Listowel,Our Vinnie who was running a nice race in the Albert Bartlett before being brought down and Morning Assembly who won a grade 1 hurdle at the Punchestown Festival all involved and there's a Gigginstown horse Si Cetait Vrai that i know nothing about getting well backed,could be a race to throw up a few future winners.

beer baron

Just looking at the bumper there and i see Toe the line is 7/4,i think that could prove to be a big price,the horse she beat 1st time out has subsequently went off and demolished a field in Cork last week and apparently has been bought by Mc Manus for quite a few bob. It's not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination but i've a funny feeling if Mullins was the trainer of toe the line she'd be close to odds on. I'm hoping to get myself a few bob out of it anyway  ;)

Milltown Row2

Off to Down Royal Friday and Saturday, any tips lads don't be afraid to throw them up, AP McCoy is on a few horses looking to hity the 4000 mark this weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on October 30, 2013, 04:01:43 PM
Just looking at the bumper there and i see Toe the line is 7/4,i think that could prove to be a big price,the horse she beat 1st time out has subsequently went off and demolished a field in Cork last week and apparently has been bought by Mc Manus for quite a few bob. It's not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination but i've a funny feeling if Mullins was the trainer of toe the line she'd be close to odds on. I'm hoping to get myself a few bob out of it anyway  ;)

Expect Patrick will be awarded that one off his cousin in the steward's room. I'd always be wary of John Kiely's horses in bumpers. They're all up for sale and he likes them to be held up and produced very late because he thinks that makes them more marketable. Most bumpers turn into a 3 furlong sprint and it pays to be in a handy position when they kick.

Morning Assembly was quite impressive. He's only had 7 runs so there should be a load of improvement in him. He looks like a real stayer for the future.

bcarrier

Sam Twiston Davies riding Tidal Bay and Unioniste for Nicholls at the weekend.

Nick Schofield getting the Down Royal rides apparently.

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 30, 2013, 04:30:02 PM
Quote from: beer baron on October 30, 2013, 04:01:43 PM

Expect Patrick will be awarded that one off his cousin in the steward's room. I'd always be wary of John Kiely's horses in bumpers. They're all up for sale and he likes them to be held up and produced very late because he thinks that makes them more marketable. Most bumpers turn into a 3 furlong sprint and it pays to be in a handy position when they kick.

Morning Assembly was quite impressive. He's only had 7 runs so there should be a load of improvement in him. He looks like a real stayer for the future.

Yeah Morning assembly looked quite good alright,there was about a length between the 1st 3 at the 2nd last and come the line he's about 4 lengths clear off the well punted 2nd. I'd expect Our Vinnie to improve a tonne for that run,not sure where he finished but the trip was probably too short anyway and the big drift before the off told the story,bit annoyed with Myself after having a decent bet on that Toe the line,i'd usuallyonly put peanuts on a bumper unless i know something the bookies don't, oh well i'll learn yet  :-[

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2013, 04:22:47 PM
Off to Down Royal Friday and Saturday, any tips lads don't be afraid to throw them up, AP McCoy is on a few horses looking to hity the 4000 mark this weekend
Quote from: take_yer_points on October 30, 2013, 09:34:12 AM
I'm for Dundalk on Friday evening lads - any hints, tips or advice would be much appreciated!
After that last 1 you'll not be wanting any tips off me lads

Donnellys Hollow

Our Vinnie is probably a long term plot for the four miler at Cheltenham.