The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on March 14, 2013, 04:36:47 PM
Anyone seen a winner since Tuesday?

f**king carnage going on with these horses this week, bookies cleaning up... getting away with places on lucky 15s but generally this has been lottery stuff - had a couple e/w trebles let down by one horse twice this week which would have netted a nice few bob but generally about 25% down so far this week

tomorrow wont get much better either!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hardy

Two good days for me - not hard with a lot of fancied horses winning - but most of it given back today. Hoping for Arabella Boy to get me out. I'd say that's the situation with many. The wrong horses all won today. Though there was every reason to fancy Solwhit and I even made a case to myself this morning that First Lieutenant couldn't win and Cue Card was the one. But I didn't back him. Can I tell you why? No.

thewobbler

I went through the cards last night and there was not one race that I could even create a shortlist of three for. Super competitive and full of question marks throughout. Still I was stupid enough to back a few. Never going to win.

Silvianico Conte tomorrow.

ardchieftain

After a great Tuesday and a few winners yesterday i am back to square one, have the same money left as i started out with.

Hardy, picking horses then not bothering is the bane of my punting life. In the world hurdle i decided Bog Warrior wouldn't win on that ground, and wrote Solwhit on the docket. By the time i got to the front of the queue i decided it is silly to change my mind, and reverted to my original choice. Felt sick afterwards.

Thursday always seems to be a bad day for most.

There's always tomorrow with Our Conor, At Fishers cross and Satisfy all with great chances. Really can't decide on the Gold Cup.

SHEEDY

amateur jockey jt mcnamara airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after a fall from galaxy rock in the 4.40 @ cheltenham. puts it all into perspective.
nil satis nisi optimum

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 14, 2013, 06:14:54 PM
amateur jockey jt mcnamara airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after a fall from galaxy rock in the 4.40 @ cheltenham. puts it all into perspective.

John Thomas was conscious after the fall but he had difficulty breathing and was put in an induced coma. Further update from Dr Adrian McGoldrick at approx 9 o'clock from Bristol Hospital.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mickey Linden

The news about JT puts everything in perspective. Those jockeys are the bravest of brave. It's easy to forget sometimes just exactly what those jockeys risk every day. Pray that jt will be fine

Lecale2

Get well soon. Hoping for good news soon.

Donnellys Hollow

It's a serious neck injury which unfortunately is not good news.

Here's hoping for a speedy and successful recovery for John Thomas. He's one of the finest horsemen I've ever seen and more importantly he's a gentleman.

thewobbler

Awful news.

Out of curiosity, why would someone like JT never have moved to the professional ranks.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: thewobbler on March 14, 2013, 09:28:14 PM
Awful news.

Out of curiosity, why would someone like JT never have moved to the professional ranks.

Weight. Pros have to be able to do under 11 stone to earn any sort of living.

illdecide

Got a tip today for the Henderson's horse in the first race tomorrow (Geraghty on board) but TBH i fancied our Conor for that race...for you guys who actually know a bit whats your verdict?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Sea The Stars

8 handicaps so far, winner returned with SPs of of 28/1, 16/1, 33/1, 25/1, 25/1, 50/1, 16/1, 14/1.

The best idea I had all week was to concentrate on the Grade Ones, although I went and broke my own rule in the Kim Muir and backed Romanesco.

Hope JT makes a full recovery. Probably the top amateur over the last 10-15 years.

Haven't followed the juveniles that much but I would instinctively look to take on any Irish runners.

Bud Wiser

Haven't been on here for a while but I just want to add my best wishes to JT for a speedy recovery. Really hope and pray he is back soon. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

washed_up

thoughts and prayers for a full recovery,concern for him on every racing supppporters mind today