The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

I love cheltenham AP betting. Will check out skinny's one. He knows how to get one right for March.

DH ..What do you make of Finian's Rainbow potentially going the Kicking King route (arkle 2nd) to Gold Cup ?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Tommy French have gone NRNB on all Cheltenham races for anybody in the Lurgan area.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the greatest jockey

finians rainbow didn't get 2m5f in the challow hurdle before cheltenham or the ballymore at cheltenham, travelling well before emptying in both races. didn't even quite get 2 miles at cheltenham last year when captain chris stayed on to beat him. there is no way he will get 3,2f at cheltenham with kauto setting the pace. really like the horse and will be backing him in the victor chandler next week but there's absolutely no way he will possibly run or win in the gold cup unless he falls at the first in the champ chase and ryanair

the greatest jockey

even 1/2 if it can be gotten looks good value on so young tomorrow given he's such a class above everything else in the race

Armaghgael

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 15, 2012, 01:45:21 AM
Tommy French have gone NRNB on all Cheltenham races for anybody in the Lurgan area.

Would that be available in Armagh as well?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Armaghgael on January 15, 2012, 10:04:07 PM

Presumably so. They announced it on facebook.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Don Johnson

Quote from: Armaghgael on January 15, 2012, 10:04:07 PM

Yeah it is.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on January 14, 2012, 10:31:09 PM
I love cheltenham AP betting. Will check out skinny's one. He knows how to get one right for March.

DH ..What do you make of Finian's Rainbow potentially going the Kicking King route (arkle 2nd) to Gold Cup ?

On pedigree he actually has a decent chance of staying 3m+. His sire has got some stayers (albeit moderate ones) and he's out of a Strong Gale mare (usually a good stamina influence). However, he does look a bit short on all his racecourse appearances. I suppose it's possible that he just lacks that extra finishing gear over the shorter trips. He also had a 3m p2p at his mercy when he fell at the last at Inch three years ago. The fact that they've never gone three miles before now would put me off him. I can't think of a previous Gold Cup winner who was having their first attempt at three miles.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Oak Leafer

Massive gamble in the last at Kempton on Nacho Libre!  :o 33s into 9/2!

Was also given 2.50 Southwell Chac Du Cadran.

Mickey Linden

Interesting novice hurdle at Nass tomorrow if they all go to post.

Any thoughts on this DH? I was looking at the form of Distant Memories as flagged up by you. It certainly has some form on the flat and will be some propositon if it takes to the jumping!

Donnellys Hollow

I'm having a small antepost investment anyway now that Mullins has said Samain is probably going to miss Cheltenham. It doesn't look like there are any superstars across the water in this division either. The form of the Limerick race is worth nowt but hopefully he's capable of stepping up. Dylan Ross sets a high standard and Joxer did Midnight Game's form no harm last weekend. However, both those horse's look like they don't have the heart for it. Andrew Lee's horse shouldn't be good enough on the Gowran form.

Taaffe has his string in good order for the first time in a long while and had another good winner for the Hay's at Thurles yesterday. He's a pure gent and deserves a good horse after the miserable few years he has had.

Candyman

4.55 W/Hampton...
Big Market move on for Lizzys Dream... 20's into 5/1 this morning!! Our comrade on here gaa.boy reckons its a good thing!! ;-)

Donnellys Hollow

Our Girl Salley is running over at Ascot tomorrow. Could be a nice bit of placing. The English mares aren't up too much.

Clown

when is a race 1/4 the odds for a placed horse in an each way bet and whens it 1/5 the odds?
does it depend on the size of the field or what?

haveaharp

Quote from: Clown on January 20, 2012, 02:50:49 PM
when is a race 1/4 the odds for a placed horse in an each way bet and whens it 1/5 the odds?
does it depend on the size of the field or what?

Think it depends on whether it is a handicap or not as well