The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

4:50 - Wolves – Frederickthegreat fancied, currently 2/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lecale2

Don Johnson

Tom Segal thinks the value in the King George lies with Kauto @ 5/1.

Boyles the only place online at the minute still offering the 5/1 though.

Donnellys Hollow

Cracking little novice hurdle at Sandown tomorrow - Fingal Bay, Simonsig, Sizing Symphony & Jump City.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Denn Forever

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 01, 2011, 10:59:42 AM
Cracking little novice hurdle at Sandown tomorrow - Fingal Bay, Simonsig, Sizing Symphony & Jump City.

And the winner will be...
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 01, 2011, 11:02:14 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 01, 2011, 10:59:42 AM

And the winner will be...

I wouldn't like to call a winner of it. My hunch is that Simonsig will be the best of them by the end of the season. Will be waiting to see a betting market before deciding whether to have a punt or not (pity there's not another runner to make it the dead 8 for e/w purposes). Whoever wins it will be a warm order in the antepost markets.

Donnellys Hollow

Fingal Bay looks the business on the back of that performance. Not sure we'll have a novice over here to match him.

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

ardchieftain

Can't see past Sizing Europe in the Tingle Creek. All his best performances have been over 2m.

Didn't the Aintree meeting used to be on a sunday? Have been doing well in recent years in the 2 races over the national fences. Frankie Figg loves the fences and if, like last year, he can avoid that one stupid mistake he will win again. In the longer race i can't get away from Niche Market, who was going well in the national until the final half mile and who ran an absolute stormer against denman over 3m2 a few seasons back. He is due a decent win.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Armaghgael on December 02, 2011, 06:40:14 PM
Mid Mon Lady 9.25 Dundalk

Heard that one myself and Byron Beauty also in the 8.30 so gonna chance an e/w double
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bcarrier

best novice hurdle of year at sandown today imo.

cant have sizing 2mrw but no idea what wins.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on December 02, 2011, 11:20:06 PM

Can't have him myself either. Gruelling race over 3 miles last time out and the times suggested the ground at Sandown today was softer than the going description. Was happy enough to support Wishful Thinking each way before the withdrawals but the value in doing that has gone now. I'm not sure Kauto Stone is up to much. The race the last day was of the egg and spoon variety and I think the 'Kauto' factor is influencing the price. People choose to ignore that it also makes him a brother to Kauto Relko who has won the grand total of one race - a maiden hurdle down at Mallow.

Gigginstown should have their usual few winners at Fairyhouse tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how the Mullins pair get on in particular - Sir Des Champs and Toostrong. Elsewhere, fancy Knight Pass and Drumbaloo e/w at Sandown. Realt Mor could be a good chasing recruit at Wetherby. Another strong looking maiden hurdle at Liverpool tomorrow. Keys (now with Henderson) and Cinders And Ashes clash for the first time since they fought out the finish to that good bumper at Cheltenham on New Year's Day. It's A Gimme could only manage 4th that day.

The Worker

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: bcarrier on December 02, 2011, 11:20:06 PM

Must say I think he's a cracking bet and am delighted with the 7/4 given that his major opposition according to the bookies is a Novice.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: hardstation on December 03, 2011, 01:31:33 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 16, 2011, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 15, 2011, 11:06:06 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 04, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 03, 2011, 09:43:31 PM
I think Staying Article in the same yard is a horse with a lot more potential.

Where has this horse gone to?

I don't know why he didn't race after his maiden win last year but he was entered at Naas last weekend but didn't run because of the heavy ground. He has been bought by Thomas Barr over the summer.

Staying Article runs in the second race at Fairyhouse tomorrow.

Being punted off the boards since last night. Must be ready.
:)

;)

Edward likes to get his price....