The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Finger On The Pulse comes out tops in the Paddy Power Gold Cup Stats. 80 on Betfair.

the greatest jockey

county hurdle maybe dh?

chicago grey being plotted for one of the nationals by elliot and carberry today, ran so far off the pace it was never getting into the race. loosen my load was very disappointing in the paddy power, off the bridle very early on

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: the greatest jockey on November 12, 2011, 02:48:52 PM
county hurdle maybe dh?

chicago grey being plotted for one of the nationals by elliot and carberry today, ran so far off the pace it was never getting into the race. loosen my load was very disappointing in the paddy power, off the bridle very early on

For Unaccompanied? I'm sure DK will try her over 2m4 at least once before the spring to see if she could take on Quevega. Hattons Grace might be the one with Hurricane Fly possibly waiting until Christmas after the Morgiana. Thousand Stars hardly a walkover there though. I'm sure they probably have Melbourne in the back of their minds though. Moyglare have hardly kept her in training to mop up listed hurdles and the likes.

I wouldn't be keen on Chicago Grey at Liverpool. I think he has to be dropped out and that won't do over the big fences. He blew out big time at Ayr last season too.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

the greatest jockey

think 2m4f might be a stretch, fighting fifth, christmas hurdle could be good pots, english 2m hurdlers look very poor.

thought dylan ross would be close to dds on tomorrow and hes 5/2 with bet365, mikael dhaguenet getting nice weight from opposition, 7/2 isnt a bad price considering.

montbazon nap of the day in the bumper at cheltenahm, second to steps to freedom in the garde one bumper at the aintree festival. suprised hes stil running in these and is surely way ahead of the field

Donnellys Hollow

That's a nice price about Dylan Ross. Has looked quite smart so far in his short career. Wouldn't want to be having a bet in either the Lismullen or the Fortria. Interesting to see how Wylie's first horse with Willie Mullins gets on in the opener.

Really like the chances of Whatwillwecallher down at Limerick. She went from strength to strength in bumpers and Tyner is in great form. Could be a shrewd purchase for JP. He should win the other maiden hurdle too with Jenari who jumped poorly at Galway and looks a bit of a bridle horse but should outclass poor opposition here.

The Cheltenham card looks trappy. Will wait to see how the ground is riding before deciding whether to punt Moon Dice. Looking forward to seeing Fingal Bay in the novice hurdle - looked a decent prospect at Chepstow. That bumper always throws up a good horse. Montbazon easily has the best form but I'm not sure about King's form and to be honest Thornton has been riding poorly since his return from injury. Won't have a bet myself but I liked Mags Mullins' Vinnie Roe horse at Gowran.

Donnellys Hollow

Market told the story in the For Auction. Not sure that Italian horse is up to much so not sure Dylan Ross will be worth following up in grade. Boston Bob looks a nice horse but it was a very moderate maiden hurdle. Murphy will be pleased with his double.

Really likeable show from Whatwillwecallher at Limerick. Backed as if defeat was out of the question and won accordingly. She jumped really well.

Al Ferof did what he was entitled to at Cheltenham. Shaping up to be a very hot Arkle with the likes of Peddlers Cross, Menorah, Sprinter Sacre and possibly Solwhit. Think Moon Dice would have gone close but for getting wiped out turning in. Should be on a nice mark for March as a result. Fingal Bay won comfortably despite a bad mistake two out - I think he'll need three miles on quicker ground though.

Don Johnson

Just seen on Twitter:

'Exciting Willie Mullins-trained hurdling prospect Lovethehigherlaw died on the gallops on Sunday morning'

Very sad. Was at the top of the betting for some of the Cheltenham antepost markets too.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 13, 2011, 04:26:31 PM
Just seen on Twitter:

'Exciting Willie Mullins-trained hurdling prospect Lovethehigherlaw died on the gallops on Sunday morning'

Very sad. Was at the top of the betting for some of the Cheltenham antepost markets too.

Such a shame. Was looking forward to seeing him and Waaheb scrapping it out again over timber.

Apparently Pandorama is out for the season now as well.

Don Johnson

Nicholls put this up today about Kauto (I won't be backing him though):

http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/paul-nicholls/latest-news/paul-nicholls-kauto-star-primed-for-betfair-chase-141111.html

IF anybody mentions the "R" word to me this week, then they can expect a short conversation!

In all seriousness, let's just concentrate on the horse, shall we?

It was only two runs ago, in March, that I momentarily thought Kauto Star may just win his third Gold Cup. And that is not just my biased eyes, as he traded at odds-on in running on Betfair, too.

And as those who were at Exeter for his recent racecourse gallop will have seen, Kauto Star looks fantastic at the moment, and is as alert as ever at home, never missing a trick. He has been working with all his customary verve and enthusiasm, and goes to the Betfair Chase at Haydock on Saturday 100% fit and well.

And, with the current ground and a dry forecast, there should be no excuses for him at Haydock.

Of course, he faces a very stiff task against the likes of Long Run and horses of the class and potential of the best-when-fresh Diamond Harry, Donald's back-to-form Weird Al and the up-and-coming Time For Rupert.

Only eight are entered ( I wasn't surprised to see Grands Crus not entered for the race at midday) but it looks a top class Betfair Chase.

But there is no point worrying about the opposition, I can't do anything about them.

Although Kauto Star won this race first time up in 2009 (the last of his three wins in the race), you don't tend to have Gold Cup winners hard fit for their reappearances and that gives us all hope that Long Run can be beaten, just as he was in the Paddy Power last season.

And, although Nicky had a winner and had some horses run big races at Cheltenham, it could be that his horses are not quite at concert pitch at the moment. But Kauto Star is and he won't fail through lack of fitness.

He did two canters up the hill today, will do will three tomorrow, will school on Wednesday and do some strong work on Thursday, with either Master Minded or Big Buck's, another two canters on Friday and will travel up to Haydock early Saturday morning.

And the afternoon will show us exactly where we are with Kauto Star.

Donnellys Hollow

I can never recall the Fat Controller ever giving a negative update about one of his horses (particularly one of his stable stars) prior to their reappearance. It's only afterwards that he finds excuses for them: needed the run, bad ground, slight hiccup in training etc.

Kauto Star and Denman will be lucky to win a race between them for the rest of their careers IMO.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 04, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 03, 2011, 09:43:31 PM
I think Staying Article in the same yard is a horse with a lot more potential.

Where has this horse gone to?

I don't know why he didn't race after his maiden win last year but he was entered at Naas last weekend but didn't run because of the heavy ground. He has been bought by Thomas Barr over the summer.

Staying Article runs in the second race at Fairyhouse tomorrow.

Clown

any good soul with access to a bet calculator work out what this gets me?

40pence each way lucky 15  -

4/1 placed
10/1 placed
4/1 placed
8/1 winner

thanks in advance!

Oak Leafer

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 15, 2011, 11:06:06 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 04, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 03, 2011, 09:43:31 PM
I think Staying Article in the same yard is a horse with a lot more potential.

Where has this horse gone to?

I don't know why he didn't race after his maiden win last year but he was entered at Naas last weekend but didn't run because of the heavy ground. He has been bought by Thomas Barr over the summer.

Staying Article runs in the second race at Fairyhouse tomorrow.

Being punted off the boards since last night. Must be ready.

Don Johnson

Hurricane Fly a non runner for the Morgiana. Just as well I didn't put him in my antepost bet I did the other day.

Staying Article 7/4 -> 4/5 with Paddy Power.