The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 10, 2011, 12:52:45 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 10, 2011, 12:47:41 PM
DH any thoughts on First Lieutenant at Cheltenham on Saturday?

I'd be surprised if he runs. Think Mouse will wait for the Flordia Pearl at Punchestown on Sunday week. Don't think he's keen on the Drinmore.

Liking the price on For Bill today. Shop Dj is too short on what she has achieved and Blazing Tempo ran shtink up north at the weekend.

Absolute massacre towards the end of the Mares chase with half the field falling over the final 2 fences, including the leader over each. Blazing Tempo profited.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ludermor

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 10, 2011, 12:52:45 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 10, 2011, 12:47:41 PM
DH any thoughts on First Lieutenant at Cheltenham on Saturday?

I'd be surprised if he runs. Think Mouse will wait for the Flordia Pearl at Punchestown on Sunday week. Don't think he's keen on the Drinmore.

Liking the price on For Bill today. Shop Dj is too short on what she has achieved and Blazing Tempo ran shtink up north at the weekend.
Im going to Cheltenham on saturday, any horses i should be keeping an eye out for ( obviously i havent got a clue!!)

Donnellys Hollow

The Saturday is always the hardest day of the Open Meeting to find winners in my experience. I'll have a peep at the decs tomorrow.

Great racing tomorrow but you couldn't really have a big bet with any confidence. Steps To Freedom and Cue Card stand out to me in their respective races.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Candyman

Steps to Freedom - Game as FCUK!!  ;D

Donnellys Hollow

Developed into a bit of a sprint which is unsatisfactory looking at the race for future reference. Robbie Power gave him a good confident ride but had Walsh been on the runner up I'm sure that would have been a different result. Daryl Jacob isn't in the same league.

Radda bout yeee

Anyone having trouble with PP website not showing up race cards etc??  >:(

ludermor

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 10, 2011, 07:54:21 PM
The Saturday is always the hardest day of the Open Meeting to find winners in my experience. I'll have a peep at the decs tomorrow.

Great racing tomorrow but you couldn't really have a big bet with any confidence. Steps To Freedom and Cue Card stand out to me in their respective races.
Cheers DH, ill not be putting any bookis at risk!

Clown

Still had my placepot running for Cheltenham til the 2nd last race there, i had 2 in this race - Tiger D'Aron and a non-runner, i take it thats me beat??

the non-runner will go onto the favourite which is Tiger D'Aron??

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ludermor on November 11, 2011, 03:34:27 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 10, 2011, 07:54:21 PM

Cheers DH, ill not be putting any bookis at risk!

I couldn't tip shit from a bucket at the moment!

Don't really fancy anything in the big race. Daves Dream possibly e/w. Restless Harry in the last is a long way clear on hurdles ratings should he take to fences.

bridge fan

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 11, 2011, 03:19:18 PM
Anyone having trouble with PP website not showing up race cards etc??  >:(

yea and couldnt get working today at all internet explorer wont let the page load had to use google chromebut got sorted and had a decent bet on thanks for that @ 9s

boojangles

I'm going to go against the grain and side with DH in the PP Gold Cup!
Daves Dream at 12/1 looks like value. Apparently had a breathing op over the summer. However at 25/1 Poquelin has to be backed IMO. Very unpredictable and top weight but a very talented horse on his day.

beer baron

People could do worse than have a copper or 2 e/w on Loosen my load in the big 1 today! He was 5 or 6 lengths behind wishful thinking in the Jewson last March after not settling and he's in receipt of 11 pounds tomorrow yet he's about 16/1 whereas wishful thinking's about 6/1!

bridge fan

Donnellys Hollow

Great to see Quel Esprit put in a clear round at Naas. Still a serious prospect IMO.

Good reappearance from Unaccompanied too. Hard to know what route they'll go with her. She might struggle against Hurricane Fly and co and probably wouldn't have sufficient stamina to run in the two and a half mile mares races.