The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

If you can overlook his last run at Dundalk which surely was to blow away the cobwebs I think you would have to fancy Carlito Brigante in 2.45 Wetherby. Still 4/1 with 8 runners. Looks to be a horse that can improve.

Declan

Pals of mine have a yoke running in the 4.00 at Naas today - Medical card (worth an ew I was told)

haveaharp

How did Davy Russell just get beat on that far away so close. Should be shot.

Lecale2

Quote from: Declan on October 29, 2011, 02:10:35 PM
Pals of mine have a yoke running in the 4.00 at Naas today - Medical card (worth an ew I was told)

Beat.

sammymaguire

Quote from: haveaharp on October 29, 2011, 03:32:09 PM

There was strong word around for Monastrell in that race and if you had backed Mystic Desir in the opener at Naas you would be double sick, it was worse
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 29, 2011, 05:20:35 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on October 29, 2011, 03:32:09 PM

There was strong word around for Monastrell in that race and if you had backed Mystic Desir in the opener at Naas you would be double sick, it was worse

Poor ride out of Robbie Power alright. Crazy getting involved so early on such bad ground and at such a stiff track like Naas.

Far Away So Close is a bit of a hound and Nolan's horses are running below form so far this season. Meade's on the other hand appear to be flying.

Very impressed with the bumper winner Don Cossack. Looks a very promising animal for Elliott/O'Leary.

Disappointed with Our Girl Salley. Never looked like landing a blow but the trip was probably stretching her on that ground. Great ride out of Timmy Murphy (who said he was finished) on Weird Al in the Charlie Hall. I doubt we saw any Gold Cup winner though.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 29, 2011, 01:47:51 PM
Race of the day has to be the Kildare Senior Footballers Sweepstakes. Eddie McCormack teaming up with his old clubmate Willie McCreery taking on Sos Dowling! Hard to look past Dermot Weld's horse though.

Claire Anne O'Brien takes bolts in for Boots Madden.

Disappointing show from Sos, Eddie and Ronan Walsh!

Mickey Linden

Probably the worst betting weekend of my entire life. Born to sea and famous name double is last roll of dice

Family guy

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 30, 2011, 08:25:40 AM
Probably the worst betting weekend of my entire life. Born to sea and famous name double is last roll of dice

Welcome to my world mickey

Donnellys Hollow

Famous Name is a NR. DK should win it anyway with Zaminast as long as the rain stays away. Has a good chance in the first as well with a half-sister to Mad About You.

bridge fan

leroy parker and donnas palm e/w double

bridge fan

Quote from: bridge fan on October 30, 2011, 01:23:18 PM
leroy parker and donnas palm e/w double

3rd and 1st and money made :) :)

Sea The Stars

Look out for two horses in tonight's Melbourne Cup: The Verminator and Tullamore priced up at 100/1 and 25/1 respectively.

Oak Leafer

Are you advising a punt on these 2 Sea the stars?

Sea The Stars

I will be punting them Oak Leafer.

Tullamore has run some creditable races this season most notably staying on behind Southern Speed in the Caulfield Cup and then finished runner-up to tonight's favourite Amercain on Cox Plate day, but meets that rival on 5kg (10lbs) better terms this round. Add in the fact that he's trained by the queen of Australian racing, Gai Waterhouse, and he's a nice bet at 25/1.

The Verminator is a bit more of a punt from the left field but he won the Wyong Cup (listed race) and the Metroplolitian (Group 1 and a good trial for the Melbourne Cup) already this season. Unfortunetly he will have to overcome a bad run on Saturday in the Mackinnon Stakes where he finished second last.

I should add that the track is reported to be Dead4 (equivalent of yielding in Ireland) and both these runners have run well on dead tracks previously.