The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Oak Leafer

Sorry Sammy stable connections only got word through late....missed the better price myself

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on October 07, 2011, 03:41:56 PM
Quote from: Oak Leafer on October 07, 2011, 03:23:18 PM
3.40 York - Pearl Secret Very nice prospect according to David Barron. Been backed into 6s from 11s.

7.30 Dundalk Seanie

Won at punchestown a few weeks back at 40/1

:o

There aren't many 2yos winning around Punchestown these days.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Armaghgael

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 07, 2011, 04:19:14 PM
3.40 York - Pearl Secret Very nice prospect according to David Barron. Been backed into 6s from 11s.

7.30 Dundalk Seanie

Found it a bit strange myself DH. Must be a good one :D :D
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on October 07, 2011, 04:02:14 PM
Sorry Sammy stable connections only got word through late....missed the better price myself

jaysus no bother man, wasnt a dig or anything, just wasnt around earlier at that time. I like the look of Murtagh's chances on Saint By Day in the 8.30 - 10/1 although its a competitive looking affair and might need to rub of the green in running to get its nose home in front
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on October 07, 2011, 04:43:09 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 07, 2011, 04:19:14 PM

7.30 Dundalk Seanie

Found it a bit strange myself DH. Must be a good one :D :D

High Chaparral won his maiden at Punchestown many moons ago. I think that was the last year of flat racing there before all the drainage problems.

Steaming into Strong Suit tomorrow. Suspect he'll go off odds on. Going to chance this Wading e/w in the Rockfel. Really liked the way she won on the AW and bred in the purple.

OverTheBlackSpot

Cross I missed Seanie the last time, young cub called Sean. Its 9/2 today some change !

Family guy

Any 1 here use bet fair??Know of a horse thats out tomorrow just out for the run,was thinking of laying it have never done it before tho is it easy to do??

sammymaguire

Have you lads of money to put into a betfair account?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Family guy

Not sure of what way betfair works tho??I know that youl have to put in whatever your gona stand to lose which might have to be alot.Does any of you guys use it to lay??

sammymaguire

Quote from: Family guy on October 07, 2011, 10:15:31 PM
Not sure of what way betfair works tho??I know that youl have to put in whatever your gona stand to lose which might have to be alot.Does any of you guys use it to lay??

If you want to lay the horse, say it's 4/1, you stick up the £50 to win £10, it loses you win £10. It's only really worth laying horses that price and lower, otherwise, you could be putting up big money to win tiny stakes and it's not nice if you get stung and the horse does win. Sometimes better to do it whilst the race is on although it can be tricky if you are not used to using the site
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Sea The Stars

Well if you're laying 4/1 to win 10Eu, you only need 40Eu in your account - not 50Eu.

As for laying a horse you know won't win......chances are you aren't the only one who knows this and the horse will be a big price where liquidity (people interested in trading on it) will be low.

But it's straightforward to do if you are happy with your end of the bargain.....

Newmarket is on a week early this year to accomodate Champions Day. The Middle Park and the Dewhurst on the same day on the same card over 6f and 7f respectively? Dosen't seem right. Rename one and move it to Ascot next week?

Anyway, don't know much about the English 2yos so I'll have a go at Reply, Power and Wading. Hopefully Ballydoyle are equal to my hopes !!

Over the jumps, looks like Silviniaco Conti and Cue Card is the race to look out for. I took a shine to Silviniaco Conti last year after he won the Ascot Hurdle, and would think he'd have better credentials to make up into a chaser than his adversary, Cue Card.

Ballydoyle are raiding the US again after the successes of Cape Blanco and Treasure Beach. This timeTogether seeks a first G1 in the First Lady and Zoffany bids to win the Shadwell Turf Mile - both at Keeneland. 

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 08, 2011, 09:21:05 AM
Newmarket is on a week early this year to accomodate Champions Day. The Middle Park and the Dewhurst on the same day on the same card over 6f and 7f respectively? Dosen't seem right. Rename one and move it to Ascot next week?

It's farcical. The crowd in charge of racing in the UK are almost as bad as their Irish counterparts and that's saying something. Their new whip rules are proof of that.

They've rightly fecked up the pattern that had been established over centuries. If they were going to do it properly they could have moved the RP Trophy to today and then have the Dewhurst at Doncaster in a fortnight's time. It's a similar situation now next weekend where we now have the QEII over the straight mile (was always run on the round mile for as long as I can remember) and the Champion Stakes over only two furlongs longer on the round course having previously been a straight ten furlongs.

I just hope they don't go messing around with the NH calendar now.

Muzz

What impact rain going to have on strong suit today. Going is still good at the minute.

Muzz

Obviously none! Good call again DH