The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Wouldn't be encouraging anyone to punt that price for a second. I always keep an eye on the bumpers at this time of year for potential novice hurdlers for the winter.

Sword Of Honour is the best I've seen recently but he does seem to lack a bit of scope.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Did it fairly nicely. The second there is no mug. Expect JP to be getting the cheque book out before he goes over timber. The owner Gearoid Costelloe is Curtis' partner if I'm not mistaken.

DK and Oxx have two interesting fillies running tomorrow at Doncaster. I haven't studied either race in great detail or looked at a market but both look to have decent claims on first glance.

maddog

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 07, 2011, 06:36:40 PM
Did it fairly nicely. The second there is no mug. Expect JP to be getting the cheque book out before he goes over timber. The owner Gearoid Costelloe is Curtis' partner if I'm not mistaken.

DK and Oxx have two interesting fillies running tomorrow at Doncaster. I haven't studied either race in great detail or looked at a market but both look to have decent claims on first glance.

Alanza home at 11/4

Armaghgael

If had of been near Toals i would have backed Reply :'( :'( :'( O`Brien strikes again 20/1 :o :o
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Radda bout yeee

so close to a nifty wee double there DH! would have been a nice wee ton on a thursday! lol

Candyman

Got word for a donkey in the last at Laytown: full title (about 8/1)
While placing the bet a guy in the bookies I know mentions there's been a few quid for:
W/Hampton 6.40 -ishiadancer @12/1

The first source has a good strike rate with myself, as for the 2nd who knows...
As per usual do with this as you wish  ;D

Candyman

Lecale2

illdecide

Opinion Poll? what ya reckon?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: illdecide on September 09, 2011, 02:25:04 PM

Glad i didn't back it...Saddlers Rock won. the price was the only thing that put me off it (thank feck)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

haranguerer

Quote from: illdecide on September 09, 2011, 02:30:54 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 09, 2011, 02:25:04 PM

Glad i didn't back it...Saddlers Rock won. the price was the only thing that put me off it (thank feck)

You definitely did back it, and lost a pile of money  :D

Donnellys Hollow

Oxx clearly has his string in flying form. All bodes well ahead of our first glimpse at the last of the Urban Sea foals tomorrow at the Curragh. If he's half as good as his mother or his brothers than he'll be one to look forward to.

boojangles

Word for Beau Michael 7.20 Down Royal. Each way.

boojangles

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 09, 2011, 05:19:59 PM
Oxx clearly has his string in flying form. All bodes well ahead of our first glimpse at the last of the Urban Sea foals tomorrow at the Curragh. If he's half as good as his mother or his brothers than he'll be one to look forward to.

I fancy it to go close tomorrow,i'm usually not overly keen on backing horses first time out but if Oxx is introducing him at this level he must think it's a bit of a machine,Murtagh's on board and i'd safely say he had the choice of Lyons' other 2 as well and he's picked born to sea!