The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Tipp 6.15 group therapy,i reckon today could be his day has been runnin well over in England in good races and run into trouble a few times,only a few lengths behind Masamah last time out and he seems a nice sort so hopefully this boy's too good for sole power today! Johnny Murtagh was down to ride but think he's not available now anyone know who'll be getting the leg up?

Hardy

beer baron

Cheers hardy Keagans well able to ride a winner

beer baron

Group therapy no good today,keep him in the notebook,he's going to win soon,probably in a big field

Family guy

Was told acushladear will win in the 7.50 tipp,wont be goin mad but will double it up with tyrone the mara

bridge fan

maybe and power double for me today  :)

beer baron

The money's coming for Gatepost at the Curragh today,watch his last run and judge for yourself just how many lengths he lost thanks to the 'ride' he was given in defeat to power! ::) I reckon he could reverse the form!

Donnellys Hollow

Big week ahead on the flat racing front and could possibly be a Coolmore benefit looking at the entries.

Cape Blanco and Treasure Beach both look to hold strong claims over in Chicago tomorrow night in the Arlington Million and Secretariat Stakes respectively.

Some big runners at York next week too. I'm a massive fan of Await The Dawn and I suspect he's the best older horse at Ballydoyle. Surprised he's not odds on already for the Juddmonte. Seville is a cracking antepost bet for the Leger at the moment and I'd expect his price will be slashed after the Voltigeur. Requinto is supposedly going to be supplemented for the Nunthorpe by Wachman.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mickey Linden

Probably very foolish to go against you Donnelly but I really like the look of Midday in the Juddmonte. I was very impressed with her last time out and think she might take a lot of the beating and I think 7/2 could be value with Cecil in such good form!

Donnellys Hollow

Midday is a good Group 1 mare but you need a really classy mare to beat the colts. In recent years only the likes of Zarkava, Goldikova and Ouija Board have managed it. I don't think Midday is that calibre of horse.

This may sound like a stupid statement to make at this point in time but I really think that Await The Dawn is the best older horse at Ballydoyle. I think there's a great chance he'll be rated higher than So You Think come the end of the season. He has been campaigned very sparingly and this race must have been the target for a while (a quick glance at his breeding suggests as much given the Juddmonte connection). He turned normally competitve heats like the Kilternan and the Huxley into processions and I was hugely impressed with him in the Hardwicke where the trip and ground were far from ideal. The second and third have since franked the form at Goodwood.

I'm talking him up big time considering he's still yet to race at Group 1 level but I think he will represent Coolmore's best chance in years of ending their Breeders Cup Classic hoodoo.

Just let Seámie ride the horse instead of Joseph.

boojangles

I think Dubawi Gold is a good each way bet at Newbury today. Murtagh on board.5-1.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: boojangles on August 13, 2011, 07:37:03 AM
I think Dubawi Gold is a good each way bet at Newbury today. Murtagh on board.5-1.

No luck in running but doubt he'd have got to Excelebration's hind quarters. Another big compliment paid to Frankel.

Mickey Linden

Anyone got a link to watch the racing at arlington?

beer baron

Mickey Linden

Cheers for that Beer Baron. Just watched the replays there. What a night for Ballydoyle and it also done my own bank balance no harm, again following the advice of Donnelly!