Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: trailer on February 26, 2019, 07:55:19 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on February 25, 2019, 06:13:35 PM
I find seafoids relentless copy and paste irritating. And must admit to finding it pretty ironic that a poster is praised for spamming the board in such an unoriginal way while offering precious little insight from his own opinion which usually  consists of " brexit is insane " or some other variation, which only the most deluded or secluded dont concur with anyway.

I agree. It ruins thread and kills debate. I don't read any of it.

No articles over 500 words unless he provides crib notes to show he has read and understood it?

seafoid

Quote from: LeoMc on February 26, 2019, 07:56:58 AM
I find seafoids relentless copy and paste irritating. And must admit to finding it pretty ironic that a poster is praised for spamming the board in such an unoriginal way while offering precious little insight from his own opinion which usually  consists of " brexit is insane " or some other variation, which only the most deluded or secluded dont concur with anyway.

No articles over 500 words unless he provides crib notes to show he has read and understood it?

I'll just put  the stuff in another thread going forward so you can do your Brexit analysis without getting offended.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2019, 09:14:25 AM

I'll just put  the stuff in another thread going forward so you can do your Brexit analysis without getting offended.

Just post the title and the link?

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on February 26, 2019, 09:16:45 AM

Unfortunately you can't do that with Financial times , certain Irish Times or any Daily Telegraph articles so it's not feasible.  The future of Northern Ireland is in play and there is an economic crash on the way and some people are interested. 
I think a separate thread with an NSFW warning would be the best solution

sensethetone

Keep her lit..

Rossfan

Maith thĂș a Sheaf.
When I see who's giving out about you I know you're alright. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

"The UK government is due to hold emergency talks with industry leaders today after discovering that the country doesn't have the right pallets to continue exporting goods to the European Union if it crashes out without a deal next month.

Pallets are wooden or plastic structures which companies use to transport large volumes of goods. Under strict European Union rules, pallets arriving from non-member countries must be heat-treated or cleaned to prevent contamination, and marked to confirm they meet a series of EU rules.

Most pallets currently used by British exporters do not conform to these rules meaning that British export business could potentially grind to a halt next month in the event of a no-deal Brexit."

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-michael-gove-ministers-to-hold-emergency-meeting-over-no-deal-chaos-2019-2?r=US&IR=T

Denn Forever

This would suggest that the UK never exported to Europe?

Business boom for pallet makers and problems for the Bonfire makers this summer.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 26, 2019, 11:19:14 AM
"The UK government is due to hold emergency talks with industry leaders today after discovering that the country doesn't have the right pallets to continue exporting goods to the European Union if it crashes out without a deal next month.

Pallets are wooden or plastic structures which companies use to transport large volumes of goods. Under strict European Union rules, pallets arriving from non-member countries must be heat-treated or cleaned to prevent contamination, and marked to confirm they meet a series of EU rules.

Most pallets currently used by British exporters do not conform to these rules meaning that British export business could potentially grind to a halt next month in the event of a no-deal Brexit."

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-michael-gove-ministers-to-hold-emergency-meeting-over-no-deal-chaos-2019-2?r=US&IR=T
Brexit is all stick and no carrot

NFU leader

https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1097841785173393409

Gove NFU

https://mobile.twitter.com/PropertySpot/status/1097852933608259584

johnnycool

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 26, 2019, 11:19:14 AM

These self same heat treated pallets are also currently used to ship goods outside the EU as it's a stipulation for shipping into the Middle East and so forth.
Of all the issues on the go, this won't be a big one. Just take the current non treated pallets and treat them.

weareros

Arlene to the rescue again and  will solve the non-conformist pallet problem by shipping them all to Larne and supposedly will have use for them on July 12th. In a gesture to Leo and Simon, she will even put an Irish fleg on top of them.

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2019, 09:36:08 AM
Quote from: trailer on February 26, 2019, 09:16:45 AM

Unfortunately you can't do that with Financial times , certain Irish Times or any Daily Telegraph articles so it's not feasible.  The future of Northern Ireland is in play and there is an economic crash on the way and some people are interested. 
I think a separate thread with an NSFW warning would be the best solution

Ach calm down. Keep posting the ones that are hidden behind a pay wall for us cheapskates.

red hander

Today proves again that Theresa May couldn't lie straight in bed, you cannot trust a word that comes out of her mouth ... that is why it is going to be f**king hilarious when she throws those DUP cnuts under the bus  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: red hander on February 26, 2019, 05:13:15 PM
Today proves again that Theresa May couldn't lie straight in bed, you cannot trust a word that comes out of her mouth ... that is why it is going to be f**king hilarious when she throws those DUP cnuts under the bus  ;D

Let's hope it is bus made in Ballymena, at least.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B