The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

What are people's feelings on soft play areas? I feckin hate them. Currently at one with my Mrs and 6 and 3 year old and the place is mayhem. We're taking turns going in and out to check if the kids are ok but the majority of kids are absolutely feral. Most parents don't seem bothered as long as they fill their faces with coffee and bringing the 12 and 13 year old brothers and sisters to sprint around doesn't help. The worst thing is that my kids love it.  :-\
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2019, 11:51:41 AM
What are people's feelings on soft play areas? I feckin hate them. Currently at one with my Mrs and 6 and 3 year old and the place is mayhem. We're taking turns going in and out to check if the kids are ok but the majority of kids are absolutely feral. Most parents don't seem bothered as long as they fill their faces with coffee and bringing the 12 and 13 year old brothers and sisters to sprint around doesn't help. The worst thing is that my kids love it.  :-\

Relax . . . they'll be fine!!!

I like them if the Mrs is away I'll go to the local one order lunch get the paper and relax while they wreck away.

They have a good time I have a good time everyone's a winner!!

trailer

Wouldn't be caught dead in one. Disease infested shitholes. Your children will be sick for next two weeks. Babies in the ball pool slabbering over everything with good knows what bacteria. Children at the toilets and not washing their hands... get me the f**k out.

Jeepers Creepers

This could be the mission statement of my local one. Used to go early doors on a Sunday mornng which was great. Place to yourself almnost until everyone else clicked on. Otherwise perfectly summed up in your post..unlicensed cage fighting germ emporium.

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2019, 12:03:05 PM

Relax . . . they'll be fine!!!

I like them if the Mrs is away I'll go to the local one order lunch get the paper and relax while they wreck away.

They have a good time I have a good time everyone's a winner!!

Yep, there's plenty of parents like you here.  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on August 14, 2019, 12:15:11 PM

Wouldn't be caught dead in one. Disease infested shitholes. Your children will be sick for next two weeks. Babies in the ball pool slabbering over everything with good knows what bacteria. Children at the toilets and not washing their hands... get me the f**k out.

Builds up their immune systems.

Mother and Smother.

Let them at it I say.

Did a whole pile worse going up, climbed trees, drank water from streams, ate crab apples, blackberries, gooseberries and the likes straight from the hedge, rode bikes with no brakes on the roads, hung off the back of silage trailers and much more.

Kids have shit upbringings nowadays as their parents are far too protective in a bad way.

t_mac

Lazy parenting to tire kids out, on a Sunday usually full of Dads who have been "left" with the kids whilst Mrs nurses a hangover and have no idea how to interact with there young.

general

Babies and Holidays - any one any do's or don'ts?

Myself and the wife are going to a friends wedding in 4 weeks to Italy - the usual Ryanair to and back (Dub - Milan) and renting a car from there. 7 nights.

The wee man will be 4 1/2 Months when we go. Wondering about bringing baby food powder etc? Prams? Car Seat?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: general on August 15, 2019, 10:13:05 AM

Myself and the wife are going to a friends wedding in 4 weeks to Italy - the usual Ryanair to and back (Dub - Milan) and renting a car from there. 7 nights.

The wee man will be 4 1/2 Months when we go. Wondering about bringing baby food powder etc? Prams? Car Seat?

Bring it all. 'Most' airlines will let you check in a car seat for free as extra luggage and prams are put in the hold. Ryanair though...so not surel. Most car rental places we used (spain /portugal) looked to have charge €50+ a week to hire a baby/child car seat, so we always brought our with us for both kids. We always brought our own powder etc as well but a quick google search will tell you of availabilty at your destination.

RedHand88

Haven't been in one in 25 years. Probably wouldn't enjoy it was much now as I did then...

Olly

I'd like to backdate this and  nominate my own father who fathered 16 children.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

omaghjoe

Any one else into this "learning moment" carry on?

I think it does work to an extent eventually but if your late and trying to get out the door and weans are going nuts, spending a few minutes with each one trying to get them draw the "correct conclusion" aint tara for the ole blood pressure.

guy crouchback

bringing the pram on the plane is no problem, you can bring it up to the steps of the plane and they take it off you there. i think the car seat will have to go on as luggage. if you could rent a car seat with the car you might be better off.
its probably the easiest age to travel with a child. between one and 3 its a living nightmare and only gets slightly better as they get older.
not that it ever stopped us going abroad with them at every age but looking back i often wonder was it worth it.

Aristo 60

Quote from: trailer on August 14, 2019, 12:15:11 PM

I'm with him.

weareros

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 15, 2019, 10:26:18 AM

Bring it all. 'Most' airlines will let you check in a car seat for free as extra luggage and prams are put in the hold. Ryanair though...so not surel. Most car rental places we used (spain /portugal) looked to have charge €50+ a week to hire a baby/child car seat, so we always brought our with us for both kids. We always brought our own powder etc as well but a quick google search will tell you of availabilty at your destination.

If there's one way to get your child sick on a vacation is to use a car rental car seat. These are usually infested with every germ, often still have the smell of vomit on them, and old crumbs are usually still caked in. Bring your own, or buy new when you get there.