Gutsy Dubs Deserve Better

Started by The Hill is Blue, September 29, 2013, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

A bit gusty from Eamonn anyway. A whine full of hyperbole and selective memory.
The semi v Kerry the greqatest game ever played?
No-one said a bad word about Donegal last year!

Sidney

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2013, 12:06:20 PM
What a load of nonsense. What the fcuk does it matter what people say when you have the trophy in the back pocket. So the Dubs have won they All Ireland and people aren't giving them enough credit? Inferiority complex much?!!

My answer to any of those questions people are posing would be "We won - f**k up!"

End of!
Ulster people seem to care an awful lot about what us southerners say about them, whether they're winning or not.

Zulu

I'd agree with a good portion of that article but I'm not sure Dublin aren't getting the credit they deserve. People rightly questioned Gavin's response to the cynical fouling near the end and while it wasn't as bad a year as some would have you believe, it wasn't a great year for football either.

Still, Dublin played great football all year and stuck to their guns throughout the championship even though many thought they'd have to change. Their semi-final was a great game and anybody who can't acknowledge that has a warped sense of what a good football game is. I hope their win will lead other teams down that route and that can only be good for the game.

GalwayBayBoy

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't remember many people saying that Dublin weren't fully deserving winners or even disputing that they were the best team in the country this year. Not sure what he's looking for?

Also for some reason when I saw the thread title I knew it had to be an Eamonn Sweeney article.

rrhf

This was Dublins greatest triumph.  Not only were they fit to win they were fit to convince everyone the emperor had clothes.
Now enjoy the win lads well done, but dont expect us to believe the crap spouted by dusty gubs

thejuice

I often found the begrudgery made winning all the more enjoyable.

Sure what's the point of winning if it doesn't sicken your neighbours.

Ah I miss that feeling.  :(
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

rrhf

To take the dubs down to size we are all going to have to chip in and rebuild Meath.  Does anybody even remember where it is?

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on September 30, 2013, 08:14:27 PM
To take the dubs down to size we are all going to have to chip in and rebuild Meath.  Does anybody even remember where it is?

It's behind you!
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Sidney on September 30, 2013, 01:06:16 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2013, 12:06:20 PM
What a load of nonsense. What the fcuk does it matter what people say when you have the trophy in the back pocket. So the Dubs have won they All Ireland and people aren't giving them enough credit? Inferiority complex much?!!

My answer to any of those questions people are posing would be "We won - f**k up!"

End of!
Ulster people seem to care an awful lot about what us southerners say about them, whether they're winning or not.

Yes indeed ;D
It is possible to wind them like a clock once you recognize their oh-so-obvious neediness.

trueblue1234

I think you'll find it's the southerners who are constantly harping on about us Northerners. The whining and wailing that comes from the South whenever a northern team does well could be heard in space. You's even use makey up terms like blanket defence and puke football. Ya's need to all pat each other on the back and pretend ya's are the saviours of football and that your sh!te doesn't stink.

I've news for ya, it does.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

spuds

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 02, 2013, 02:35:01 PM
I think you'll find it's the southerners who are constantly harping on about us Northerners. The whining and wailing that comes from the South whenever a northern team does well could be heard in space. You's even use makey up terms like blanket defence and puke football. Ya's need to all pat each other on the back and pretend ya's are the saviours of football and that your sh!te doesn't stink.

In fairness, the northern poo stink tends to linger a lot longer and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  :o
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

trueblue1234

Quote from: spuds on October 02, 2013, 03:34:38 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 02, 2013, 02:35:01 PM

In fairness, the northern poo stink tends to linger a lot longer and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  :o

You put poo in your mouth???

You southerners really are a different breed!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit