?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: ned on May 20, 2020, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 20, 2020, 02:01:37 PM
I ee Ronny was manager for 3 in a row and then got the sack (almost universal agreement ;D). I read now that he's just been appointed head coach of New York City and the biggest part of his sell to the club and fans was that he managed Celtic fc, one of thee greatest clubs on planet earth, to a Scottish title treble.

Ronny won two. Lennon won the first 3 of the nine, then 2 with Ronny, two with BR and last 2 with Lenny at the helm.
So when we do ten it will be bookend nicely with the Lurgan maestro in charge.
Hmmm, I was led to believe from Illdecide's posts that Ronny was the leader for three in a row. 2013/14; 2014/15 and 2015/16.  I don't know who to trust anymore, If I can't trust Illdecide, then who?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on May 20, 2020, 04:53:57 PM
I ee Ronny was manager for 3 in a row and then got the sack (almost universal agreement ;D). I read now that he's just been appointed head coach of New York City and the biggest part of his sell to the club and fans was that he managed Celtic fc, one of thee greatest clubs on planet earth, to a Scottish title treble.

Ronny won two. Lennon won the first 3 of the nine, then 2 with Ronny, two with BR and last 2 with Lenny at the helm.
Hmmm, I was led to believe from Illdecide's posts that Ronny was the leader for three in a row. 2013/14; 2014/15 and 2015/16.  I don't know who to trust anymore, If I can't trust Illdecide, then who?

Lennon won 2013/14.

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2020, 04:59:35 PM

Lennon won 2013/14.
Are you bidding for my trust?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on May 20, 2020, 05:25:32 PM

Lennon won 2013/14.

No, just making sure Ronnie get the credit he deserves. Which is not much!

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2020, 05:28:11 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 20, 2020, 05:25:32 PM

Lennon won 2013/14.

No, just making sure Ronnie get the credit he deserves. Which is not much!
Therein lies a curious punch line, not much you say  but au contraire,  Ronny with three  two Celtic SPL titles on his CV  can open up massive doors worldwide  with that Celtic cred under his belt   https://www.nycfc.com/post/2020/01/06/ronny-deila-named-new-york-city-fc-head-coach, whereas Lenny ended up with a basketcase of a club, Bolton.   Fair play to Ronny who can manage get seerious milage from his  Celtic connection, enhanced no doubt  with mentions of Virgil every 5 seconds.

skeog

Was it not Jim from Donegal who was the brains behind  Ronny?.

general_lee

I quite liked Ronnie. Came across a bit naive at times but no different than Lennon has done before who I also am a big fan of.

Main Street

Quote from: skeog on May 20, 2020, 06:58:55 PM
Was it not Jim from Donegal who was the brains behind  Ronny?.
:D
He came, no effect.
He left, nobody noticed.

illdecide

I do think Ronnie would be a decent coach TBH but not a great manager, he'd prob work well under NL.

Neil Lennon took dogs abuse from majority of people when re-appointed both in Scotland and here, he's done very well bar a few matches in Europe. But lets not kid ourselves he's 2-3 matches away from being hounded out and fellas saying "told you so, should never have had the job again". Now i suppose that can apply to most managers at big clubs but NL will have his vultures waiting on him to fail.
When his time is up at Celtic (whenever that is) I would love to see him get a decent job in the PL, I know he'll not get a top 6 job but a mid table team that can spend a few quid and won't struggle at the bottom. I think he'd do well, he's a top bloke.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

Yes fair played to NL. Serious pressure on him to win and he's done that. I've been critical of his team selections in Europe and some of the performances against Rangers have been rubbish but overall the trophies are the main thing. It would be brilliant if he could do the 10 in a row next year.

bennydorano

I certainly wasn't gushing in my praise for his re-appointment, but bar a couple of obvious stinker games he's had a really great year, a far more pleasing on the eye team as well, any particular coach getting credit for the more adventurous style of play? Saw a few tweets about Duff but did he leave for the ROI set up?

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on May 20, 2020, 12:18:08 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 19, 2020, 11:45:56 PM
Is James Forrest the only player to be there for all 9 as well as Brown?

So to answer your question...you are in fact "correct".

I was going to argue Calum Mcgregor but he was on loan for a year to Notts

charlieTully

Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2020, 09:33:16 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on May 19, 2020, 08:44:02 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 18, 2020, 08:38:24 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on May 18, 2020, 08:31:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 18, 2020, 12:16:14 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 18, 2020, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: toby47 on May 18, 2020, 09:46:52 AM
Looks like 9 in a row will be confirmed this morning

Looks that way but i'd love it if it could resume in June some time and finish the season properly. The Zombies will always go on about we didn't win it and there'll be an asterisk beside out title when they know clearly they were gone and out of it...
I have seen people who support certain English Clubs,as well as support Celtic,who mention asterisks and null and void everytime it comes up about the Premier League resuming or giving Liverpool the title. Yet those same people never mention it when it comes to Celtic been given the title or null and voiding the SPL. Strange that...

No Celtic fan would support an English club lad.

Just the one club for me pal :)

God lad I know I know. Was a post for the Liverpool supporting kings county boy. It's amazing the amount of gaa lads who can't wait to get on here and have a go. Who needs huns eh.
Kings County is Offaly  ;D

Silly me.

illdecide

Why couldn't the sfa and spfl just have held on for another few weeks before ending the season. We could have started in June like Premier League and finished the season properly. Then we wouldn't have to listen to the sh1te every day since from them cheating low life tax dodging zombies
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

Morales is bound to be the size of a house now. They'll be lucky to get 10 million for him now.