Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: snoopdog on January 29, 2024, 12:51:05 PMQuick question. I have runflats. I got the warning that my tyre pressure was low. So I checked them all. Located the puncture and inflated it back to recommended level. I've driven only a few trips very short distances. Is it fixable? I know most say runflats can't be fixed? 
Colder weather means tyres will naturally lose pressure. If the warning keeps coming back on you'll probably have a slow puncture.

snoopdog

Quote from: general_lee on January 29, 2024, 01:56:37 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on January 29, 2024, 12:51:05 PMQuick question. I have runflats. I got the warning that my tyre pressure was low. So I checked them all. Located the puncture and inflated it back to recommended level. I've driven only a few trips very short distances. Is it fixable? I know most say runflats can't be fixed? 
Colder weather means tyres will naturally lose pressure. If the warning keeps coming back on you'll probably have a slow puncture.
Sorry thought I mentioned there is a screw in it.

general_lee

Quote from: snoopdog on January 29, 2024, 03:16:13 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 29, 2024, 01:56:37 PM
Sorry thought I mentioned there is a screw in it.
Bring it to a tyre centre and see, they might be able to fix it. I had a nail in mine last week, £15 repair. Don't think I've run flats though 

giveherlong

Car tax runs out on 31 Jan and car is out of MOT. Can't get an appointment until March at the earliest. Have this booked. Been on every morning on nidirect trying to get a cancellation but nothing. Is there anyway around this? No doubt if caught by a tax camera I'm in bother 

imtommygunn

Mots have got significantly worse. All I can suggest is you try as many times as you can every day and you may get something. I had two cars in December and I got cancellations absolutely no bother but now I am trying to get my da's mot'd and can't get one in good time for love nor money.

There is this thing called mot hub online you pay 12.99 for and they can basically do some hacking to get you an appointment but I am very sceptical of it. I almost wonder is it causing the booking problem.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: giveherlong on January 30, 2024, 09:57:17 PMCar tax runs out on 31 Jan and car is out of MOT. Can't get an appointment until March at the earliest. Have this booked. Been on every morning on nidirect trying to get a cancellation but nothing. Is there anyway around this? No doubt if caught by a tax camera I'm in bother 

Was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. Just book a test for whatever date comes up, then look to reschedule. When in the reschedule section, keep refreshing the page until a more reasonable date pops up. Might take a fair few refreshes, but something will come up for you.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 30, 2024, 10:26:20 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on January 30, 2024, 09:57:17 PMCar tax runs out on 31 Jan and car is out of MOT. Can't get an appointment until March at the earliest. Have this booked. Been on every morning on nidirect trying to get a cancellation but nothing. Is there anyway around this? No doubt if caught by a tax camera I'm in bother 

Was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. Just book a test for whatever date comes up, then look to reschedule. When in the reschedule section, keep refreshing the page until a more reasonable date pops up. Might take a fair few refreshes, but something will come up for you.

It's not even just getting "caught", as far as I know you will automatically get a fine in the post if your tax ends and no MOT.

Happened to me a couple of years ago, now mine had elapsed by over a month and had to f**k about with a retest so took a lot longer than I thought to pass the MOT & maybe you get a bit of grace
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

giveherlong

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 30, 2024, 10:43:38 PM

It's not even just getting "caught", as far as I know you will automatically get a fine in the post if your tax ends and no MOT.

Happened to me a couple of years ago, now mine had elapsed by over a month and had to f**k about with a retest so took a lot longer than I thought to pass the MOT & maybe you get a bit of grace

FS. Forgot about that. So you get a fine if car isn't taxed by time tax expires and you haven't SORN'd? No chance I'll get sorted by Thursday so might be best to SORN it?

Saffrongael

Quote from: giveherlong on January 30, 2024, 10:47:54 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on January 30, 2024, 10:43:38 PM

FS. Forgot about that. So you get a fine if car isn't taxed by time tax expires and you haven't SORN'd? No chance I'll get sorted by Thursday so might be best to SORN it?

Note sure if you get a month grace, my tax ran out end of October and didn't pass MOT to Xmas, and few days after I passed MOT and got taxed again a letter landed with a £60 fine
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

trueblue1234

Not a problem per se, but looking to get a tow bar on a q7. Anyone know a fitter in the Tyrone/ Omagh area that would be able to do with the electrics.
Also, was advised to put 13 pin on as easier to convert to a 7 with an adapter rather than the other way about. Is that definitely the case?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

WeeDonns

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 06, 2024, 02:41:26 PMNot a problem per se, but looking to get a tow bar on a q7. Anyone know a fitter in the Tyrone/ Omagh area that would be able to do with the electrics.
Also, was advised to put 13 pin on as easier to convert to a 7 with an adapter rather than the other way about. Is that definitely the case?
Have seen this guy's van about. He'll come & fit in the carpark at work
Not sure about the 7 v 13 pin, have seen the adapters - depends on whats on your bikerack/trailer?
West NI towbars

trueblue1234

Quote from: WeeDonns on February 06, 2024, 03:16:51 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 06, 2024, 02:41:26 PMNot a problem per se, but looking to get a tow bar on a q7. Anyone know a fitter in the Tyrone/ Omagh area that would be able to do with the electrics.
Have seen this guy's van about. He'll come & fit in the carpark at work
Not sure about the 7 v 13 pin, have seen the adapters - depends on whats on your bikerack/trailer?
West NI towbars

Hasn't been purchased yet. Borrowing a mates.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Delgany 2nds

Folks ...Petrol VW T Roc has exhaust system fault , filter must be clogged.
Car does low speed /low mileage. Drove the shit out of it on M1 but still the warning light is on ?

Any advice , thanks

tbrick18

Quote from: Delgany 2nds on February 12, 2024, 06:10:49 PMFolks ...Petrol VW T Roc has exhaust system fault , filter must be clogged.
Car does low speed /low mileage. Drove the shit out of it on M1 but still the warning light is on ?

Any advice , thanks
Not sure if its the same for the VW, but my car has to have 3/4 tank of fuel for the regen to kick in.
If only 1/4 even on long run it doesn't kick in.

sensethetone

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 13, 2024, 11:51:19 AM
Quote from: Delgany 2nds on February 12, 2024, 06:10:49 PMFolks ...Petrol VW T Roc has exhaust system fault , filter must be clogged.

Any advice , thanks
Not sure if its the same for the VW, but my car has to have 3/4 tank of fuel for the regen to kick in.
If only 1/4 even on long run it doesn't kick in.

i've heard you have to have the engine management light put off for car to complete a regen.
it won't regen with light on. then the filters get clogged.