26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Rossfan

Quote from: gallsman on August 28, 2020, 07:32:13 AM
Since when were being a millionaire and "not being on the breadline" the same thing??
Angelo is pure comedy gold😄
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Quote from: andoireabu on August 28, 2020, 08:34:02 AM

Someone who goes into a shop without a mask or stays in a bar for 110 minutes shouldn't lose their job as an accountant or librarian or whatever, but they are liable for a €2,500 fine. 

Not true by the way. The max fine upon conviction is indeed €2,500 but the level of the fine and its imposition or otherwise in each case is up to a judge to decide based on the facts of the case.

Angelo

Since when were being a millionaire and "not being on the breadline" the same thing??

When someone cited the hardship he has fallen on since he lost his ministerial job.

The less you contribute, the smarter you come across.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

andoireabu

Quote from: five points on August 28, 2020, 10:30:03 AM

Someone who goes into a shop without a mask or stays in a bar for 110 minutes shouldn't lose their job as an accountant or librarian or whatever, but they are liable for a €2,500 fine. 

Not true by the way. The max fine upon conviction is indeed €2,500 but the level of the fine and its imposition or otherwise in each case is up to a judge to decide based on the facts of the case.

Fair enough but should a judge decide, then the person in the shop without a mask could have to pay €2,500 no?

Are the facts of the case in Clifden in dispute?  I would have thought stepping down from a prominent role in government would be a firm enough admission of guilt to then lead to a fine under the law.  Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be the potential for 81 x €2,500 in fines there.  I wonder how many people were fined by the guards for being outside their county boundary at the beginning of the lockdown?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

five points

Quote from: andoireabu on August 28, 2020, 10:55:06 AM
Quote from: five points on August 28, 2020, 10:30:03 AM

Fair enough but should a judge decide, then the person in the shop without a mask could have to pay €2,500 no?

Yes, subject to appeals etc, but suffice to say that our laws are riddled with huge fines that are rarely if ever imposed in practice.

Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be the potential for 81 x €2,500 in fines there.
In theory, yes. In reality, no. Any Guard who dared serve Mrs Killilea, who is both mourning her husband and recovering from cancer, with a €2,500 fine for attending an event to which she was invited would get his ears burned by both a judge and his superiors.

gallsman

Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 10:45:19 AM

When someone cited the hardship he has fallen on since he lost his ministerial job.

Who cited that? You're just making shit up now.

Painfully and pathetically transparent. Quite boring really.

Angelo

Quote from: gallsman on August 28, 2020, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 10:45:19 AM

Who cited that? You're just making shit up now.

Painfully and pathetically transparent. Quite boring really.

Incorrect as per usual....

Quote from: Hound on August 27, 2020, 09:06:36 AM

He was 100% fired from the ministerial job he was appointed to and from the deputy leadership.
He can't be fired from the position he was elected to by his constituents (for this anyway) until the next election. But it's a big reduction in salary and monumental reduction in future pension entitlements, so he's been hit hard.

Wouldn't be keen on Coveney going to Europe. Not too many really impressive TDS around, but he's definitely one of them.

Quote from: Hound on August 27, 2020, 01:46:03 PM

Saying he should resign his seat is completely disproportionate to the 'crime' committed. He's lost power, he's lost influence, he's lost a lot of money, but he hasn't actually committed a crime that should send him to the dole queue. Unless you think everyone who breaks govt advice on Covid should lose their jobs!

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 27, 2020, 04:18:35 PM
Losing a ministerial salary and associated pension entitlements is a lot of money, would you not agree?

I did tell you earlier that the more you contribute the more you out yourself as incredibly dim. Whether it is basic arithmetic or general comprehension, you seem to struggle which is why you seem to settle at sniping from the sideline rather than offering anything substantive.

gallsman

Saying someone has lost money is not the same as saying someone "has fallen on hardship". Nobody had claimed Calleary is out on O'Connell Bridge begging for change. They've simply pointed out the fact that he has lost a fair whack as a result of his resignation.

I don't know why I bother as you clearly understand that simple fact (my 7 year old niece can process that if X-Y=Z, then Z<X for all positive values of X and Y so in pretty certain you can) but it wouldn't really suit your agenda, would it?

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on August 28, 2020, 02:04:01 PM
Saying someone has lost money is not the same as saying someone "has fallen on hardship". Nobody had claimed Calleary is out on O'Connell Bridge begging for change. They've simply pointed out the fact that he has lost a fair whack as a result of his resignation.

I don't know why I bother as you clearly understand that simple fact (my 7 year old niece can process that if X-Y=Z, then Z<X for all positive values of X and Y so in pretty certain you can) but it wouldn't really suit your agenda, would it?
Completely right. A waste of time engaging with him, as he's a moron. And worse, a liar. One for the ignore list.

Angelo

Calleary did wrong and lost his minister's job, quite rightly. Chaps on here trying to garner sympathy for a guy reverting back to a 100k+ job after extremely poor judgement and arrogance in a public office just shows the mentality of the FS.

The guy is a millionaire, born into money and still has an extremely well compensated job and massive pension entitlements. I don't feel one bit sorry for him and I think elected public representatives should be held to a higher account.

Hound crying for him just shoes the type of moron who cases a vote down there.

Rossfan

Quote from: Hound on August 29, 2020, 09:23:57 PM

Completely right. A waste of time engaging with him, as he's a moron. And worse, a liar. One for the ignore list.
You'd miss a few good laughs every day if you put him/her on the ignore list.
Pure comedy gold ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gallsman

Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 08:29:12 AM

Calleary did wrong and lost his minister's job, quite rightly. Chaps on here trying to garner sympathy for a guy reverting back to a 100k+ job after extremely poor judgement and arrogance in a public office just shows the mentality of the FS.

The guy is a millionaire, born into money and still has an extremely well compensated job and massive pension entitlements. I don't feel one bit sorry for him and I think elected public representatives should be held to a higher account.

Nobody is crying for him. Nobody is trying to garner sympathy. You're talking absolute shite and showing yourself to be an utter twat in doing so.

Angelo

Quote from: gallsman on August 30, 2020, 11:31:05 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 08:29:12 AM

Nobody is crying for him. Nobody is trying to garner sympathy. You're talking absolute shite and showing yourself to be an utter twat in doing so.

Hound was trying to garner sympathy, decrying that he lost a load of money. He's a millionaire, we shouldn't be feeling any sympathy for him. And if you don't agree with that then ask yourself why is it you're here arguing it? The lady doth protest too much I think.

Don't be getting hissy now because you're getting found out talking through your hoop.

Main Street

It was a smart move for the Labour Party to get the contract from RTE as the first party of  opposition
That will keep all 6 Labour TDs busy. Kelly the party leader has got himself  the primetime gig on the Today program and O'Riordan on Drivetime.

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on October 01, 2020, 04:57:18 PM
It was a smart move for the Labour Party to get the contract from RTE as the first party of  opposition
That will keep all 6 Labour TDs busy. Kelly the party leader has got himself  the primetime gig on the Today program and O'Riordan on Drivetime.

Wasn't RTE full of stickies at one point like Joe Duffy and Charlie Bird?