26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2020, 09:43:51 PM
And it goes on....a Shinnerbot reacted, let's make it about them.

Shinnerbot?

Rossfan

I see Paudge Connolly ex TD and now a Monaghan Councillor was one of the 80.
Allegations he came home from a golf outing in Spain a few days before heading for Clifden so no 14 day quarantine.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 09:06:51 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 08:11:36 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 21, 2020, 07:07:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 04:39:57 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 04:30:53 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 03:48:21 PM
It's blindingly obvious you don't give two hoots about the rules, and neither does Sinn Fein

The way Shinnerbots defend themselves is by going full Trump - refusing to answer simple questions, claiming one rule for the them, another rule entirely for everybody else

The above is a classic example

Reading the above reaction to today's news from Sid - you'd be forgiven for thinking that the Golf event that's dominating today's news was attending by SF figures.

You know, I actually pointed out to Sid that the event was in actual fact attended by a series of FFG figures (and not by any SF figures). His response was to accuse me of "Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection".

Sid's some craic.

Sinn Fein leadership are guilty of the exact same thing

You think it's an issue when others do it

But you couldn't care less when Sinn Fein do it

Which just shows your supposed concern over what happened in Clifden is completely false, you don't actually care about what happened, you only care about who was involved so you can score political points

Whereas I demand the same standards from people across parties as regards obeying the rules

I don't hold double standards on this

You do

That's classic Trumpism

Well said

"You're only interested in scoring political points....its Trump style deflection".

This from a man who has spent his day desperately trying to convince the world that "Golfgate" is a SF scandal and not a FFG one!

An absolutely outstanding example of having zero self-awareness and of how there are some grown adults around that still just don't understand the concept of irony! Bravo, Sid! Bravo!

You still don't get it

You and Sinn Fein hold double standards - that what is unacceptable for others should be acceptable for Sinn Fein

And you're somehow deeply offended by me pointing out the breathtaking ludicrousness, shamelessness and entitlement of this position

You and Sinn Fein do not care about the rules on movement

You cannot hold the above position and care about the rules on movement

You only care about weaponising them for political gain

What happened in Clifden, what Dominic Cummings did and what Sinn Fein did with the Bobby Storey funeral are all the same thing - flagrant breaches of the rules

You cannot object to one without objecting to the others

Some of us actually take the rules seriously - you don't

On the contrary, Sid. You just don't get it. You have repeatedly accused me of not taking the rules seriously/defending the SF restriction breaches at the funeral; when in reality I believe SFs breaches at the funeral were unnecessary, stupid and irresponsible. Albeit not anywhere near as unnesessary, stupid and irresponsible as attending an indoor function with your golf cronies just two nights after drafting the new rules which attendance at the function breached.

When you take umbridge and someone stating that the 'Golfgate' scandal is a FFG story, and repeatedly try to divert the discussion on to a funeral in Belfast back in June, then your attempts to accuse anyone of whataboutery are not even laughable; they are just bizzare.

sid waddell

Quote from: Itchy on August 21, 2020, 09:46:11 PM
Sorry Sid, but walking outdoors in a funeral procession is not the same as 80 people indoors at a function. If you knew anything at all about this you would know that but you don't, just another empty vessel talking shite.
Sinn Fein broke the rules as regards how many were allowed in the church

They broke the rules as regards distancing outside, posing for selfies etc.

They opted to have a massive funeral cortege with resulting massive crowds on the road - which they knew full well would happen - they did this as a show of strength, and to hell with social distancing

They could have stopped the massive cortege, and they could have said in no uncertain terms that people should not gather in large numbers which could not be distanced - they did not do this - because they wanted those crowds

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/michelle-o-neill-rejects-claim-she-breached-covid-19-rules-at-bobby-storey-funeral-1.4293455

It is also understood social distancing arrangements were put in place inside the church, with mourners spread three to a pew, but more mourners were in attendance on Tuesday than were permitted under the regulations in force.

On Wednesday evening, the diocese of Down and Connor issued a statement clarifying that at the time of the funeral the rules were that only 10 people were permitted inside the church for the funeral Mass, and that notification of changes to the guidance was not received until after the funeral, on Tuesday evening.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/07/03/news/michelle-o-neill-claims-clergy-had-lack-of-understanding-on-funeral-size-guidance-1995248/

It is understood the diocese believed that funeral services on Tuesday should also have been limited to family members.

According to both Stormont's Covid-19 regulations and guidance outlined on Executive websites on Tuesday, friends of deceased people could only attend their funerals if members of their family or household did not attend.

Members of Mr Storey's family did attend on Tuesday.

This guidance remained on the NI Direct website yesterday but by today it has been changed to make no reference to limiting services to family members.

Around 120 people were inside St Agnes' Church for Mr Storey's funeral on Tuesday, including several high profile Sinn Féin members, including Ms O'Neill

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 10:06:28 PM

On the contrary, Sid. You just don't get it. You have repeatedly accused me of not taking the rules seriously/defending the SF restriction breaches at the funeral; when in reality I believe SFs breaches at the funeral were unnecessary, stupid and irresponsible. Albeit not anywhere near as unnesessary, stupid and irresponsible as attending an indoor function with your golf cronies just two nights after drafting the new rules which attendance at the function breached.

When you take umbridge and someone stating that the 'Golfgate' scandal is a FFG story, and repeatedly try to divert the discussion on to a funeral in Belfast back in June, then your attempts to accuse anyone of whataboutery are not even laughable; they are just bizzare.
And there it is

You finally admit that SF broke the rules

So where's the accountability?

This is exactly the point about Clifden - accountability and resignations were necessary

I've voted no.1 for SF twice in general elections and always give my top votes to left candidates - FF and FG have always, always been at the very bottom of my list in terms of preferences since I first had a vote in 2002 - so I cannot be accused of shilling for either party, because I've very little time for either party

sid waddell

Quote from: Peter LaFleur on August 21, 2020, 10:25:42 PM
Voting left does not hide your west brit views Sid.Keep it up.We need a laugh.
Thanks for that well thought out argument

Zazz

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2020, 10:03:43 PM
I see Paudge Connolly ex TD and now a Monaghan Councillor was one of the 80.
Allegations he came home from a golf outing in Spain a few days before heading for Clifden so no 14 day quarantine.

Hopefully the full list will come out soon.

I'm sure the Indo will be all over it: I'll wait for their pullout on it on Sunday!!

Zazz

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2020, 10:43:58 PM
Quote from: Zazz on August 21, 2020, 10:38:30 PM
Sinn Fein = Irelands Trumpists

Have you any other interests? You seemed to be very interested in the gold mining in Greencastle about 3 years ago. How's that going?

You have just done the second on that list.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Snapchap

Quite the lengthy series of posts about a funeral in Belfast back in June in reaction to yesterdays "golfgate" scandal, Sid.

And yet you continue to accuse anyone who tries to actually talk about 'Golfgate' of engaging in whataboutery.

Staggering.

marty34

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 11:03:54 PM
Quite the lengthy series of posts about a funeral in Belfast back in June in reaction to yesterdays "golfgate" scandal, Sid.

And yet you continue to accuse anyone who tries to actually talk about 'Golfgate' of engaging in whataboutery.

Staggering.

The cabal and establishment of Fianna Gael are at it again.

A few years back, we had the infamous Galway tents...these days it's the Galway golf club.

Nothing has changed.

sid waddell

Staggering.
If you find a perfectly legitimate and accurate summation of Sinn Fein's total hypocrisy on this issue to be "staggering", it's clear you badly need to get out of your SF bubble

No wonder Sinn Feiners despise journalism as a concept, and journalists - SF hate scrutiny and don't believe it should apply to them

These would be the same journalists who exposed what happened with the golf jolly

sid waddell

Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 11:21:32 PM

Staggering.

The cabal and establishment of Fianna Gael are at it again.

A few years back, we had the infamous Galway tents...these days it's the Galway golf club.

Nothing has changed.
Sinn Fein are as bad and worse than anybody, with less accountability

Sinn Fein have been the "establishment" for 13 years now, so you better get used to it

In terms of a "cabal", the word applies to Sinn Fein far more than it does to any other party, given that the central plank of their ideology remains, to this day, an unfailing belief that the Provisional IRA's three decades long campaign of violence and murder, including against civilians, was justified

Sinn Fein may now claim that Enniskillen and Warrington and the Shankill Road bomb and all the rest were wrong, but there will always be a place in the tent for those who committed such atrocities, and no place in Sinn Fein for those who believe the Provisional IRA campaign of violence and murder was wrong

You're doing a splendid job of proving that graphic above to be correct by the way

Rossfan

Just take a few weeks off Sid and give us all a break.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

My God. He's managed to shoehorn the Ra into it!! ;D

[EVERYONE:] "Hey Sid, did you hear the news? A host of FF and FG figures breached the very Covid restriction rules that they themselves set only days earlier, by attending a golf society dinner?

[SID]: "WHAT?!! HOW DARE SINN FÉIN!!

[EVERYONE]: "No it was FF and FG politicians this time."

[SID]: "Stop deflecting!! I want to talk about a funeral two months ago!"

[EVERYONE]: "Yeah we remember that, but this is a whole new story. FG and FF politicians breached their own lockdown rules so its kinda really a story about FF and FG."

[SID]: "Yeah but...but....the Ra!"