Standards in Irish Swimming Pools in 2013

Started by Feckitt, June 10, 2013, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

I am quite amazed after years and years of abuse revelations and child safeguarding measures that fellas still stroll about bollock naked in  mens changing rooms in council run family swimming pools.  Fathers that are taking young boys and girls into the changing rooms shouldnt have to march their children passed hairy arsed oul fellas who refuse to use the cubicles.  Even when taking the children through the shower on the way in and out of the pool there will be grown men showering and shampooing without a stitch on.  I mean is it too much to ask to keep the f**king shorts on.

Now this has always been the form in this particular pool, because I have been going there since I was a child myself, but now that I am bringing my son and daughter there, i find it hard to beleive that people think this is acceptable in a family swimming pool.  I have never known for this to happen in any other swimming pool. 

Obviously you don't want to start a row with a naked man in a shower.  I suppose what I want to know is, Is this normal behaviour in Irish swimming pools in 2013 or is Newry pool full of f**king perverts?

Puckoon

So the question basically is "Is nudity common in single sex changing rooms"?

You'd have to go with a "yes" vote on that one.

BennyCake

Any swimming pool I've been to (with male changing rooms. I refuse to use Leisure centres with communal changing rooms) there is usually maybe only half a dozen cubicles to change in. And those cubicles don't always have a door on them.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Feckitt on June 10, 2013, 06:44:48 PM
I am quite amazed after years and years of abuse revelations and child safeguarding measures that fellas still stroll about bollock naked in  mens changing rooms in council run family swimming pools.  Fathers that are taking young boys and girls into the changing rooms shouldnt have to march their children passed hairy arsed oul fellas who refuse to use the cubicles.  Even when taking the children through the shower on the way in and out of the pool there will be grown men showering and shampooing without a stitch on.  I mean is it too much to ask to keep the f**king shorts on.

Now this has always been the form in this particular pool, because I have been going there since I was a child myself, but now that I am bringing my son and daughter there, i find it hard to beleive that people think this is acceptable in a family swimming pool.  I have never known for this to happen in any other swimming pool. 

Obviously you don't want to start a row with a naked man in a shower.  I suppose what I want to know is, Is this normal behaviour in Irish swimming pools in 2013 or is Newry pool full of f**king perverts?

You've answered your own question ;D

haranguerer

Are you for f**king real??

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on June 10, 2013, 09:00:45 PM

Are you for f**king real??

Why would you even type this?
How much thought have you really given the subject?
MWWSI 2017

Ulick

I've no problem with communal changing or showers in the leisure centres in the north. In fact all of the council run centres we've used up here have been exemplary in terms of safety, hygiene and value for money. You only need to compare against some of the shitholes in the south to realise that e.g. Kilkee waterworld. At the end of the day the sight of a hairy arse isn't going to leave any lasting impact and I'd much rather deal with that than cuts from broken tiles or any number of nasty infections or injuries liable in the less better run establishments.

Minder

Slightly off topic but I saw an article today about the rubbish that was left on beaches here over the weekend, I saw it first hand on Waterfoot beach at the weekend. Some dirty bastards about.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

omagh_gael

Took my two boys, two and one years old, plus the missus to Waterworld in Bundoran yesterday. The dirty hoors charged 28 feckin' Euro for the four of us. Unbelievable!!

Ulick

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 10, 2013, 11:53:00 PM
Took my two boys, two and one years old, plus the missus to Waterworld in Bundoran yesterday. The dirty hoors charged 28 feckin' Euro for the four of us. Unbelievable!!

Same price as Kilkee an the place filthy. Five of us into any of the swimming pools in Belfast, Castlereag or Lisburn is £4-£6 and your eyes aren't still bleeding from the chlorine days later.

Rois

Quote from: Ulick on June 11, 2013, 01:30:25 AM
Same price as Kilkee an the place filthy. Five of us into any of the swimming pools in Belfast, Castlereag or Lisburn is £4-£6 and your eyes aren't still bleeding from the chlorine days later.

How did you manage that then??  My BF took his nephew the other week to the fancy one in Lisburn and it was over £10 for two of them. 

Ulick

Haven't been to Lisburn in a while but children (under 4) are normally free in leisure centres in the north.

NAG1

Quote from: Rois on June 11, 2013, 12:58:24 PM
Quote from: Ulick on June 11, 2013, 01:30:25 AM

How did you manage that then??  My BF took his nephew the other week to the fancy one in Lisburn and it was over £10 for two of them.

The answer is in the question  ;)

Hardy

Obviously you don't want to start a row with a naked man in a shower. 

:D  For the same reason you should never wrestle with a pig?